BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

The Old Ball Coach does it again.

Great prime time SEC game...the SEC is the new version of the Big Ten with running, defense, good special teams.

Steve Spurrior is nothing short of a (college) coaching genius. Tennessee fans must be hurting to lose to a below average SC team at home.

Great win for SC tonight.

Tenn should be a solid bet next week though.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Man, how overrated was Tennessee this year. A top 5 team , and they are 3-4 now. Ouch.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spurrier always plays this guys tough...it was a great game...

why
    why's Avatar Become A Pro!

Played USC +7 1/2 1st H, should have played them 2nd half. Tenn. at 3-4?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by why
    Tenn. at 3-4?
    Yep. Bowl hopes are closing fast.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Overated teams this year here's your working list:

Tenn
    Purdue (got extreme luck b/c they don't have to play OSU and MICH this year...but it looks like they might go 0-8 anyway)
    Arizona St
    Michigan St
    Michigan
    Iowa
    Oklahoma
    Louisville

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Michigan should top that list, and Oklahoma a close second, with Tennessee thrid. But then again, you can put either one in that order and its legit.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very good list. Iowa stands out as well. They were supposed to run the table this year. Michigan can be 2-7 then win a huge game and still be in the top 25.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Good list BB although I dont think Mich St was over rated. They did not come in as a top 10 team but had some great games. They are a good team but they have been caught sleeping.

Personally I thought Tenn was loaded from A to Z so to me that is the shocker of the 2005 season. I also thought Michigan would be top 8 material. The team that brought everyone back was Louisville and they are a head scratcher too.

Shawn01
    Shawn01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    Very good list. Iowa stands out as well. They were supposed to run the table this year. Michigan can be 2-7 then win a huge game and still be in the top 25.
    True, and as a loyal Buckeye fan I hate Michigan. I see you all have a "Go Michigan" smilie for this forum. I would love to see it removed...hint, hint.

pags11

so anyone like S. Carolina this week?...

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Set-up game of the week: Tennessee + @ Notre Dame.

Tennessee has more talent than Notre Dame, and is one of the best dogs in the nation. The Vols have revenge, and will be plenty motivated here.
    Notre Dame defense is weak, and the Vols will be able to score enough to at least cover, if not win. On the other side, Tennessee still has a dominant defense.
    GP will be all over Notre Dame (so I will wait to bet this), and Sunday morning they will be asking themselves how the hell they lost straight up.

pags11

yeah, we will probably see +10 by kickoff...perhaps...

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Set-up game of the week: Tennessee + @ Notre Dame.

Tennessee has more talent than Notre Dame, and is one of the best dogs in the nation. The Vols have revenge, and will be plenty motivated here.
    Notre Dame defense is weak, and the Vols will be able to score enough to at least cover, if not win. On the other side, Tennessee still has a dominant defense.
    GP will be all over Notre Dame (so I will wait to bet this), and Sunday morning they will be asking themselves how the hell they lost straight up.
    I'll be on Tenn and probably a small play on Tenn ML this week.

pags11

I'm on S. Carolina here...big game for a bowl berth, 'cause they will have a tough time winning their next two (Florida, Clemson)...Spurrier's a smart coach, he knows this and should pull out all of the stops...