Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida vs. Ohio State

Here's the line for the national title game:

Mon 1/8 489 Florida +7.5 -102 +260 OVER 48 -105
    05:00 PM 490 Ohio State -7.5 -108 -300 UNDER 48 -105

ChrisV
    ChrisV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Crap, I was hoping and praying anything under 7 to hammer it. 7.5 makes it more thoughtful.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

The Under is a good play IMO.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Cool. Florida is up to +8. Keep the money pouring in on OSU guys.

Illusion

Total also moved another half point to 48.5

Where do you guys think the the side will finish?

dave11486

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Cool. Florida is up to +8. Keep the money pouring in on OSU guys.
    Yeah really. People are going to be pissed when they win by a FG again. Jim Tressel is not your regular coach.

dave11486

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    Total also moved another half point to 48.5

Where do you guys think the the side will finish?
    Under

I am guessing a 24-20 final.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

A very polished and talented OSU team here that has looked invincible almost the entire regular season against subpar opponents.

VS.

A very mistake-prone and talented Florida team that has looked beatable almost the entire regular season against the hardest schedule in the nation.

What truly makes this game interesting is that Florida gets another 5 weeks of practice and recovery time which could have an astronomical benefit for their chances. On the other side, the extra time really only hurts OSU more than it helps. The Buckeyes would win this game easily if it were played next weekend.

If you think Florida has a chance, bet them now.

If you want to eat points and take OSU, you're better off to wait until 5 minutes before kickoff when you'll only need a TD to cover.

Just a warning to all: The level of competition in the SEC was FAR superior to that of the Big 10 this year. Wisconsin, clearly the third best team in the Big 10 would be beaten regularly by the top 6 teams in the SEC. The dropoff in the Big 10 after Wisconsin is off the chart.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree that's the way the line will move...

dave11486

Iset it's on brother!

This game will be close. If Florida can avoid mistakes the Buckeyes are in trouble, but I guess that is the problem.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, wait until ABC starts selling this game. They'll make Florida look like they belong in the NFL playoffs.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why do I think Florida is going to win this game? It's a pure gut feel, I've been down on them all year, but for some bizarre reason I think they are going to win this game. Yet, when I examine the matchups, I don't know how they are going to do it.

silenthyena
    silenthyena's Avatar Become A Pro!

Razz its because I told you they would beat ARK. Remember me? Told you we have a good secondary.

pags11

meyer is just as good in big games as tressel is...

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by pags11

Agreed. This is what makes this game scary. From a fan perspective, I think the right thing was done in putting Florida in the National Title Game. However, from a gambling perspective, I would've much rather seen Michigan in this game because Tressel would make Lloyd Carr look amateurish after a month to prepare. And the line would of been more like 4 which would have been a gift from the heavens. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, I suppose.

E

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pags11
    I think the difference depends on how one defines "Big" games...

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by silenthyena
    Told you we have a good secondary.
    LOL, and then were proven remarkably wrong when Florida became the first SEC team in 17 years to give up touchdown passes thrown by three different players.

silenthyena

And? They run a gimmick offense, point is never bet against the Gators and you will be better off and never bet that bammer will cover the spread.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida won the Hoops Title...can they win the Football Title as well?

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by silenthyena
    And? They run a gimmick offense, point is never bet against the Gators and you will be better off and never bet that bammer will cover the spread.
    Florida 4-8 ATS (Alabama was 6-6 ATS, not that that has anything to do with anything)

Razz

By the way, I bet on Florida against Alabama, and it was the luckiest win I had all season. I've been fading them ever since, and they have been fabulous to me because they can't blow anyone out.
    As an underdog though, I think they may be the correct play. The only thing that scares me is Urban Meyer an incredibly overrated coach, and he is nowhere near Tressel's level.

pags11

anyone know why the hell legendz has Florida +7.5 (-115) right now?...it's seriously pissing me off...

silenthyena

I was thinking of last year with bammer and the spread, they didnt cover well if I remember correctly. Urban needs the correct personnel to look brilliant, wait in a year or two he will you remind you of the Utah days. If anything Florida may have a problem with Smith's passing ability on that night and not the running game of Ohio St.

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!
    caseyking2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

Two mobile qb's in this game I see this game soaring over the total. Florida is going to bring everything out of the bag. I can't wait to watch this game.....Maybe another USC Vs. Texas game.

BamaDadDZ
    BamaDadDZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ohio State all the way. Look at the stats from their victory against Michigan. OSU dominated. Michigan recovered three turnovers that kept the game close. And Michigan is a better team than Florida or USC. Buckeyes all the way.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by caseyking2
    Florida is going to bring everything out of the bag.
    That's certainly true.

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDadDZ
    Ohio State all the way. Look at the stats from their victory against Michigan. OSU dominated. Michigan recovered three turnovers that kept the game close. And Michigan is a better team than Florida or USC. Buckeyes all the way.
    Thanks for your feedback and welcome to SBR.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

To me, the SEC just seemed "soft" this year compared to years past. Too many in that conf. up & down-hot & cold, not a lot of consistency other than Florida's SU win record, of which most weren't really impressive other than at home against LSU & ARK (which I'm not saying that's not tough-& to be truthful, I can't remember if LSU was playing well at that time).

Florida has holes in their game package, OSU seems to be a tight unit that has the focus & consistent execution that it will take to win on the "big day". Whether OSU wins by enough to cash in.....if everything goes right for Florida & everything goes wrong for OSU........probably not......you know how those days just happen sometimes.......
    & as always, this is just IMRO. (in my "rookie" opinion)
    What I know for sure is that I'm off on Mondays & I'll be waiting for kickoff with a coldie & probably a small wager in hand.

pags11

nosu,

remember that Tressel had big games at Youngstown St. that allowed him to take this job...same goes for Meyer...he won the big games at bowling green...won the big games at Utah (beating Pac 10 teams) and also winning the Fiesta Bowl...did very well in the SEC and won the SEC championship game...

Mr Nuts
    Mr Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see this game being a shoot out maybe 38 /30 Ohio St.

jimmy
    jimmy's Avatar Become A Pro!

ohio st 34 20

jimmy

ohio st will be ready to score points

jimmy

ohio state played consistant all year one more game will not make a difference ohio state all the way easy win by at l14 to 21 points

jimmy

as i said earlier boise and ohio st undefeated

jimmy

i am from youngstown tressel proved himself at both ysu and ohio st he will win again

12 Last