Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

This is ridiculous. If there are high winds we should call practice? FYI, they'd never practice in Wyoming based on this belief. I have no direct responsibility for taping this practice but I should call it anyway. Am I even paying attention to the matter? When have you ever heard of coaches studying practice footage? It's been said it wasn't part of the department. If that's the case then how is it on my radar if I'm coach. As coach of any program I don't have enough to be worried about? Come on man...

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

may be in the big bowl in like 3 years

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Was coach at Central Michigan when multiple players beat someone to death in a bar fight. His response?

"A number of them were African Americans that had been in that culture of violence, and they're taught to look away. You don't want anything to do with it. Get out of there. You don't say anything to anybody."
    This is an interesting statement.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Quote Originally Posted by Walulu View Post
    This is ridiculous. If there are high winds we should call practice? FYI, they'd never practice in Wyoming based on this belief. I have no direct responsibility for taping this practice but I should call it anyway. Am I even paying attention to the matter? When have you ever heard of coaches studying practice footage? It's been said it wasn't part of the department. If that's the case then how is it on my radar if I'm coach. As coach of any program I don't have enough to be worried about? Come on man...

Here are your points:
    There are high winds in Wyoming.
    Some "department" video tapes the football practices that the coaches don't watch.
    Some "department" has a 50 foot tower next to the football practice field.
    The head coach does not realize there is a major wind storm during his practice.
    The head coach can't call practice and move into their indoor practice facility.

Yeah you're right it was the 18 year old kid's fault.

Walulu

Sure, you've broken it down very well. How about this, and this will get everyone a little riled up. When does a person become responsible for them self? No I will not stay on that tower. Hey, it doesn't feel safe. How about in any job? what you are asking or expecting me to do is wrong yada-yada. I wont do it. This was a tragedy and certainly doesnt make anyone feel good. The best points made have been with regard to OSHA and the like. If there was fault by anyone in the university it would have been found and ND penalized in some way.

Walulu

I also don't believe this situation is one where the kid was forced to do it. Did someone threaten him with punitive action if he didnt tape? Real question. If that is the case maybe you have something here.

First 12