No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Brian Kelly

Was coach at Central Michigan when multiple players beat someone to death in a bar fight. His response?

"A number of them were African Americans that had been in that culture of violence, and they're taught to look away. You don't want anything to do with it. Get out of there. You don't say anything to anybody."

Was coach when a student video coordinator fall to his death trying to tape a practice from a 50-foot lift in extreme weather conditions.

Was coach when a Notre Dame player allegedly raped a girl in 2010, and that girl eventually killed herself. No charges were ever filed.

Do you honestly believe Kelly was an innocent bystander in this Te'o debacle? This guy's track record when it comes to morality issues would make a hardened criminal blush. I'm sure Kelly knew about this weeks -- if not months -- before the story ever hit the mainstream media. Just another cover-up in a career full of them.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

bk had nothing to do with declan sullivan...
    Notre Dame player allegedly raped a girl and killed herself....... seriously ?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    bk had nothing to do with declan sullivan...
    What?!?!

How do you figure?

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Was coach at Central Michigan when multiple players beat someone to death in a bar fight. His response?

"A number of them were African Americans that had been in that culture of violence, and they're taught to look away. You don't want anything to do with it. Get out of there. You don't say anything to anybody."

Was coach when a student video coordinator fall to his death trying to tape a practice from a 50-foot lift in extreme weather conditions.

Was coach when a Notre Dame player allegedly raped a girl in 2010, and that girl eventually killed herself. No charges were ever filed.

Do you honestly believe Kelly was an innocent bystander in this Te'o debacle? This guy's track record when it comes to morality issues would make a hardened criminal blush. I'm sure Kelly knew about this weeks -- if not months -- before the story ever hit the mainstream media. Just another cover-up in a career full of them.
    Jesus Cripes dude.

Try harder. The girl's name was Lizzy Seeburg. She made an accusation against a ND football player who went under her shirt and felt her breast while making out. It was investigated and her story was "less than convincing".

She killed herself. She also had a history of stress/pysch issues.

ND has many faults, but blaming Brian Kelly because that girl killed herself is ridiculous. Are you blaming Brian Billick for Ray Lewis and his buddies murdering 2 people?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

saloon this shit.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

No coin always trying to bash nd. Lol.

Who cares if kelly knew or not?

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

why would he know, he checks out the players girlfriends

the players would know before him

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    No coin always trying to bash nd. Lol.

Who cares if kelly knew or not?
    I'm always trying to bash ND?

I called their 11-0 start back in September.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

NoCoin....
    someone needs a nappypoo.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Jesus Cripes dude.

Try harder. The girl's name was Lizzy Seeburg. She made an accusation against a ND football player who went under her shirt and felt her breast while making out. It was investigated and her story was "less than convincing".

She killed herself. She also had a history of stress/pysch issues.

ND has many faults, but blaming Brian Kelly because that girl killed herself is ridiculous. Are you blaming Brian Billick for Ray Lewis and his buddies murdering 2 people?
    Even if you take that out of the equation, trouble seems to find this guy. I'm sure he was part of the cover-up re: the Te'o story -- if not involved directly.

I'd still like to know how he had "nothing to do" with Declan Sullivan. Who are you blaming if not Kelly? Mother Nature?

SamDiamond

Even if you take that out of the equation, trouble seems to find this guy. I'm sure he was part of the cover-up re: the Te'o story -- if not involved directly.

I'd still like to know how he had "nothing to do" with Declan Sullivan. Who are you blaming if not Kelly? Mother Nature?
    Well, did you read the OSHA report? Start there, and then tell us how you find Kelly at fault.

And now? In light of what ESPN is now reporting about the Te'o incident, explain how Kelly could possibly be involved in that? Seriously.

I have to hear you attach Kelly to this, especially given the report by ESPN's OTL and Shelly Smith.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Well, did you read the OSHA report? Start there, and then tell us how you find Kelly at fault.

And now? In light of what ESPN is now reporting about the Te'o incident, explain how Kelly could possibly be involved in that? Seriously.

I have to hear you attach Kelly to this, especially given the report by ESPN's OTL and Shelly Smith.
    Kelly may not have been involved from jump, but I find it hard to believe he hasn't been a part of the cover-up over the course of the last month.

How do you clear Kelly of responsibility re: Sullivan's death? Is he not the head coach?

SamDiamond

Kelly may not have been involved from jump, but I find it hard to believe he hasn't been a part of the cover-up over the course of the last month.

How do you clear Kelly of responsibility re: Sullivan's death? Is he not the head coach?
    First of all, I didn't clear Kelly of anything.

But the Sullivan family did, and I value their opinion on the matter far more than yours.

The family didn't sue ND, they didn't blame Kelly, in fact, they have gone on record as saying how much they appreciated the university's candor and openness about the incident.

And lastly. OSHA didn't find fault with Kelly either. The chain of command in place didn't have Kelly involved in the least.

Here's the crazy part. I'm not a ND fan. I'm a Gator. But you have me defending them.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

First of all, I didn't clear Kelly of anything.

But the Sullivan family did, and I value their opinion on the matter far more than yours.

The family didn't sue ND, they didn't blame Kelly, in fact, they have gone on record as saying how much they appreciated the university's candor and openness about the incident.

And lastly. OSHA didn't find fault with Kelly either. The chain of command in place didn't have Kelly involved in the least.

Here's the crazy part. I'm not a ND fan. I'm a Gator. But you have me defending them.
    So Kelly didn't have the kid up 50 feet in the air videotaping practice in horrible weather? That's news to me.

SamDiamond

So Kelly didn't have the kid up 50 feet in the air videotaping practice in horrible weather? That's news to me.
    Well, you also reported that a ND football player raped a student. So this wouldn't be the first time you were wrong in the thread.

SamDiamond

This is from the New York Times regarding Declan Sullivan.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/19/sp...rish.html?_r=0

Here is a quote you may be interested in:

"The investigation found that none advised Kelly that practice should have been held indoors because of the conditions."

Facts suck, don't they NC?

ebbearsfb1

Coin I've seen some of your posts about ND,... dont have time to go back thru everyone,

but already saw one in the other thread about deadspin burying Teo.

nothing wrong with not liking ND or Kelly alot of people dont like the school or him.

in all these stories unless we were there we only know as much as the media ends up reporting.

like i said who cares if Kelly knew... He is there to win football games, and he has done just that.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

This is from the New York Times regarding Declan Sullivan.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/19/sp...rish.html?_r=0

Here is a quote you may be interested in:

"The investigation found that none advised Kelly that practice should have been held indoors because of the conditions."

Facts suck, don't they NC?
    So Kelly can't come to that conclusion on his own? He had to be "advised" that the weather was bad and the kid shouldn't have been trying to tape practice in 50+ MPH winds from 50 feet in the air?

Just because the family didn't sue Kelly/ND doesn't mean he wasn't responsible. Hell, the kid tweeted "this is scary; I guess I've lived long enough" before he plummeted to his death. Kelly is the head coach; it happened on his watch. No lawsuit doesn't mean Kelly was blameless.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

like i said who cares if Kelly knew... He is there to win football games, and he has done just that.
    That's a pretty narrow view. So Kelly has no moral responsibility as a football coach?

ebbearsfb1

do you have fact of this?

seems like a big conspiracy...

add it to the list of all time conspiracy, 9/11, sandy hook, jfk, the moon landing,

etc etc

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

do you have fact of this?

seems like a big conspiracy...

add it to the list of all time conspiracy, 9/11, sandy hook, jfk, the moon landing,

etc etc
    We'll see where this story ends up. It's far from over.

SamDiamond

So Kelly can't come to that conclusion on his own? He had to be "advised" that the weather was bad and the kid shouldn't have been trying to tape practice in 50+ MPH winds from 50 feet in the air?

Just because the family didn't sue Kelly/ND doesn't mean he wasn't responsible. Hell, the kid tweeted "this is scary; I guess I've lived long enough" before he plummeted to his death. Kelly is the head coach; it happened on his watch. No lawsuit doesn't mean Kelly was blameless.
    You just can't admit you're wrong, can you?

There is a difference between not filing litigation against ND and praising them for cooperating and being transparent, which is what the Sullivan family did. Had they had the slightest reservations about someone getting blamed for this, do you think their public support would have been so forthcoming?

You are blaming Kelly as an extension of "He is the man at the top", but if you read the OSHA report, 3 ND employees directed Sullivan to that perch. None of them was Kelly.

I'm curious, on a Division 1A college football team, do you think Kelly walks around and supervises every single function of that team? From making sure the kids ankles are taped, to the helmets being inspected? Blaming Kelly serves your purpose in this thread, but the Sullivan family, OSHA, and the Indiana Employees Union, all independent of one another found no blame for Kelly.

ebbearsfb1

That's a pretty narrow view. So Kelly has no moral responsibility as a football coach?
    Hes a college coach, not a saint, not a baby sitter.

I agree its a narrow view, but its the way society has made things..
    Its put winning at a premium over everything else.

I dont think that cant be denied do you?

And as a fan do you care what goes on with your players if they dont produce on game day,

Its not gonna make ya feel any better as a fan if all Michigan or ohio state or whoever if you players have 4.0 gpa and do commuity service but on the season they are 0-12. You know what im saying?

just look at Paterno he was considered a Saint now look what happened.

and if you have a coach who has morals but isnt winning, he'll be out of a job.

but if you have a coach who wins, and swipes shyt under the wrong, hes got a 5 million a year contract

I dont like it but its the way it is

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/30/sp...anted=all&_r=0

It's not that the family thinks Kelly and ND are blameless -- they just wanted to move on because they knew nothing would bring their son back.

“For the most part, at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter who’s quote-unquote to blame,” he said. “What matters is my brother isn’t here.”

“We’re just not those kind of people,” he said. “That was the visceral, gut reaction. I want to stop anyone who suggests otherwise. Our response to the university didn’t have a dollar sign attached to it. That’s not part of this at all.”

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You just can't admit you're wrong, can you?

There is a difference between not filing litigation against ND and praising them for cooperating and being transparent, which is what the Sullivan family did. Had they had the slightest reservations about someone getting blamed for this, do you think their public support would have been so forthcoming?

You are blaming Kelly as an extension of "He is the man at the top", but if you read the OSHA report, 3 ND employees directed Sullivan to that perch. None of them was Kelly.

I'm curious, on a Division 1A college football team, do you think Kelly walks around and supervises every single function of that team? From making sure the kids ankles are taped, to the helmets being inspected? Blaming Kelly serves your purpose in this thread, but the Sullivan family, OSHA, and the Indiana Employees Union, all independent of one another found no blame for Kelly.
    That's the way the real world works.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

So practicing in 50 MPH winds and having a kid videotaping it from 50 feet up in the air is the same as inspecting helmets and making sure kids' ankles are taped under the umbrella of responsibility?

Did the three ND employees make sure there was practice that day, or was it Kelly?

SamDiamond

That's the way the real world works.
    No it isn't and you know that.

Okay, fine. Let's file fraud charges against Bill Clinton, George Bush, and Barack Obama.

All of them were sitting presidents when Lance Armstrong took US Tax Dollar mone via USPS sponsorship and then used PEDs.

Oh, better. Lane Kiffin should be rung up on charges tomorrow. Why?

Armond Armstead was a DL for USC. He is blaming the administration of the pain killer Toradol for him developing a cardiac condition which led to him being unable to play his senior year of college football, and ultimately transferring to the Canadian Football League.

And while we are at it. Let's blame Les Miles for Honey Badger using weed, let's lock up Jerry Jones for Josh Brent's DUI.

I mean, the boss gets the blame, right?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

No it isn't and you know that.

Okay, fine. Let's file fraud charges against Bill Clinton, George Bush, and Barack Obama.

All of them were sitting presidents when Lance Armstrong took US Tax Dollar mone via USPS sponsorship and then used PEDs.

Oh, better. Lane Kiffin should be rung up on charges tomorrow. Why?

Armond Armstead was a DL for USC. He is blaming the administration of the pain killer Toradol for him developing a cardiac condition which led to him being unable to play his senior year of college football, and ultimately transferring to the Canadian Football League.

And while we are at it. Let's blame Les Miles for Honey Badger using weed, let's lock up Jerry Jones for Josh Brent's DUI.

I mean, the boss gets the blame, right?
    These are horrible comparisons and you know that.

Kelly held the practice in questionable conditions. Kelly maybe didn't walk Sullivan up the ladder himself, but he is the one who has practices videotaped, correct? Stop acting like he wasn't around or didn't have anything to do with ND being outside practicing in the first place.

To throw these other incidents in and pretend they even remotely parallel this is absurd -- especially when we're talking about a kid dying for no reason whatsoever. It was an accident of course, but I don't know how you don't see Kelly directly involved in the chain of command that led to what could've been an avoidable situation.

SamDiamond

These are horrible comparisons and you know that.

Kelly held the practice in questionable conditions. Kelly maybe didn't walk Sullivan up the ladder himself, but he is the one who has practices videotaped, correct? Stop acting like he wasn't around or didn't have anything to do with ND being outside practicing in the first place.

To throw these other incidents in and pretend they even remotely parallel this is absurd -- especially when we're talking about a kid dying for no reason whatsoever. It was an accident of course, but I don't know how you don't see Kelly directly involved in the chain of command that led to what could've been an avoidable situation.
    So Kelly is responsible for the video taping of a practice (Even though, as outlined in the OSHA report, Sullivan was NOT an employee of the football department) , but Lane Kiffin isn't responsible for the medications given to the players, which were administered by the medical staff employed FOR THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

So Kelly is responsible for the video taping of a practice (Even though, as outlined in the OSHA report, Sullivan was NOT an employee of the football department) , but Lane Kiffin isn't responsible for the medications given to the players, which were administered by the medical staff employed FOR THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM?
    Again, Kelly conducted the practice. Sullivan may not be an employee of the football department on paper, but he was there because practice was in session -- and I'm sure Kelly is the one who decides when/if a practice is being taped. Why wouldn't he be?

As for Kiffin, I have no problem with him being at least partially to blame for that. Again, though, this Armstead cat isn't dead because of it.

Your President/Armstrong comparison is just plain stupid.

SamDiamond

Again, Kelly conducted the practice. Sullivan may not be an employee of the football department on paper, but he was there because practice was in session -- and I'm sure Kelly is the one who decides when/if a practice is being taped. Why wouldn't he be?

As for Kiffin, I have no problem with him being at least partially to blame for that. Again, though, this Armstead cat isn't dead because of it.

Your President/Armstrong comparison is just plain stupid.
    More or less stupid than contending that a ND football player raped a student when it never happened?

Yeah, thought so.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Blame the white male for the actions of a female, black person, and a homosexual...

Just like real life...

Business as usual...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    Blame the white male for the actions of a female, black person, and a homosexual...

Just like real life...

Business as usual...
    The white male is the one who's in charge.

You're right: just like real life/business as usual.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Kelly wasn't responsible for The videotaping of his practices? That is laughable. "Not my department."

12 Last