TheSituation87
    TheSituation87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Texas A&M vs Oklahoma

Who you have winning and what you betting on?

Im still deciding, but have a hunch to go against Mr Heisman

Jackie Moon
    Jackie Moon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was leaning OU +3 but am not sure by any means.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

A&M has the better defense and offense. As long as the Heisman jinx doesn't hit Manziel which I doubt since he's not thinking about the NFL as a freshman, this should be an easy cover. I'm on TAM pretty big in this one but my sleeper is Ole Miss on Saturday. Bet the fukking farm.

overcome
    overcome's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

im probably going to go with A&M +7 (part of my existing teaser). leaning over on this game too

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

These two teams are too evenly matched to bet a side IMO.

Both teams are in the top 10 offensively averaging over 40 pts per game and over 1000 yards of offense. The ONLY play here is the total--OVER.

briedward
    briedward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3401

I bet $500 on A&M -3, and $4000 to win roughly $3000 ML.

Covy
    Covy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1430

No brainer...A&M

Sooners haven't showed up for a big game this year...Big 12 is average

A&M beat Bama on the road and are arguably the hottest team in CFB

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Covy View Post
    No brainer...A&M

Sooners haven't showed up for a big game this year...Big 12 is average

A&M beat Bama on the road and are arguably the hottest team in CFB
    Does being the 'hottest' team still hold weight if they haven't played a game in 6 weeks?

uanl
    uanl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

The big 12 is seen as inferior to the SEC, A&M is seen as the better team, the hot team, they have the heisman, they beat bama and yet the line is just -3. In fact it went from -3.5 down to -3. Perception isn't always reality. I like the Sooners to win outright, but I'll take the points. BOL

TheSituation87

I'm taking OU +1 1/2 1st half. Going against what my brain is telling me and hope I'm right. The o/u scares me. Unlike Oregon K-State where I knew pretty dam certain they wont reach 60 let alone 74, I think both teams might put up enough points. But the fact its still 73 seems a lot. That 5 touchdowns a piece plus a FG.

Sticking just with OU 1st half. GL to the rest of you. Should be a great game

Phatman36
    Phatman36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I got -4 A&M. LETS GOOOOOOOO

jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

you do know that a&M has cashed on 1st half in every game in the past two years lol good pick buddy

Quote Originally Posted by TheSituation87 View Post
    I'm taking OU +1 1/2 1st half. Going against what my brain is telling me and hope I'm right. The o/u scares me. Unlike Oregon K-State where I knew pretty dam certain they wont reach 60 let alone 74, I think both teams might put up enough points. But the fact its still 73 seems a lot. That 5 touchdowns a piece plus a FG.

jakeloftin2186

A&M fist half whatever the line is when its posted in my book...A&M has cashed on every first half in the past two years

TheDirtySanchez
    TheDirtySanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

Quote Originally Posted by jakeloftin2186 View Post
    A&M fist half whatever the line is when its posted in my book...A&M has cashed on every first half in the past two years
    Really?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtySanchez View Post
    Really?
    No.

Coming Back!
    Coming Back!'s Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Oklahoma bc of the Texas A&M Offensive coordinator left & there is to much hype w "Johnny Football". Watch him crash down to earth

MrBig33
    MrBig33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 997

Quote Originally Posted by Pickem2win View Post
    These two teams are too evenly matched to bet a side IMO.

Both teams are in the top 10 offensively averaging over 40 pts per game and over 1000 yards of offense. The ONLY play here is the total--OVER.

Just like the Oregon and Kst game right?...everybody had the over...well I am noticing not many teams are hitting the over this bowl season....take the under.

Twisted_One
    Twisted_One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2508

Quote Originally Posted by Coming Back! View Post
    I like Oklahoma bc of the Texas A&M Offensive coordinator left & there is to much hype w "Johnny Football". Watch him crash down to earth
    That is a bad reason to talk yourself into a loser. Aggies are the easy play here.

MrBig33
    MrBig33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 997

Quote Originally Posted by Coming Back! View Post

Not a chance...do you really think Kingsbury took the playbook with him and left them out to dry? LOL.....A&M wins tonight.

qb1789
    qb1789's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted_One View Post
    That is a bad reason to talk yourself into a loser. Aggies are the easy play here.
    Exactly. Don't over think this one it's one of the easiest plays all bowl season!

DoubleRedDragon
    DoubleRedDragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 519

agreed i'm large on aggies

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by MrBig33 View Post
    Just like the Oregon and Kst game right?...everybody had the over...well I am noticing not many teams are hitting the over this bowl season....take the under.
    major difference in UO/KSU: KSU wanted to bleed the clock from early on to keep Oregon's offense off the field and keep them from finding a rhythm. no reason to assume that either A&M or OU will do that tonight.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    No.
    I thought a&m have covered every 1h this year. When didn't they?

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

I bought in at 75. All it will take is a few drives stalling out and will get a great opp for a middle if I want out of it.

rickydsabres420
    rickydsabres420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

First ever post but long time reader, personally leaning towards a 7 pt teaser Oklahoma +10 and UN 79.5

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    major difference in UO/KSU: KSU wanted to bleed the clock from early on to keep Oregon's offense off the field and keep them from finding a rhythm. no reason to assume that either A&M or OU will do that tonight.
    Both teams are decent defensively though. TAMU gives up 22 a game and OU gives up 24. I know you could make the argument that they're facing better O's but I still think it flies under.

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by rickydsabres420 View Post
    First ever post but long time reader, personally leaning towards a 7 pt teaser Oklahoma +10 and UN 79.5
    Like your style. Only teaser I would do for this game

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Oklahoma is going to fukkin roll

jakeloftin2186

Name one if it isnt everyone then its a percentage above 90%
    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    No.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Both teams are decent defensively though. TAMU gives up 22 a game and OU gives up 24. I know you could make the argument that they're facing better O's but I still think it flies under.
    decent is about as far as i would go. A&M allows 5.26 yards/play defensively (39th nationally), OU allows 5.44 (55th), so they are right in the middle of the bell curve. offensively, they are both top 10 in YPPlay (A&M 6.91, OU 6.6) and both do very well at converting yards into points (A&M 12.3 YPPoint, OU 12.6; close to 12 = elite there).

i think that you need to be careful looking at defensive points allowed/game. many of their games were against teams not in their class who tried to bleed clock in the 1H to keep it close against their elite offensive opponent and had no ability to keep up once the offensive onslaught began. in their respective games against excellent offensive teams (top 20 YPPlay), A&M beat Bama 29-24 in a game that just went under (and if you'll recall the final drive, couldn't have been much closer to going over), while all four of OU's games went over with relative ease (Okie State, Baylor, WVU, TT). perhaps most important is pace. A&M games averaged 154 plays this year while OU's averaged 147. A&M/Bama had only 142 plays, but it was Bama that wanted to limit pace there. total plays in OU games against these four teams with excellent offenses: 182 (Okie State; note was OT game), 163 (Baylor), 160 (WVU) and 142 (TT in early season). down the stretch, against good offenses, OU put its foot on the gas.

so, two elite offenses against two decent/average defenses and both teams should play up tempo. i have it at 150 plays and 79-80 points. if the pace exceeds that (and it might well be in the neighborhood of 160), so much the better. over for me but BOL whatever you play.

mikmik
    mikmik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15907

Going with the veteran Qb. Jones 3-0 in bowl games. And On over Big 12 dont believe in defense. Over rolls easy.

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    decent is about as far as i would go. A&M allows 5.26 yards/play defensively (39th nationally), OU allows 5.44 (55th), so they are right in the middle of the bell curve. offensively, they are both top 10 in YPPlay (A&M 6.91, OU 6.6) and both do very well at converting yards into points (A&M 12.3 YPPoint, OU 12.6; close to 12 = elite there).

i think that you need to be careful looking at defensive points allowed/game. many of their games were against teams not in their class who tried to bleed clock in the 1H to keep it close against their elite offensive opponent and had no ability to keep up once the offensive onslaught began. in their respective games against excellent offensive teams (top 20 YPPlay), A&M beat Bama 29-24 in a game that just went under (and if you'll recall the final drive, couldn't have been much closer to going over), while all four of OU's games went over with relative ease (Okie State, Baylor, WVU, TT). perhaps most important is pace. A&M games averaged 154 plays this year while OU's averaged 147. A&M/Bama had only 142 plays, but it was Bama that wanted to limit pace there. total plays in OU games against these four teams with excellent offenses: 182 (Okie State; note was OT game), 163 (Baylor), 160 (WVU) and 142 (TT in early season). down the stretch, against good offenses, OU put its foot on the gas.

so, two elite offenses against two decent/average defenses and both teams should play up tempo. i have it at 150 plays and 79-80 points. if the pace exceeds that (and it might well be in the neighborhood of 160), so much the better. over for me but BOL whatever you play.
    Yea, definitely not worthy of being called anything past "decent" or "serviceable". Throw in a little rust from layover between games and Stoops coaching tight in a big spot... I like the under and am glad to see it dropped a full 3 points from where I bought in at. Think i'll have plenty of opps to buy out though

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Yea, definitely not worthy of being called anything past "decent" or "serviceable". Throw in a little rust from layover between games and Stoops coaching tight in a big spot... I like the under and am glad to see it dropped a full 3 points from where I bought in at. Think i'll have plenty of opps to buy out though
    i think that you have the right idea with the under: you got a really good number and you are prepared to considering buying out if it immediately turns into a shoot-out. i would not be surprised to see Stoops have a decent gameplan that gives Manziel a little trouble at the outset. BOL to you however things play out.

TheSituation87

Can't believe how lucky I have gotten lately. I have yet to lose a pick this past week. That's betting on Soccer(which I never do),ncaab, and just recently college football.

Hit the o by half pt. Should have bet on the u73 as well. I can't complain though I have yet to lose out of 8 picks in 3 different sports. Let the luck train continue!!!""""

briedward
    briedward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3401

I think the reason why super high overs aren't hitting is because with these bowl games and the long period of rest, these high-powered offenses sputter in the first half as they get warmed up.

12 Last