BigBlue9
    BigBlue9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 164

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I doubt you see much of that in the NFL. First you have to have the right QB and most defenses can tackle in space one on one.
    look at what the pats are doing with the no huddle ... the winning teams in the league will all be doing alot more no huddle/fast pace in the next few years

nicktran808
    nicktran808's Avatar Become A Pro!

I doubt you see much of that in the NFL. First you have to have the right QB and most defenses can tackle in space one on one.
    Even with a good QB for the read-option/college style run-heavy offenses a la RG3, I feel like NFL defenses will adjust and shut it down within a season tops.

Wildcat wrecked the NFL for half a season, arguably 3/4 of a season before everyone team 1) gameplanned for it and 2) started doing it themselves, rendering it useless.

RG3 is successful because he's arguably the first person to successfully execute that kind of offense every Sunday, along with being athletic and smart enough to play the role. I'm predicting that teams will gameplan for it better now and will shut him down in the playoffs and next season (and on).

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

that last oregon TD I saw coming. Mariota was holding the ball, K-State no rush as usual, and I saw the back break out of the flat with no one near him. Split second later, Mariota sees it as well...

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

You have a valid point but the people who are shitting on Kelly's offense need to realze the Pats implemented a lot of his style. While Chip Kelly my not be successful in the NFL the Patriots based the tempo and a lot of how they run their offense thanks to Chip Kelly. Bill Bellichik actually paid him a consulting fee to help him with the offense and anybody who has watched NE this year can see the resemblance. The problem is Chip Kelly won't be going to a team with Tom Brady so there you are correct.

BigBlue9

Quote Originally Posted by nicktran808 View Post
    Even with a good QB for the read-option/college style run-heavy offenses a la RG3, I feel like NFL defenses will adjust and shut it down within a season tops.

Wildcat wrecked the NFL for half a season, arguably 3/4 of a season before everyone team 1) gameplanned for it and 2) started doing it themselves, rendering it useless.

RG3 is successful because he's arguably the first person to successfully execute that kind of offense every Sunday, along with being athletic and smart enough to play the role. I'm predicting that teams will gameplan for it better now and will shut him down in the playoffs and next season (and on).
    you dont need to run the read option to run a great no huddle. just having tempo and not letting the D set up or sub out is a great advantage.

JerseyRobby

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue9 View Post
    look at what the pats are doing with the no huddle ... the winning teams in the league will all be doing alot more no huddle/fast pace in the next few years
    You're wrong because the high tempo offense only is an advantage if you have the weapons to implement it. Most teams won't and running that style will be worse for them. You need an elite QB to do it and that style dosn't make sense for most teams. That's why Bellichick is a genius. The guy changes his team according to what they are strong and weak at. If Bill still had the great defenses that won him the Super Bowl he would not be running this system. He does it to protect his weak defense and to get his high powered offense as many possesions as possible.

Coming Back!
    Coming Back!'s Avatar Become A Pro!

You can't have QB's run around in the NFL.... These Defenders are monsters. RG3 already got a concussion and almost broke his leg, and is at about 80% now. How long before it's an ACL or another concussion. Doesn't work. Those NFL guys are the top 1% of college players, can't run around without getting stomped out eventually

Coming Back!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    You're wrong because the high tempo offense only is an advantage if you have the weapons to implement it. Most teams won't and running that style will be worse for them. You need an elite QB to do it and that style dosn't make sense for most teams. That's why Bellichick is a genius. The guy changes his team according to what they are strong and weak at. If Bill still had the great defenses that won him the Super Bowl he would not be running this system. He does it to protect his weak defense and to get his high powered offense as many possesions as possible.
    Bellicheck wasn't a genius in Cleveland. He's one of the best coaches of all time, but without Brady, forget it. Even the greatest coaches need a great QB

JerseyRobby

Quote Originally Posted by Coming Back! View Post
    Bellicheck wasn't a genius in Cleveland. He's one of the best coaches of all time, but without Brady, forget it. Even the greatest coaches need a great QB
    I dont even like Billichick but denying he's a great coach is stupidity. What did he do with Matt Cassell?

Coming Back!

I dont even like Billichick but denying he's a great coach is stupidity. What did he do with Matt Cassell?
    Did you read what I wrote? Read again please. What happened in Baltimore and 2 Super Bowls as hugggge Favorites, just saying

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

Why the hell did ESPN just show a promo for the Rose Bowl with Stanford and Wisconsin? Didn't they play already? WTH?

Coming Back!

Why the hell did ESPN just show a promo for the Rose Bowl with Stanford and Wisconsin? Didn't they play already? WTH?
    For next year- ha

Coming Back!

Hey Mac, you're on K-State? Anything for the half? I know you SEND IT IN like me

Mac4Lyfe

WTF Klein? You're playing like horseshit. Another horrible start to a half for KSU. Dammit.

Now a fukked up punt to boot. Who the hell are these kickers?

Mac4Lyfe

I didn't lay anything for the 2nd half but was leaning KSU +3. They were a pretty good 2nd half team this year... But so was Florida
    Hey Mac, you're on K-State? Anything for the half? I know you SEND IT IN like me

Coming Back!

Not to hijack the thread, but what's the feeling for the Oklahoma/ Texas A&M game??? I'm thinking Oklahoma, just becasue this Manziel crap is getting a little carried away

BigBlue9

Not to hijack the thread, but what's the feeling for the Oklahoma/ Texas A&M game??? I'm thinking Oklahoma, just becasue this Manziel crap is getting a little carried away
    i hate being on the side of the public but i think johnny football dominates in this game and i got a&m by a touchdown

Mac4Lyfe

I'm on KSU small but Large on the Under...

Thank God we have SEC refs tonight because that was a good hit. Fukkig B10 refs were calling penalties on hard hits. Bitches.

BigBlue9

PHEW! great run mariota

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

I never understood why coaches don't call more timeouts when their defense is getting driven on. Snyder should have used his timeouts during that drive at the end of the half to settle down his D

Frisco

Under all the way

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

thats why you dont punt fake going for a 4th and 1..gotta get your points....dumb coach

Mac4Lyfe

KSU doesn't know how to come out strong in games. Piss poor effort here. Too many missed tackles too.

JerseyRobby

Did you read what I wrote? Read again please. What happened in Baltimore and 2 Super Bowls as hugggge Favorites, just saying
    Did you read what I wrote? I actually emphasized how important QB's are and for some reason you brought up QB's.

Also are you retarded they were't huge favorites last year and Wes Welker was a catch away from winning that game. Second the reason they lost in the 17-0 season was partially because Brady played like shit. Brady also played like shit in the playoff game against the Jets a few years ago. People never blame Brady and while Bill shoulder some of the blame Brady is eqully culpable.
    Last edited by JerseyRobby; 01-03-13 at 09:43 PM.

BigBlue9

man he sailed two throws

PaperTrail07

I heard Manziel walks on water

PaperTrail07

K state TD here....new game...3 and out....blowout LOL

Coming Back!

Maldanado's long of the year- 32 yards. And 2nd of year. Gotta love the ducks!!!! If you lose, you lose. Can't bet against these maniacs

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I heard Manziel walks on water
    On his hands

Coming Back!

Did you read what I wrote? I actually emphasized how important QB's are and for some reason you brought up QB's.
    I guess we both aren't reading, who cares!!! Go Ducks!!! lol

Coming Back!

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    On his hands
    Yeah, "Johnny Football," all over twitter w Rolex watches and chicks. Fuk that noise. Oklahoma is going to kill him. Might take Oklahoma on the ML

PaperTrail07

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....drooooooooP

Mills
    Mills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4819

Gota love those Ducklette cheerleaders.

PaperTrail07

Look up american in the dictionary .....it says Manziel.....

Frisco

Yeah, "Johnny Football," all over twitter w Rolex watches and chicks. Fuk that noise. Oklahoma is going to kill him. Might take Oklahoma on the ML
    It's hard backing a team w/ Landry Jones on it. Really think Tony Jefferson, their safety, puts a few hits on Manziel

First 123456 ... Last