SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marc Lawrence: On Ole Miss Over Miss St

On Ole Miss Over Miss St

Game Time: 11/25/2006 4:00:00 PM
    By: Marc Lawrence
    Marc Lawrence's Playbook: Free and Guaranteed Picks

Got your ticket yet for this Saturday's Egg Bowl? If not, Marc Lawrence has your winning ticket with a nod for Ole Miss over Mississippi State.

The Egg Bowl is at stake in this in-state rivalry, and it most likely will be the last for Mississippi State head coach Sylvester Croom who is sitting on the hottest of seats in the college coaching world.

The Rebels of Ole Miss are 3-8 and have played some good games losing at Alabama in OT 26-23 and Saturday at LSU in OT 23-20. They have beaten Mississippi St four of the last five years, losing last season 35-14 in Starkville. This is also a key game for recruiting in the Delta and throughout the state.

Rebels head coach Ed Orgeron is an excellent coach coming out of the USC coaching ranks, and it will not be long before this school returns to the bowls, their last postseason trip coming in 2003. Ole Miss wins and covers in this Magnolia State War.

Play: Mississippi

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ole Miss might be the play, but it has nothing to do with coaching. Croom is a very good coach, isn't on the hot seat at all, and Oregeron is clueless.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Mississippi St. in this game myself.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I happen to like Ole Miss in this game.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

slight lean to MSU but there are so many other games to bet...GL...