bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone else ready for Alabama to curb stomp the Irish?

Pretty big play for me, $10 bucks :rolls eyes: anyone else cant wait?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

You should have just said 10x.

That's what everyone else does.

bleek88

The 7th cant come sooner!

bleek88

bump

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

I have $500 on -10 and feel good about it... I really don't see this being 2 close, but that's just me. If I wasn't a huge Bama fan and Saban bowl fan I doubt I would take this bet. Mostly it's for fun.... my big bets are lsu - 4 and florida -13

Bigh2001
    Bigh2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1458

People have been saying this about ND all year. Giving 10 to that defense is gonna bury a lot of people.

bleek88

Bama is going to close line them.

eeezzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Bigh2001 View Post
    People have been saying this about ND all year. Giving 10 to that defense is gonna bury a lot of people.
    They have a similar team as Bama with alot less depth. Simple answer is they don't match up well against BAMA or any1 in the SEC for that matter. I believe they would beat Oregon and Kansas state or possibly even Texas AM, but not teams that match up in the defensive categories with better offenses.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

I'm not an Irish fan but Bama isn't good enough to beat them consistently by 10+ so I'll take the points. Any given game they may blow them out but Irish have the D to keep it around 7-10.

Pickem2win
    Pickem2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4912

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw74 View Post
    I'm not an Irish fan but Bama isn't good enough to beat them consistently by 10+ so I'll take the points. Any given game they may blow them out but Irish have the D to keep it around 7-10.
    Bama doesnt have to consistently beat them! Lol! They only need to beat them once and that team is LOADED with talent. They have ONE loss to Texas A&M and Saben has had a full month to prepare for this game. I think this game will stay close in the 1H but Bama will pull away in the 2H. I think Alabama will win by at least 14 (24-10).

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Fade

MrBig33
    MrBig33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 997

Quote Originally Posted by eeezzzz View Post
    They have a similar team as Bama with alot less depth. Simple answer is they don't match up well against BAMA or any1 in the SEC for that matter. I believe they would beat Oregon and Kansas state or possibly even Texas AM, but not teams that match up in the defensive categories with better offenses.

Said if before...Diaco will have the troops ready. This game will be much closer than people think....

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

The 2 most overhyped teams in college football. Flip a coin....

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by MrBig33 View Post
    Said if before...Diaco will have the troops ready. This game will be much closer than people think....
    Agreed

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Ive got Notre Dame +16 to finish out a 4,000 teaser ive been counting on getting the payoff on. Is that safe?

RG3
    RG3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 411

Quote Originally Posted by Bdolan33 View Post
    Ive got Notre Dame +16 to finish out a 4,000 teaser ive been counting on getting the payoff on. Is that safe?
    bet some on bama -10 and hope for a bama 14 pt victory

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Quote Originally Posted by Pickem2win View Post
    Bama doesnt have to consistently beat them! Lol! They only need to beat them once and that team is LOADED with talent. They have ONE loss to Texas A&M and Saben has had a full month to prepare for this game. I think this game will stay close in the 1H but Bama will pull away in the 2H. I think Alabama will win by at least 14 (24-10).
    I know everyone loves Saban and he is a great coach, but don't under estimate Brian Kelly and Chuck Martin. These guys are winners Everywhere they go the win. Combined they won 4 division 2 championships in 5 year with 3 of those seasons going undefeated. You can say what you want about D2 and I get it I know it's just D2, but these guys are both great coaches they will have Notre Dame ready to compete.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Isn't this your 2nd "curb stomp" thread?

Bama is a 1 loss team, with a last second win against LSU and a clock management win against Georgia in the SEC championship game.
    Throw in 3 div 2 teams and a win against Florida Atlantic and it all adds up to an un-impressive resume with very few quality wins

I'm looking at the Oklahoma game as a blueprint for the Irish, pressure on the QB, clean game with minimal penalties, playing field position and keep the game close

I see Bama having issue's keeping Golsen contained and ND moving the chains with a solid ground game.

IF Bama pulls this game out, its going to be by pounding the ball and wearing down the ND Defense going into the 4th quarter.

Notre Dame is going to have to put up a few points in the 1st half and create some 3 and outs and get off the field early

In any event I don't see a "curb stomp" by any means, Bama may win but its going to be close, 10 is a gift based on perception of Alabama's prowess, because its certainly not based on record, stats, or match-ups

Everyone's talking about the magic of Sabian but Kelly is every bit as dangerous given time to prepare. He's won everywhere he's been, already had a 13-0 season with Cincinnati and got a pre-season unranked team to the national title game.
    He out coached Stoops, kept his team focused to beat every team on the schedule, won on the road at Oklahoma and USC. Hell Notre Dame started their season in Ireland

Nope, don't see a curb stomping here, probably more of a blind lust some SEC fans have more then a statement based in facts or stats

Winning oasis
    Winning oasis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7651

Quote Originally Posted by bigdofba View Post
    you should have just said 10x.

That's what everyone else does.

lmao. True!

eeezzzz

Cincinnati '09 undefeated team didn't turn out so well in the BCS bowl

BeantownBlue