joemfbishop
    Update your status
    joemfbishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

wvu-syracuse.... no brainer

As of this post the over under sits at 70 . On a regular day i would take the over but right now im looking at 4 inches of snow in my yard and live 20 mins away from yankee stadium where they are playing. The snow is forcast to go all night.

My pick wvu-syr. Under 70.0

Never a lock but some insight for your picks
    Weather can play the difference here.

GOOD LUCK

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

They said this on the radio too...that there was a few inches of snow on the ground. I hate taking the under when WV is playing but I rolled the dice here. Hopefully the weather does make the difference...

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I think people overrate the effects of snow on a game.

Remember that Patriot/Titan game a few years ago? It was like a blizzard and the total went over in the first half as New England scored liked 50.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Lou holtz made a good point about recievers knowing the route and defender not being able to stop and have good footing to adjust to the route.

could be a lot of long td's. unless they plan a prevent defense and then the ball will be run.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

So you took the over? I agree it might be overstated but I think 71 points is a lot to score in normal weather. Add the unpredictability of playing in snow, which you never do, and you might get a 30-27 type game. WV sucks on defense and has a good offense but I think this game ends in the 50s...

Giroux
    Giroux's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7412

Over for me. They will plow the field and the snow will stop by half I believe.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I actually thought this total should have been closer to 80...maybe like 77???

I think the weather was already factored in before today.

The fact that the total has dropped a little is just a reaction from people betting the under because of snow. If you think the game will be in the 50s why is the total still hovering around 70?

joemfbishop
    Update your status

Ya never know.. nothings a lock but its cold and nasty out here... just giving the bettors of sbr a little insight to a game

Jackie Moon
    Jackie Moon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I loaded up on this and in the first quarter O/U

joemfbishop
    Update your status

12-7 syracyse end of 1st half....... hope your on the right side. Me, i gotta pray for lesss than 51 pts for 2nd qtr.