pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags' Plays

Hello Board,

Here are my plays for the week:

Maryland +7

This team continues to play great football and isn't getting much respect from the public. Ralph Friedgen has these guys contending for the ACC crown and they should give a great effort vs. B.C. this Saturday. QB Sam Hollenbach has big play capability, but also knows how to move the chains. They have three good RB's in Ball, Lattimore and Allen. WR Oquendo is the best of their receiving corp. Maryland plays a bend but not break style of defense that stiffens up inside the 20. Look for them to put pressure on B.C. QB Matt Ryan, who's still having some mobility issues. Maryland should contain B.C.'s running game. This one should be a good one well into the fourth quarter.

Michigan +7

The one performance from this team that continues to stand out in my mind was their victory vs. Notre Dame. If they can bring that same type of intensity on Saturday, I expect Michigan to be extremely competitive in this one. D Coordinator Ron English has done an excellent job with his schemes this year, and they should have a couple of more wrinkles to throw at Troy Smith and Ohio St. I usually don't like taking Lloyd Carr coached teams as favorites, but he does a lot better in the underdog role. Look for Steve Breaston to have a good performance in both the return and receiving game, as I think Ohio St.'s focus will be on containing Manningham. Mike Hart will need to run hard like he always does and Henne will need to make good decisions managing the game.

Indiana +12.5

Indiana seems to really struggle vs. teams more talented than them that can pound the football (Michigan, Ohio St., Wisconsin). However, against teams with around equal talent level to them, they seem to do very well. Coach Terry Hoeppner will have his team ready to play come Saturday, as bowl eligibility is on the line. Purdue and Indiana are two very similar teams, both score a lot of points and both give up a lot of points. This one should be a shootout. Look for WR James Hardy to have a big day in this one.

Kansas -1

I was as happy as anyone to see Kansas St. play as well as they did last Saturday. However, Kansas comes into this game with two weeks to prepare and is in desperate need of a sixth win to become bowl eligible. I saw some weaknesses last week in Kansas St., namely in their punting game, that Kansas should be able to exploit. It is also going to hurt that WR/ KR Figurs probably won't play for K. State this week due to a concussion he suffered last week vs. Texas. RB John Cornish continues to be a workhorse and look for Kansas to pound it with him and set up play action. The Kansas run defense is stout and they will try and make QB Freeman beat them.

Mississippi St. +14.5

Mississippi St. comes into this game with two weeks to prepare and has really been playing better football of late. They've found an offense with QB Hennig and their run defense has been serviceable. This is a tough spot for Arkansas as both FB Peyton Hillis and WR Marcus Monk come into this one banged up. With LSU on deck, I think their focus will be on staying healthy and getting out of Starksville with a win. Head coach Croom may not be the greatest, but his teams always play hard. That will play a big role in this one.

GLTA

pags11
    Last edited by pags11; 11-17-06 at 03:31 PM.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

pags, do you have an opinion on the Michigan State/Penn State game? I really like the Spartans and wanted your feedback.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whats your thoughts on the Iron bowl pags?

BOL to you this week bro

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    pags, do you have an opinion on the Michigan State/Penn State game? I really like the Spartans and wanted your feedback.
    Illusion I like the Spartans too. Tell me what you think about it man.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Im liking Kansas as well, Pags. The other games, I have nothing on or against you there. Good luck tomorrow.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks onlooker...GL to you as well...