bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks Like Bowden will step down

Bobby Bowden won't have to fire his son after all. Because his son just said he will be quitting. Now maybe FSU will be back on track next year.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

heres the whole story on this one.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida State offensive coordinator Jeff Bowden resigned Tuesday, just three days after the Seminoles were shut out for the first time in 233 games.

His resignation will be effective at the end of this season, athletic director David Hart Jr. said.

Bowden, the youngest son of Florida State coach Bobby Bowden, replaced current Georgia coach Mark Richt as the Seminoles` offensive coordinator in 2001.

Florida State (5-5, 3-5 Atlantic Coast Conference) has its homecoming game Saturday against Western Michigan followed by the season finale on Nov. 25 against rival Florida.

The Seminoles are 16-point favorites for their homecoming.

Bobby Bowden has stood by his son`s performance as offensive coordinator despite a notable decline in scoring and yardage gained in the past half dozen seasons.

At his booster luncheon Monday, Bowden said he decided a couple of weeks ago to quit responding to critics seeking his son`s ouster. The 77-year-old Bowden said he had reached the point where he was upset enough to punch somebody over the criticism his son was taking.

The school had skirted a nepotism policy by having the younger Bowden report to another coach on the staff other than his father.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

it's unfortunate, but it's definitely necessary...

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think next year's FSU team is going to be like this year's Michigan team. A team with a proud history that had an awful year, but is returning loads of talent and is sick of hearing how bad they are.

Noles2006
    Noles2006's Avatar Become A Pro!

I feel for the Bowden family for having to go through all of this mess... but I am thankful for Jeff stepping down.