SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Greg Daraban: Irish Big Over Army

Irish Big Over Army

Game Time: 11/18/2006 2:30:00 PM

By: Greg Daraban
    http://www.playbook.com

Notre Dame plays their third service academy this Saturday when Army visits South Bend. With a possible shot at the BCS title game on the line, expect the Irish to win big.

The Cadets visit South Bend on this fall afternoon in Indiana, the last of the three service academies on Notre Dame's slate for the season. And the Irish have spanked both Navy (38-14) in Baltimore and Air Force (39-17) in Colorado Springs.

Just two weeks ago, Air Force beat this Army team 43-7, with the Flyboys leading 43-0 at half. Not wanting to embarrass their brother school, the Falcons called
    the dogs off in the second half. Notre Dame is not in that position with the BCS games up for grabs, including a possible spot in the national championship game. ND will need to smash the Black Knights of the Hudson to have a chot at that game.

Irish QB Brady Quinn will have a Heisman like day throwing to pal WR Jeff Samardzija. The last time ND lost to Army? You have to go all the way back to 1958. They are laying a big number, and have rival USC next week out in Los Angeles. But Notre Dame will not have any problem getting 50 points in this one.

Play: Notre Dame -32

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm actually liking Army in this game myself. I think Bobby Ross will have his team sky high for this one...

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

I disagree about the "calling the dogs off." Weis doesn't seem to be a "run it up" kind of coach. I worry he plays some second stringers here and keeps starters healthy for USC game. No play.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    I'm actually liking Army in this game myself. I think Bobby Ross will have his team sky high for this one...
    Dan,

Playing Devil's Advocate here: Don't you figure Ross had them sky high for Air Force, too? And that didn't work out too well. Army has a freshman QB who is making a ton of mistakes. They turn the ball over a ton.

32 is a lot of points and I'm not saying the Irish will cover, but being sky high with the talent deficit the Black Knights of the Hudson are facing may not be enough to get it done.

Doc JS

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

maybe...but in a time of war no way Weiss runs up the score...maybe in a time of peace but not with the war going on.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear
    maybe...but in a time of war no way Weiss runs up the score...maybe in a time of peace but not with the war going on.
    Hmm...understandable but I don't know if that is something Weis cares about at all. He wants a championship.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear
    BB,

I think Weiss is a LOT more concerned about the Irish getting in a National Championship game than he is the war in Iraq. And if he thinks he can gain an edge with the voters by hanging half a hundered on Army, he'll do it in a heatbeat.

Just my opinion...

Doc JS

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Notre Dame could use some style points, but I think Army covers this one.

Philavanh
    Philavanh's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like ND in this one, even with ND 2nd string in I say they can still put up 18-21 pts easy against Army D. But by than ND should be up by 30 something pts already. I say ND blows out Army early than cruise to victory with their 2nd string.