SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tony George: Temple +31 at Penn St

Temple +31 at Penn St

Game Time: 11/11/2006 3:30:00 PM

By: Tony George
    http://www.phoenixsports.com

With Joe Paterno sitting this one out, don't expect Penn State to cover the big spread this Saturday versus Temple.

A team that averages 20 points per game laying 36 points? Granted it is Temple, but 36 points is a ton!

Joe Pa sits this one out, the first game since 1977 that Paterno does not take the sideline for Penn State. With a breezer of a game here for the Lions, look for Joe Pa to tell his staff to lighten it up against a former Nittany Lion player Al GOlden now on the job as coach for hapless Temple.

Look for Penn St. to get out of the gate early, and then coast. Grab the points with Temple here, a 31-7 type ballgame, Owls have coverd three straight.

Play: Temple +31

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd take a shot with Temple +36

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Spread has shifted downward since JoPa has been deactivated.

I think not having Paterno coaching is a plus plus where Penn State will have a better chance of covering this gigantic spread.Paterno is a coach in symbol only just like Lou Holtz and Dick Vermiel were.All these guys just became motivational cheerleaders letting the coordinators and assistants cary the load.They probably gave Paterno a coloring book,crayons and some Gerber's peach cobbler baby food and told him to talk through a headset that wasn't plugged in or else hooked up to Sesame Street recordings.Why do you think he broke his leg?It was because he was cutting out paper dolls and wasn't paying attention to what was going on on the field.The guy that hit him would have gotten out of the way of Paterno but he slipped on Paterno's used Depends under garment.Didn't you see the replay where some off color brown matter went squirting up right before contact was made?A couple days ago when Paterno was saying he was going to be there,the spread was 34 1/2.In my opinion the spread should have gone to Penn State -36 1/2 because he's not going to be there.His absence will be the motivation for his team kicking ass on Temple.Penn State will be so charged up to get Paterno a get well present win it's not even funny.The team probably thinks Paterno will be dead in a couple days.Hell,they would probably beat Ohio state under these circumstances let alone impotent Temple.

Only bad weather could stand in the way of Penn State running up the score.
    Last edited by BrentCrude; 11-10-06 at 02:03 PM.

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

betting on Temple? You serious Clark? wow, there are better games on the card this weekend in my opinion.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

I think this Tony George stole the exact score of the Younstown/PSU game. Either way Penn State's offense sucks, so that is still way too many points.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gl...

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

+31?????

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

in case anyone missed the final score, it was 47-0 Penn St.
    I personally would never take Temple with your money. I don't care if the spread is +50. They are terrible, unpredictable, and fold quicker than your lawn chair. Best of luck next week.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Just a pitiful team. I still cant believe they won a game this year. Just terrible.

Nitrofrog
    Nitrofrog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like you must be winning with all this insight...
    oh what is it 44-0, nice call.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Just a pitiful team. I still cant believe they won a game this year. Just terrible.
    I still can't believe they are even a division 1 school.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    I still can't believe they are even a division 1 school.
    Well some of the so called powerhouses need teams like this to beat up on to pad their records.