Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Razz...Tell us about Louisville/Rutgers

Razz,

You were all over Louisville/West Va. last week. How do you see this Thursday's match-up between Louisville/Rutgers?

Thanks,

Doc JS

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I honestly think this is a game where people are outsmarting themsleves and taking the vastly inferior team because they are at home getting points. Normally I would love Rutgers in this situation, but since they are 8-0, I don't see how Louisville isn't focused for this - plus, if you look at Brohm's comments three minutes after the game, he was already talking about Rutgers.
    If Ray Rice isn't 100%, which I don't think he is, then Rutgers won't have much of a chance. Leonard is servicable, but QB Teel is basically a disaster. Remember, even though WVU's rushing game looked great against Louisville, that is a different kind of running game, featuring QB White. Rutgers has a more conventional running game, and Louisville was in the top 10 in rush defense before last week, so they know how to stop that type of attack.
    Brohm should have a pretty good day against a Rutgers defense that hasn't faced a passing game anywhere close to what they will face Thursday. I don't think the Cards stable of backs will have a huge day - unless Rutgers plays in the nickel all night - but they will at least move the ball with some success.
    The crowd is going to be fired up, but I just don't see Rutgers having the same homefield advantage Louisville does. Rutgers does have the special teams advantage, and Louisville hasn't been very good on the road lately (3-7 ATS last 10), but that's almost grasping at straws for an angle to play the Scarlet Knights.
    Last year the score was 56-5, and the total yardage was 500-187 (Rut had only 9 first downs, and it was their lowest yardage output by over 100 yards). This year's Louisville defense is better against the run, and while Rutgers has improved, that's an awful lot of improvement Schiano would have had to make in one year.
    I think the only legitimate play is under. Louisville's defense is much better than it showed last week, and with respect to Leonard/Rice, that's a major dropoff from Slaton/White. Rutgers has virtually no passing game, and I'd again expect 'da Ville to load the box and at least contain the running game. And, while Rutgers hasn't really played a balanced offense, and certainly no one of Louisville's caliber, they have only given up 7 touchdowns in 8 games, so that has to be respected.
    My guess: Louisville 27, Rutgers 17

KROTCHECK
    KROTCHECK's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have Louisville big.......I dont know why but I think this is gonna be a blow out game......did anyone see Rutgers vs. Connecticut last week ???? Rutgers looked terrible in that game.......

If you check Rutgers schedule so far and who they beat its not that imprsssive !!!!!!!!!

On the other hand Louisville only had 2 wins aginst ranked teams when their starting qb and rb were out I think......this team can force alot of TO's

I think Louisville is gonna watch the tape of the last rutgers game cus they could not run the football

I love Louisville big in this one

My Prediction Louisville 30, Rutgers 13 Under 51 pts

I think it might be a game in the 1st half but than after that when Louisville gets a lead it will get ugly real quick cus rutgers can not pass !
    Last edited by KROTCHECK; 11-08-06 at 12:25 AM.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You guys sure are making the Cards look good in here...

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Louisville -6.5
    I think that the Cardinals cover easily in this game. As Razz said, Brohm was talking about getting focused on Rutgers just minutes after the WVU game was over. I look for Louisville to come out and continue to dominate offensively. Also, they won't be facing a quaterback or running back near as good as Pat White and Steve Slaton. Lousville is definitely the play here. They have the national title game in their sites.

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

Louisville BIG the RU QB is a disaster and it catches up with them in this game

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by BigD
    Louisville BIG the RU QB is a disaster and it catches up with them in this game
    And as Razz said I don't think RU's stud running back is at 100%.

Doc JS

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

louisville's run D vs west virginia look horrid, absolutely division III

but west virginia does that to almost everyone

of course louisville made west virginia's pass D look almost as bad

i'm taking rutgers so the smart money is prolly on the cards

Aces
    Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Loisville -6.5 is my play as well GL everyone get on it early this lines at 7 and it could be 8 by game time.

freeneasy
    freeneasy's Avatar Become A Pro!

my numbers give me louisville to win by 10.60 to 17.90 points

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

doc bob had rutgers as one of his best bets, the line went nuts like it was penetrating xmas, so i couldn't resist picking up louisville -5.5 . Hope the cards can win by 6 or more for me...Gonna be a big game that much is fo sure

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

on rutgers at +7. Bought the 1/2 pt. Dont see how UL D is any good at all.

Aces
    Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Dr Bob missed last Thursday and he's going to miss again tonight.

ivyconniver
    ivyconniver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

I got on Loui -7 earlier in the week, still confident in it

KROTCHECK
    KROTCHECK's Avatar Become A Pro!

So fas Razz we look good but its only 1st qtr

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

No way in hell this game should have gone over. That Rutgers defense is SEC caliber. Nice call by the Rutgers guys.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks razz...

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

thanks razz...