imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Illinois -2 EARLY THOUGHTS?

Illinois looks solid to me... They play as hard as anyone.. Why not?

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

I agree.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

this is one of my bigger plays on sat,i bet early and layed the two before the line moved.looking at the records Illinois should be a dog yet the linesmaker posted them as a slight favorite.My feeling was that the linemaker ts trying to tell us something so i,m willing to take a risk in this spot

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

I have that one down to keep a eye on. Im leaning toward Illinois. Maybe we can get some Purdue backers to help that line out for us. I see its up to -3.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I don't know if Illini is going to win. But I will tell you they are alot better than their 2-8 record...

Lowlife***Theif
    Lowlife***Theif's Avatar Become A Pro!

Purdue wins outright by 7 or more. Line is in ILL favor because of rivalry and HFA. However, ILL FR QB may not play with a busted up jaw and the backup is not as good and the average starter. ILL played their Super Bowl last week and lost and with nothing left to play for this season the hangover should be lingering as they pack it in. Purdue can clinch a bowl berth with the win, 9th in 10 years.

Purdue:
    4-1 ATS on the road
    2-3 as the dog

ILL:
    2-3 at home ATS
    2-3 as the fav

Big $$$ on Purdue with the points.

Lowlife***Theif

Purdue should be a 3 to 3.5 fav

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

illinois favored agaisnt any team other than a high school club, scares me frankly.

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

i remember when they were favored against indiana. they got it taken to them that day.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm thinking the over 46 is the better way to go in this game.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's not very often you get to lay this short a number with the clearly better team, and it's simply because both teams have misleading records. Purdue's defense is the worst in the Big 10, and they haven't been able to score recently (not a good combination). Purdue only has 20 points its last three games, and they have been held under 100 total rushing yards four weeks in a row.
    Everyone thinks Purdue is good offensively because of what they did early in the year, but that was against terrible defenses. The Boilers have eclipsed 17 points only once in five Big 10 games, and they face a very good Illinois defense here.
    The line opened 1.5 (or at least that's what I took at about 5:30 Sunday night) and is up to 3 even though the public is all over Purdue. That says a lot.

Lowlife***Theif

Razz, thanks. Here is more info:

Purdue enters Saturday's game ranked fifth in the nation in passing offense (294.7 ypg) behind the arm of Curtis Painter. Last week, Painter led his team to victory by completing 21-of-30 passes for 286 yards and two touchdowns. Dorien Bryant caught both touchdown passes, finishing the day with seven catches for 96 yards. In the backfield, Kory Sheets ran for only 64 yards, but did so with an average of 4.9 ypc.

ILL: 3-7 ATS L10 as Fav
    Last edited by Lowlife***Theif; 11-09-06 at 12:41 PM.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlife***Theif
    Razz, thanks. Here is more info:

Purdue enters Saturday's game ranked fifth in the nation in passing offense (294.7 ypg) behind the arm of Curtis Painter. Last week, Painter led his team to victory by completing 21-of-30 passes for 286 yards and two touchdowns. Dorien Bryant caught both touchdown passes, finishing the day with seven catches for 96 yards. In the backfield, Kory Sheets ran for only 64 yards, but did so with an average of 4.9 ypc.
    I'm a big fan of Painter - I think he's their best QB since Brees - but without any running game, I just don't think he can beat Illinois by himself.

Lowlife***Theif

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    I'm thinking the over 46 is the better way to go in this game.
    Under is 8-1 in PURD last 9 games as an underdog.
    Under is 21-6 in PURD last 27 conference games.
    Under is 9-3 in PURD last 12 games in November.

Under is 7-2 in ILL last 9 conference games.
    Under is 9-3 in ILL last 12 games overall.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL guys...

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Ill should hammer them.....Ill is w/o a shadow of a doubt the better team here.

Anyone see Purdue play recently, they are god awful. Everything Razz said is dead on.....I know he and I are both on Ill tomorrow.

Lowlife***Theif

Purdue

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

you actually watch the game lowlife? Illinois gave them a gift win...unreal they were dominating and couldn't hold on to the ball.....

Lowlife***Theif

Sure did watch that ugly mess. Almost posted a "good call" to guys and then watched Purdue come back.