No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Virginia on Thursday?

Cavs are +3.5 vs. North Carolina.

UVA coming off a huge, emotional-rollercoaster win over Miami Saturday. Tar Heels got pumped at home by Georgia Tech. Normally I'd love the home dog on a weeknight, but not really sure given what happened just five days ago to both teams.

Thoughts?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

If you watched their last game vs Miami, then there would be a 0% chance you would lay a dollar on them

Virginia failed to make one tackle B4 Miami passed the goal-line. Then the end was a classic rig job. The ole "call the phantom PI on fourth down against the road team". So cowardly

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

NC

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Virginia is 1-9 ats. I don't punch much stock in stuff like this but this is not good by my calculations. Pass for me.

WAHOOS
    WAHOOS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1632

Yes, UVA has one of the worst ATS records, and yes they have made me a decent stash by betting against them, however I like UVA to roll in this one.

Last 2 weeks: We've seen UVA improve on offense and on defense since the bye week. UNC, however, got stomped at their own homecoming by GT. UNC can't even play in the ACC championship and I find it hard for them to rally mentally. UVA on the other hand needs 2 more wins for bowl eligibility. While I often doubt Mike London's ability as a coach, he is the best at two things: recruiting and rallying up the troops. UVA will fight tonight.

History: Obviously doesn't matter very much, but UNC was 0-14 SU at UVA from 1983 to 2010. Call it a curse, call it an emotional factor, but there is no doubt UVA gets pumped up for UNC games, and it will definitely get pumped up for a Thursday ESPN night game.

By no means a lock, but I see high value in UVA +3.5 and ML. Smaller value in the over as both teams can score a lot of points. My projection: UNC 31 UVA 34.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    If you watched their last game vs Miami, then there would be a 0% chance you would lay a dollar on them

Virginia failed to make one tackle B4 Miami passed the goal-line. Then the end was a classic rig job. The ole "call the phantom PI on fourth down against the road team". So cowardly
    UNC is impossible to put money on too... especially when they're laying points. I'd play the over

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

UNC fan here. I would of and almost did take GT last week. Tonight, lay your money on the boys in blue and white.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    UNC is impossible to put money on too... especially when they're laying points. I'd play the over
    Last week's performance vs. GT was really hard to fathom. Incredible how bad they can be.

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

GT has UNC's number. It doesn't matter than GT is having an "off" year. Virginia has no chance tonight against the Heels. Tar Heels and the over are my thoughts.