KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Book refusing to grade prop correctly from BG/Ohio U game

I made the following post in player's talk, where I should have realized it would be ignored:

Did Bowling Green TE Alex Bayer play against Ohio University Nov. 7th? I had an under prop on him which was graded no action because the book says he didn't play.

I can't find him on any injury reports. On a site dedicated to CFB stats they list him as having played in all 10 games. I also see him listed as having played in all 10 games on the Bowling Green athletic department site. This link not only lists him in the "final participation report" but also shows him as a starter for the game:

http://www.ohiobobcats.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2012-2013/game10.html

The book is just saying "our information shows he didn't play". Of course they didn't provide me with that "information".

I guess I already have the proof. But I just want to make sure that these websites are correct. Did he play in that game? It was the Wednesday night game. Someone has to know this.

KGambler

They still won't grade the prop correctly. They say their source is ESPN.com (lol). They don't get any more specific.

At this point I have provided them game video (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/video?gameId=323120195) from ESPN showing #82 playing. The video from 3Q, 13:00 shows him clearly. And a link from the Ohio U athletic dept. website showing him in the "Final Participation Report" for the game. And a link from the Bowling Green athletic dept. website showing him as having played in all 10 games.

I guess if they still refuse I will have to file a complaint with SBR.

Any Bowling Green fans here? I will give 30 pts. if you can show me an article or something showing he played.
    Last edited by KGambler; 11-14-12 at 10:37 AM.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

If you have ESPN3 you can watch a full replay of the game in its entirity. They list all starters on both sides of the ball with pictures because it was a nationally televised game. If he started you'll see his name and photo...take a screen shot and send it to the book. If not SBR should take care of it
    Points Awarded:

KGambler gave GoBlue23 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

KGambler gave GoBlue23 18 SBR Point(s) for this post.

KGambler

Thank you.

They do introduce him and show him playing. I owe you 18 pts.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

he played, he is clearly visible on the second play of the game

bane
    bane's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let us know how everything is resolved? This book sounds like a mess.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Hope everything works out dude. If they won't even admit they're wrong after video evidence, I suggest you find a new book. If a book isn't honest, there's nothing else that can make up for it.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate

No problem. Keep us posted on the book and how everything plays out. If they don't pay up you may be able to save a few ppl from depositing there

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I looked at this last night KGambler and I think it was ESPN that listed him with "no stats" in that game. So maybe he didn't accomplish much I guess and that's what they were basing it on? But if you have video evidence or whatever else, please fill out a Complaint Form if they still give you a hard time. Doesn't matter if he got a TD or whatever obviously... if he played your bet should be graded.

KGambler

Incredibly, even after I sent them video evidence, they came back with this:

"it has been reviewed and there's no indication on those videos that number "82" played on that game, you check them yourself and you won't see it on the field, it could be possible that he was on the participation list but that doesn't mean that he played the game, he could've been there in the stadium on the bench but that wouldn't count. We will proceed to paste our rules on grading wagers directly from our site, we will not be able to help you out with this issue."

I even made it easy for them by telling them he first appears in minute 18:00 of the ESPN full game replay. He's a highlighted "player to watch" and they show him lining up as TE and then they run a play. Obviously they didn't even bother to watch.

Thanks everyone for the input. I will keep you posted. I expect this to eventually get cleared up. I have heard it is not wise to name a book publicly when you open a complaint, and in the past that has been my own experience. So I'd rather not name the book at this point. It is an A rated book. Overall, I do believe they deserve that rating. I am a happy customer and have been for a while. But their prop department is indeed a mess.

Shari, thanks for the link. I will fill out a complaint as soon as I get a chance.
    Points Awarded:

SlickRick1382 gave KGambler 18 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Wow, I would like to know which book. Could you PM me maybe??? An A rated book not grading a wager when you send them a VIDEO of that player playing????!!!! This book needs to be exposed man. They sound horrible. Doesn't matter how they were in the "past", that right there is 100% complete stealing! And NO book who steals money should be "A" rated IMO!!!! If you PM me, thanks. If not, cool. BOL in dealing with these MORONS!

GoBlue23
    Penetrate

Lol good luck man. Sounds like 5dimes/Tony to the T

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Which shit book Is this?

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    They still won't grade the prop correctly. They say their source is ESPN.com (lol).

Obviously, that's not possible. ESPN.com doesn't provide that kind of information. It sounds like they're saying if a guy doesn't make a catch he didn't play.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Shipped you over the 18 points you needed to pay off the gentlemen for his video evidence

Good Luck, hope you get this resolved
    Points Awarded:

KGambler gave SlickRick1382 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

KGambler gave SlickRick1382 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol, he could be sitting in a bench in the stadium.... dude's on the field blocking on video.... nice
    5 dollars they say they can't tell if it's really him or somebody wearing his stuff

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

Unreal. I remember I had a player prop issue, where a book listed Willie Paker for a bunch of props and I hammered under on them all. He played one snap as he was at the end of his career and it only took a day to figure out as people sent in videos and pictures. Hope yours gets resolved soon.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    Obviously, that's not possible. ESPN.com doesn't provide that kind of information. It sounds like they're saying if a guy doesn't make a catch he didn't play.
    Yeah, I tried to explain to them that just because a guy has no stats, doesn't mean he didn't play.

Rick, thanks for the pts. I will get you back.

I have submitted a complaint, so I expect this to get cleared up. It's a pretty clear cut case and the book in question is actually a great book (overall).

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

standard hustle

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue23 View Post
    Lol good luck man. Sounds like 5dimes/Tony to the T
    bingo. what a douchey joke Tony is.

would love to know someone who took the prop over, as i'm positive they graded that as a loss. this isn't his classic free-roll move. it's good to know that he hasn't lost his creativity.

KGambler

It's not 5Dimes.

M.W.

Glad to hear that.

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanStallion View Post
    Unreal. I remember I had a player prop issue, where a book listed Willie Paker for a bunch of props and I hammered under on them all. He played one snap as he was at the end of his career and it only took a day to figure out as people sent in videos and pictures. Hope yours gets resolved soon.
    I remember back in 99 and 2000, books didn't specify that the player had to play. I made a lot of money on Brett Hull unders when I knew he was going to be out.

KGambler

Update:

SBR contacted the book. The book looked into it, realized their mistake, apologized for the inconvenience and fixed the grading of the wager.

Thank you SBR.

Thanks to all who helped.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SlickRick1382, and BIoodhound

M.W.

Good for you. Good luck in the future. Hope they don't try to screw you again.