bane
    bane's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ohio v Ball State

MAC fans, please explain to me why Ball State is the favorite?

The Toledo upset week 11? I expected Ball State to be a 3 pt dog.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

These two teams going in opposite directions. Ball State has looked great since losing in a close game to NIU (which they were winning until 5 mins of the 4Q) posting 4 straight victories (SU and ATS). Ohio looks to be getting too much credit for beating Penn state in their opening game. In the 2nd half of the season, Ohio has had some terrible teams play them close (like UMass) and have been beaten by some bad teams (Miami OH and BGSU, although BGSU have looked pretty good recently too). Might just be luck or an indicator that they are getting worse. Ball St is 6-2 ATS and Ohio is 2-6 ATS.

It looks like Ball St is the slightly better team and with home field, they are rightly -3 at least.
    Points Awarded:

bane gave turbozed 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

cuz ohio wins

bane

Great explanation turbozed, thanks! drfunkmaster, I see you're going w/ the "It's A Trap!" theory.

SportsMozart
    SportsMozart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bane View Post
    MAC fans, please explain to me why Ball State is the favorite?

The Toledo upset week 11? I expected Ball State to be a 3 pt dog.
    It is the other way around. I was wondering why the line is so low? Ball st at home against Ohio. The line should be -7. Ohio lost to Miami OH and it struggled both with Buffalo and even U Mass. They have been slowing down quite a bit Ball st did beat Toledo yes, but in general they are right about Kent st caliber team and both of them are better than Ohio right now. Ken st easily handled Miami Ohio on the road last weekend ( though all the fukking experts were warning that they gonna lose) ... Ball st will win this one by 10

I looked the lines for this week, this one looked like the easiest one to beat. All the logic and numbers here really are on Ball st. side. Take a look at recent games and stats. Though we all thought that SF is gonna beat St.Louis easily at home yesterday and result was 24:24 tie with Rams dominating the game... Still here I say Ball st will win and cover. By kickoff this line will be about -5. I would lay a dime on Ball st -3 right now buying the hook.
    Last edited by SportsMozart; 11-12-12 at 03:55 AM.

surffreak
    surffreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

This game i can see ball state being the favorite. BG just spanked Ohio. Ohio couldnt do anything. While ball state just beat a ranked #25 toledo.

Makes sense to me....

What doesnt make sense or what i dont understand is how kent state #25 is getting +3 points when we play them at home...

TR35
    TR35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Offenses are evenly matched. Ohio has big edge defensively. OU is sputtering right now. Crucial mistakes the last two weeks have cost them. I don't like -5 so i will probably tease Ball St and the over.

bane

Line moved from -3.5 to -6 at my book. It's a no-play for me but thanks to you guys, I understand these teams appear to be trending in opposite directions. On paper, Ohio has better numbers but looking at recent games, seems Ball St is peaking.

Good luck!

Retrospect
    Retrospect's Avatar Become A Pro!

shit @ 6.5 NOW

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Its a mid week mac game..... What did we learn from last week? Underdog it is.... Gimme my 6 points please.