WSU_Tbone
    WSU_Tbone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

BYU - Idaho end

Anyone else catch the end of this game..closing line was somewhere around 39.5 to 40.5.

two minutes left in game BYU up 39 and they are throwing the ball. Instead of running out the clock, they throw get down to the 4 with 2 minutes left in the game and kick the field goal to go up 42.

Idaho now down 42, kicks a FG with 6 seconds left in the game to loose by 39. All the Idaho backers loving it and the BYU backers in disbelief..

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

I had money on Idaho. I've never had anything this lucky go my way ever. Seriously was a 99.99999% to lose. Unreal

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two things:

1) I'm sure people out there (not necessarily you) are going to scream "fix" but then again those people are up way past their bedtime

2) Why in the hell would you back Idaho here? A terribly overmatched team on the road, I know you specifically did not but anyone gloating about an Idaho cashin here is an idiot and deserves to lose money the other 9 out of 10 times

bald_guy
    bald_guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5019

Quote Originally Posted by WSU_Tbone View Post
    Anyone else catch the end of this game..closing line was somewhere around 39.5 to 40.5.

two minutes left in game BYU up 39 and they are throwing the ball. Instead of running out the clock, they throw get down to the 4 with 2 minutes left in the game and kick the field goal to go up 42.

Idaho now down 42, kicks a FG with 6 seconds left in the game to loose by 39. All the Idaho backers loving it and the BYU backers in disbelief..
    Shows either 2 things. The odd makers know what they are doing and are good at setting spreads. Or the teams try to get close to what the spread is.

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Same reason you'd bet against Oregon int eh first few games of the season. Was expecting to have Idaho play 2nd stringers in the 2h. Sometimes when a team is too much better than the other team the game ends up being a 30-40 victory, not a 60+ victory. Also was expecting a snow shower that never really materialized. Anyway, Idaho fumbled the ball on the way to a clinching covering score to set up the idaho FG.

I'll take +40.5 idaho all day if you're giving me odds for 9 out of 10.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

It is interesting the coach would chose to kick a field goal in that spot!

WSU_Tbone
    WSU_Tbone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Forgot to mention that Idaho punted the ball and BYU muffed the punt setting up the Fg with 6 seconds left.

Josherzz1
    Update your status
    Josherzz1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

I switched channels at the right time and saw this as well. Insane ending considering what the line was.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

paranoia

possum11
    possum11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 948

I got BYU at -38 early in the week so if there was any fix it was just on the late money. I think the line moved a lot on game day.

Stack-N-Chips
    Stack-N-Chips's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by inkwell77 View Post
    it is interesting the coach would chose to kick a field goal in that spot!
    bingo

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seriously, who does that though?
    If anybody has a valid or half logical reason, I'll listen