kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Boston College/Virginia Tech Thurs. Night

Boston College has a very good football team this year ... They are coming off a bye week ... Several key players were out injured and will be back ... This game should be a war ... The line of VT (-13.5) is ridiculous ... Upset in the making ... Boston College by 3 (ML +425) ... The Fox

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Certainly love them with the points. Is Ryan or Porter playing at QB?

kdmfox

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Certainly love them with the points. Is Ryan or Porter playing at QB?
    Porter.

Dead Money
    Dead Money's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am near Portland Maine and got to see Porter play alot in Highschool.

I probabbly won't bet much on it case I am biased. Gotta like those points though.

Decent Teaser bet for me maybe. +19.5 sounds somewhat safe.

aje
    aje's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ryan to start?

Inside Dish: BC switching QBs

Posted: October 23, 2005

Of course, Boston College coach Tom O'Brien wouldn't say it before the game — heck, he wanted to force Virginia Tech to prepare for two quarterbacks — but look for the Eagles to make a change and go with sophomore Matt Ryan instead of senior Quinton Porter on Thursday.

Ryan, who led a fourth-quarter comeback against Wake Forest, gives the Eagles more of a threat to break containment, and most important, he doesn't force throws. That has plagued Porter throughout his career — he tries to use his strong arm to get him out of tough spots.

kdmfox

Quote Originally Posted by aje
    Inside Dish: BC switching QBs

Posted: October 23, 2005

Of course, Boston College coach Tom O'Brien wouldn't say it before the game — heck, he wanted to force Virginia Tech to prepare for two quarterbacks — but look for the Eagles to make a change and go with sophomore Matt Ryan instead of senior Quinton Porter on Thursday.

Ryan, who led a fourth-quarter comeback against Wake Forest, gives the Eagles more of a threat to break containment, and most important, he doesn't force throws. That has plagued Porter throughout his career — he tries to use his strong arm to get him out of tough spots.
    Much appreciated ... Probably a good move.

smoothsuave
    smoothsuave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

They say VTech is pretty solid at home. I don't like the spread, but the 1st half is respectable for Tech. Of Course you have to play the quarters by ear.

kdmfox

Quote Originally Posted by smoothsuave
    They say VTech is pretty solid at home. I don't like the spread, but the 1st half is respectable for Tech. Of Course you have to play the quarters by ear.
    Boston College went into their house in 03 and walked out with a big upset ... Expect a war Thurs.