Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another interesting game: TULSA @ ARKANSAS -6

I really like this game as Arkansas has been playing much better over there past 3 games, and being a home game, I would think they could cover this line. It is also homecoming for the Razorbacks.

Would love to hear from others who would like to share there opinion.

Retrospect
    Retrospect's Avatar Become A Pro!

tulsa is under the radar but they can play well into the 4th qrtr. im not touchin this one.

Kodytena22
    Kodytena22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I am with you on arkansas everyone is scared to back them but most don't realize when wilson is healthy and playing this team is a huge threat

Murray Rothbard
    Scared Money Don't Make Money
    Murray Rothbard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Hm, I'm not sure on this one Urban. Arkansas may have been playing some good ball over the past three games but they're still losing to teams who are relatively good. There only wins to date are Jacksonville St, Auburn, and Kentucky. All objectively horrible teams.

Tulsa on the other hand is on a nice 7 game win streak where they've played some good football. Oh and Arkansas just lost a close game in OT vs Ole Miss which could potentially have a spill over affect to the Tulsa game.

Personally I'm not sure I'll be touching this game but just figured i'd give my $0.02. Good luck either way.

mrsolodolo21
    mrsolodolo21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7319

Not a good spot for Arkansas. Sandwich game between two quality SEC opponents. They are coming off a tough loss vs Ole Miss last week, and they will head to #8 South Carolina next week. Even though Tulsa is from the C-USA, I'm not sure they are really a step down in class for Arkansas. Tulsa sees this as a huge opportunity to make a statement, and Arkansas sees this as a pesky non-conference game and another potential letdown spot in what has been a disappointing season. Interesting game, stay away for me.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

this line jumped out me too. nice non-bcs underdog... but ark been playing better. amazing HFA at times in past. surprised that one highly regarded offensive rating (adj. for opponents) has ark #2 in the country

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Tulsa aint no stepping stone. They will put up points against this weak Arkansas D.

Urbanwildlife

Some great posts on this thread, so cheers to everyone, as it is very helpful. I have chosen to play other games, but those of you who do choose one of these teams, I wish you all the luck, and go take the stroll to the pay window and get your money!

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

A Tulsa vs Arkansas thread with multiple posts on both sides and not a single mention that Cody Green has a bad injury to his throwing shoulder and his status for the game is uncertain. Even if he plays, no way of knowing if he can throw the ball well. And if anyone doesn't think there's a HUGE difference between Cody Green and Kalen Henderson, you probably shouldn't be betting college football other than for sheer entertainment. I wouldn't let Kalen Henderson drive my car, let alone run an offense.

Urbanwildlife

EXCELLENT post indio, and very much appreciated. I did not put any effort into doing my due diligence, because I decided to go with a few other games, but your information is critical for anyone who is still interested in this game.

Murray Rothbard

Looks like Razorbacks are going to be without TE Gragg and RB Davis for this game as well.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/a...sa-3991154.php

Murray Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post
    A Tulsa vs Arkansas thread with multiple posts on both sides and not a single mention that Cody Green has a bad injury to his throwing shoulder and his status for the game is uncertain. Even if he plays, no way of knowing if he can throw the ball well. And if anyone doesn't think there's a HUGE difference between Cody Green and Kalen Henderson, you probably shouldn't be betting college football other than for sheer entertainment. I wouldn't let Kalen Henderson drive my car, let alone run an offense.
    Thanks for the info indio. I too haven't looked into this game too much because I didn't think I was going to touch it. That may change now.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

Exactly... If Green plays I think Tulsa has a great shot of winning. If not, they might get blown out.

Tulsa's defense is very porous and I can see Arkansas putting up 40. Arky's defense isn't much better so who knows what we'll get. This is probably a good no play but if Green is out I think I will then back Arkansas. Will have to wait till game time to be sure though because I don't trust anything coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by indio View Post

Urbanwildlife

One thing is Arkansas should be coming out and playing with a lot of emotion since it is there homecoming game, and homecoming activities going on all week creating an atmosphere that should have the fan base going wild on Saturday. PARTY TIME!

Murray Rothbard

According to the article I posted there seems to be some concern over whether or not Arkansas head coach can keep the team motivated and in focus not just for this game but for the rest of the season. As we all know this season for Arkansas has been a wash and now it seems some of Arkansas players are on the verge of checking out for the season.

Urbanwildlife

I fully believe they will not fold on with it being a Homecoming game, as the atmosphere around campus will not allow it.

mrsolodolo21
    mrsolodolo21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7319

Cody Green is probable, and I'm pretty sure that is built into the line.

70CoupeDeVille
    70CoupeDeVille's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 672

Significant class difference.

First half may be close but expect Razorback depth to begin exacting its toll in 2nd half as Tulsa starters tire. Look to Arkansas getting it done on the ground and off play action in extended scoring drives in Q's 3 and 4. I've laid the points!