SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Larry Ness: Run With Raiders vs. Longhorn

Larry Ness: Run With Raiders vs. Longhorn

Take Texas Tech and the points tonight when they host the Texas Longhorns.

Texas won yet another road game last week, 22-20 in Lincoln, but it sure didn't come easy. A win won't come easy this week either, as the Longhorns are again playing in a tough venue, Lubbock, Texas.

Texas Tech comes into this contest 5-3, after a 42-26 win in Ames last week vs Iowa St. In that game, QB Graham Harrell completed 31-of-40 passes for 368 yards with six TDs and no interceptions. He's averaging 313.1 YPG through the air, completing 68.8% of his throws and has 25 TDs with just seven interceptions.

The Red Raiders don't run much (about 80 YPG) but RB Shannon Woods is dangerous, averaging 6.1 YPC in gaining 557 yards plus has 49 catches. Against Texas, which allows just 46.5 YPG rushing, the Red Raiders most likely won't worry too much about running anyway.

Tech's D will be tested by the Longhorn offense, led by QB Colt McCoy who has completed 67.7% of his passes while throwing 20 TDs against just three interceptions. Charles and Young lead a rushing attack which averages 180 YPG and 4.8 YPC. Texas is averaging 40.1 PPG but was held to just 22 points LW. While the Tech D is not as good as the Huskers', it's not all that bad allowing a respectable 21.4 PPG.

Tech is 23-4 SU at home since 2002 and has been a home dog just twice during that span (1-1 ATS). I fully expect the Red Raiders to give the Longhorns "all they want" in this one. Take the points.

Game Time: 10/28/2006 7:00:00 PM

Play: Texas Tech

By: Larry Ness
    http://www.10starpicks.com

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Red Raiders in this game myself.

ivyconniver
    ivyconniver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

I'm not so sure, Texas is a much more solid team. They've done very well in the post-Young transition

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas seconday is not very good. Texas Tech should be able to take advantage of that.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

interesting there wasn't a point spread posted in this one...