stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Is Braxton Miller playing against Penn State?

does anyone know? couldn't find it

Go State
    Go State's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1282

Judging by the line opening at ohio state +2.5 i am guessing not

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

On top of the fact how would they know yet?

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

No, he isn't

GWOZOZO
    GWOZOZO's Avatar Become A Pro!

Considering how bad it looked, willing to go on a limb and say no. Looks like a nervous system injury. Wouldn't be surprised if he's out consecutive games.

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller left Saturday's game againstPurdue and was sent to the hospital after being taken down hard after a long run.
    According to the school, Miller was examined for a concussion and passed all tests on his shoulders, head and neck and was released from the hospital Saturday evening. Miller's father, Kevin, was with him in the hospital.
    More on Ohio State

Everything Ohio State, from recruiting to news to game coverage, is available at ESPN.com'sBuckeyeNation.

More:
    ESPN.com Recruiting coverage
    ESPN.com's Big Ten blog

"He passed all of the tests and he's getting ready to be released," said team spokesman Jerry Emig, who added there were no symptoms of a concussion or other serious injury.
    Miller, mentioned among the top Heisman Trophy contenders, was completing a 37-yard run when he was thrown to the turf by Purdue cornerbackJosh Johnson late in the third quarter.
    Miller didn't get up for several minutes -- he was in obvious pain -- while he was attended to by several doctors and trainers. Eventually he sat up, then stood on shaky legs for at least 60 seconds before he was led to the sidelines. He was later taken to the locker room by cart while the Buckeyes (No. 7 AP) completed a rally to beat Purdue 29-22 in overtime.
    "I've not heard (his status); I've been running around celebrating with our team," coach Urban Meyer said after the game. "I'm going to go find out immediately after this (news conference).
    "He's like my son, and all these guys are. I just had concern because I think it was a head, and that concerns all of us."
    Ohio State officials asked for a stretcher, and Miller was then taken to Ohio State Wexner Medical Center on campus.
    Kenny Guiton took over at quarterback for the Buckeyes. He completed 6-of-11 passes for 77 yards, with one touchdown pass and an interception.
    In the overtime, Carlos Hyde scored on a 1-yard plunge for the Buckeyes before Purdue failed to score on its possession.
    Miller completed 9 of 20 for 113 yards with an interception and ran for 47 yards on 12 carries.
    Information from The As

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

That Miller guy giveth, andtake away from his own team. For every TD, he average about 0.5 a turnover.

Retrospect
    Retrospect's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey, i didn't see the game but how was the backup qb for buckeye?

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

He's looking good. Won't beable to know if he's playing until Thursday or Friday though. Should be a good game. Go Bucks!

buckeyemondo
    buckeyemondo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1089

Quote Originally Posted by Go State View Post
    Judging by the line opening at ohio state +2.5 i am guessing not
    we'll know more by noon today after meyer's presser, but i think the line eventually comes back to the opening number of osu +1... think braxton will magically be without effect from the purdue game with an undefeated season on the line and on the road at "night" (17:30 EDT kick).

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

The backup Guiton is terrible. And Penn State has a good shot at beating OSU even if Miller plays.

buckeyemondo
    buckeyemondo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1089

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    The backup Guiton is terrible. And Penn State has a good shot at beating OSU even if Miller plays.
    guiton will never be mistaken for braxton miller, evidenced by his INT on an underthrown go route. but was clutch on the game tying drive, throwing for both the touchdown & 2 pt conversion, then finding a streaking TE in OT to set up the game winner. guy has been praised by meyer all season long as mentally ready to play at any point, and is actually 3 for 3 this season on TD scoring drives when braxton has come out dinged up after long gains on the ground.

that being said, penn state is rolling right now & beaver stadium at night will be rocking. but the original line of osu +1 is right about where this should be.
    Last edited by buckeyemondo; 10-22-12 at 10:01 AM. Reason: clarification

Wilfred

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    He's not terrible but he's no Braxton. He's a game manager nothing more nothing less. He didnt do anything terribly wrong when he came in he threw a pick that was just as good as a punt then led 2 touchdown drives after that.

Wilfred

Looks as though Braxton WILL start. Multiple reports of him at church yesterday and being fine and more importantly the Penn State game depth chart released today. http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/osu/gra...2-two-deep.pdf

possum11
    possum11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 948

Why would they play him after a concussion when they aren't even eligible for a bowl? Ridiculous.

Wilfred

Quote Originally Posted by possum11 View Post
    Why would they play him after a concussion when they aren't even eligible for a bowl? Ridiculous.
    What are you talking about? He didn't have a concussion.

In other news looks like Braxton is going to have a full week of practice and should be 100% by Saturday. Still a tough game though.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyemondo View Post
    guiton will never be mistaken for braxton miller, evidenced by his INT on an underthrown go route. but was clutch on the game tying drive, throwing for both the touchdown & 2 pt conversion, then finding a streaking TE in OT to set up the game winner. guy has been praised by meyer all season long as mentally ready to play at any point, and is actually 3 for 3 this season on TD scoring drives when braxton has come out dinged up after long gains on the ground.

that being said, penn state is rolling right now & beaver stadium at night will be rocking. but the original line of osu +1 is right about where this should be.
    OSU started as a favorite. I have Penn State +1.5 in this one. As for Guiton, I didn't see him last week, but in the past in garbage time he's been a disaster for anyone with a bet on the Bucks or the over.