bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

With Drew Tate out this week ...

With Drew Tate out this week this week. do you guys still think theres still value with Iowa in this game or not?

I'm really not sure what to think about this game now.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think there may be if the public overreacts and this line falls below 14. The Manson kid actually moved the ball really well against Syracuse, they were just -4 in turnovers, which made the score misleading. Something is wrong with Garret Wolfe (70 total yards against Western Michigan and Temple?) and I refuse to fade Kirk Ferentz at home.
    I think this is a game you just pass.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on NIU +17.5 and was before Tate got hurt...this is NIU"s bowl game...I'll take my chances now with Tate not in there now...

bigboydan

I was thinking there just might still be some value on Iowa without Tate playing. I know thats a high line, but it if does go under 2 TD's I think they just might be worth a shot.

I think the better question all of us should be asking is.... "how many points is Tate really worth"

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

The NIU defense is pretty bad

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by dave11486
    The NIU defense is pretty bad

I do agree with that statement bud. However, i'm trying to figure out exactly how many points is Tate is worth in this game. I'm still thinking theres some value in this game is all.

dave11486

It's a tough call, but i think you might be on to something...of course I hope you aren't completey right because I got NIU +31.5.

bigboydan

I'm just trying to get a better feel on what some of you guys might feel on what the value might be with him being out.

Hell, give me 31.5 points and I too would be all over NIU in this game for the value factor alone if nothing else.

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok bigboydan ill try to give you my perspective. I go to NIU, and will usually put a small amount on my boys if i feel their is a fairly solid chance they will cover. With that being said I will not be betting this game. If i would bet I would take Iowa, but since I never bet against my own team I wont be betting. NIU's defense is absolutely terrible. Our quarterback throws interceptions like it was his job, and Garrett Wolfe, while a solid back has had two straight games under 500 yards back to back, one of those games being against temple. With that being said however, G. Wolfe does tend to play well against big ten teams, so it's tough to say. My best advice would be to stay away from this game all together, but if you are going to bet I would say Iowa -9 1st half looks solid to me. GL with whatever you decide

dave11486

dbldown you are scaring the piss out of me cut it out...

under *500* yards in two games is nothing to be ashamed of last time i checked, so that can't be right
    Last edited by dave11486; 10-25-06 at 05:27 PM.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Don't think Manson will start or play in this game. Perfect place to start J ch. He's suppose to be a stud and will be at the helm the next 3 years. He's got a better arm than Tate but a redshirt freshmen. I still think Iowa covers here. Just a way better all around team. Sure would like a better line though.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Dbldown11
    Ok bigboydan ill try to give you my perspective. I go to NIU, and will usually put a small amount on my boys if i feel their is a fairly solid chance they will cover. With that being said I will not be betting this game. If i would bet I would take Iowa, but since I never bet against my own team I wont be betting. NIU's defense is absolutely terrible. Our quarterback throws interceptions like it was his job, and Garrett Wolfe, while a solid back has had two straight games under 500 yards back to back, one of those games being against temple. With that being said however, G. Wolfe does tend to play well against big ten teams, so it's tough to say. My best advice would be to stay away from this game all together, but if you are going to bet I would say Iowa -9 1st half looks solid to me. GL with whatever you decide
    you might be right about that first half prediction bud.

pags11

Wolfe comes to life on Saturday boys...

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

NIU has the lead at halftime boys!!!!

Is Iowa really that good? What have they done that is so impressive? OOOOH They defeated Purdue by 25 oooh!!!

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Just remember that there has been no confirmation the freshmen is starting. But there is a good possiblity.

bigboydan

Ok fellas, Lets discuss the total on this game.

Is the over or the under the right way to play this game. I know where the sharp money is right now. However, without Tate in there can Iowa really score that many points ?

pags11

no clue on the total Dan...