Joepbj
    Joepbj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

Iowa State

Kansas St. has looked great for the most part, line was 7, now at 6.5. Books begging for action on K St. Iowa St. is a good team playing at home, and I actually think they'll win this SU. Thinking of buying to +7 if it doesn't go back up. What do you guys think? I think the public will be all over Kansas St.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iowa State is a good team, especially so at home, but they are not a top 10 team like Kansas State. There is a reason that Kansas State is ranked where they are, and they have beat some higher caliber of teams than Iowa State.

HypoHandi
    HypoHandi's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm betting against you. Iowa State has no offense and K State's offense is hitting on all cylinders. You have to be betting on a K State letdown. I'd definitely want that half point for a potential push.

MoreCredible
    MoreCredible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

This is EXACTLY the type of game Paul Rhoads wins. Relatively quiet underdogs, at home, to a high powered offense.

Look, if you're not feeling gutsy, take the Cyclones and the points. No question public will push this to +7 (or through the 7) on Gameday with such a soft line. But this is a fantastic live dog if you ask me...

Moneyline for me.

Joepbj

I agree....Look K St. is good, but they've played 1 road game this season and they won it by 5 in Oklahoma. I think they'll come down to earth a little bit and the Cyclones will give them a run for their money. Cyclones only loss was to the Red Raiders @ home by 11 and the game was much closer than the score indicates. Iowa St. led at Half and was down by 1 in the fourth quarter. Last 3 meetings between the 2 have been close and the last one @ Iowa St was a 1 pt. loss. ML is enticing, but I'll play it safe with the points. Kansas St = Sqaure City

slim dog
    slim dog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7766

K-State averaging over 7 yrds per play. You tell me, how ISU is going to keep up with that? KSU is not flashy, and not know for their points that they score because they do it on the ground for the most part. I think ISU is getting way to much respect here by beating an overrated tcu team. They were minus their 1st string qb (with 1 days notice), and down to their third string rb. TCU still gained over 400 yards but turned the ball over numorois times.
    On a side note, usually when everyone is saying this is a look ahead game and EVERYONE is talking that way, it normally ends up not happening. I'm guessing after this game there will be people talking about how overrated ISU was or is, just like they said after KSU beat OU.

Joepbj

Quote Originally Posted by slim dog View Post
    K-State averaging over 7 yrds per play. You tell me, how ISU is going to keep up with that? KSU is not flashy, and not know for their points that they score because they do it on the ground for the most part. I think ISU is getting way to much respect here by beating an overrated tcu team. They were minus their 1st string qb (with 1 days notice), and down to their third string rb. TCU still gained over 400 yards but turned the ball over numorois times.
    On a side note, usually when everyone is saying this is a look ahead game and EVERYONE is talking that way, it normally ends up not happening. I'm guessing after this game there will be people talking about how overrated ISU was or is, just like they said after KSU beat OU.
    I hear ya, but KSU has played cupcake Defenses at home, which is why that number is inflated....Maybe KSU covers, maybe they don't....no guarantees here, but I like my chances with the Cyclones. Last year they were in a similar situation and upset Oklahoma St....Plus, KSU might be caught looking ahead to WVU next week.

donkbetter
    donkbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1746

the weather is looking very harsh for a passing gme

Joepbj

Quote Originally Posted by donkbetter View Post
    the weather is looking very harsh for a passing gme
    Might be worth looking at the under too. Low scoring game makes me feel even better getting 7 pts @ home. Both defenses give up only 15 pts per game. Should be a tight affair. 21-17 final IOWA ST

Joepbj

Waited until this morning hoping to get a better line but line dropped to 5.5.....paid the juice to buy to 7, glad i did.