GWOZOZO
    GWOZOZO's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why ND line dropped from -8 to -7 even though Stanford wont have top receiver?

I don't get it. Does ND have some major injuries? I see ND easily covering -7

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

ND is laying 7 points. Stanford's defense is good enough that notre dame prob wont score more than 20-24 pts. ND relies heavily on a running game. Stanford has a top defense when it comes to stopping the run, allowing only 77 rushing yards per game. Without ND's ability to run the ball, 7 points is a lot of points to be laying. If ND is going to score 20 or fewer points, their only way to cover is to hold stanford to 12 or fewer points. it could happen. but its not like its a lock. ND might not even score 20 points. they might only score 15. then to cover stanford would have to score 7 or fewer. it could happen. you gotta understand that ND isn't going to put up a lot of points because stanford is going to shut down the run. i dont expect ND to rack up a ton of points. it should be a low scoring game. laying -7 is a lot tougher in a low scoring game than in a high scoring game.
    Last edited by hockey216; 10-10-12 at 01:32 PM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

well I keep waiting for Notre Dame to suck like they have for the last 20 years but they seem to be pretty legit this year.

I hate Notre Dame but they are good. I took Notre Dame -7.

Stanfords QB is terrible.