GWOZOZO
    GWOZOZO's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can texas a&m's defense slow down l.a tech's offense enough to cover ats?

From face value I'm leaning Tech because they've been some impressive so far.

The Aggies are ranked 6th of 14 in overall points allowed per game. Passing defense ranked 9th, L.A Tech's passing offense being it's strong point. Can the Aggies' secondary slow this Tech's offense?

Another factor will be the Aggies' own offense and its ability to run the ball, score, and at the same time playing keep away from Tech's offense?

Given that the Aggies look like they can compete in the SEC, can Tech even compete with SEC team, even though the Aggies are newbies to this conference?

I think these factors/question will decide the game.

So chime in if you think you have insignts on these and other relevant points?

GWOZOZO

Quote Originally Posted by GWOZOZO View Post
    From face value I'm leaning Tech because they've been some impressive so far.

The Aggies are ranked 6th of 14 in overall points allowed per game. Passing defense ranked 9th, L.A Tech's passing offense being it's strong point. Can the Aggies' secondary slow this Tech's offense?

Another factor will be the Aggies' own offense and its ability to run the ball, score, and at the same time playing keep away from Tech's offense?

Given that the Aggies look like they can compete in the SEC, can Tech even compete with SEC team, even though the Aggies are newbies to this conference?

I think these factors/question will decide the game.

So chime in if you think you have insignts on these and other relevant points?
    The Aggies defensive ranking are in their conference, the SEC

Smoooookeyyyyy
    I back and tail Seer a lot! xD
    Smoooookeyyyyy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 250

But, you got to figure when you're talking about rankings in the SEC. That might not be that bad.

I haven't looked any of it up, so I'm not calling you out. What is their rank in the NCAA in pass defense?

GWOZOZO

Quote Originally Posted by Smoooookeyyyyy View Post
    But, you got to figure when you're talking about rankings in the SEC. That might not be that bad.

I haven't looked any of it up, so I'm not calling you out. What is their rank in the NCAA in pass defense?
    Don't know their NCAA defense ranking. But their SEC defensive ranking I think gives us more info about this defense. And I think their ranking is a neutral to medium advantage point Aggies, given how tough the SEC is

jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...t/team/1042/p1

A&M will score at will against LA Tech every team LA Tech has played that team has scored a touchdown or better above the season average

they allow 35.8 ppg AND 369.6 Passing Yds Per Game against teams with these records and are 109 in points allowed

Houston 2-4... 29.4ppg...49 against La Tech....
    Rice 2-3...18.3 ppg...37 against La Tech
    Illinois 1-5...21.1 ppg...24 against LA Tech without staring qb
    Viginia 2-4...23.7 ppg...38 against La Tech
    Unlv 1-5...25 ppg....31 against La Tech

jakeloftin2186

id take ags and tt over

GWOZOZO

Quote Originally Posted by jakeloftin2186 View Post
    http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...t/team/1042/p1

A&M will score at will against LA Tech every team LA Tech has played that team has scored a touchdown or better above the season average

they allow 35.8 ppg AND 369.6 Passing Yds Per Game against teams with these records and are 109 in points allowed

Houston 2-4... 29.4ppg...49 against La Tech....
    Rice 2-3...18.3 ppg...37 against La Tech
    Illinois 1-5...21.1 ppg...24 against LA Tech without staring qb
    Viginia 2-4...23.7 ppg...38 against La Tech
    Unlv 1-5...25 ppg....31 against La Tech

Good stuff. Yeah, Tech's defense is terrible. Whereas A&M has seeing some good offenses, but nothing like Tech's offense

HypoHandi
    HypoHandi's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm jinxing A&M by taking them at -6. A&M trouble will be a mystery to all but me. LaTech loses by 3. Teams like LaTech have a tendency to be better than people give them credit for.

jakeloftin2186

I beg to differcanr Arky has serious talent on the offensive side of the ball and ole miss isn't bad either

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

A&M loses SU. Lock it up.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by jakeloftin2186 View Post
    I beg to differcanr Arky has serious talent on the offensive side of the ball and ole miss isn't bad either
    No doubt. Just looked at the Ark/TAMU box score, and Arkansas somehow scored just 10 points on 515 yards of offense. Three turnovers and four failed attempts at fourth-down conversions.

MasterP10
    MasterP10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3259

Yes, already locked in am- 7

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Just take the over and dont worry about either side covering. Each team might score 50.

jakeloftin2186

La tech won't score anything close to 50 maybe 21 and that's a huge maybe

jakeloftin2186

La tech impressive offensive stats have come against teams with losing records and bad defenses

thedeuceisloose
    thedeuceisloose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Very intrigued by this game. The more I analyze, the more I want to go large on A&M.

A&M and LT have similar offensive #s overall. Both with "play station" offenses. A&M probably has a talent edge overall, but both good enough. Call them a push.

A&M's defense has played fairly this year. Every opponent held under season average. LTs defense is next to last overall and every team has beaten their season averages against them.

I think this would've opened at -10 or more if A&M hadn't struggled with OM. That game is pushing me to bet A&M, oddly enough. Despite the 6 turnovers, A&M scored as many points as Bama did against OM (in OM as opposed to at Bama)...and held OM to less points than Texas allowed to them.

I think A&M and the points is a great value. I haven't pulled the trigger yet but really like it...though not as much as I like WVU -4 at TxTech.

Good luck all