texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7870

southern miss +11 at home against boise

i honestly think boise might lose this game.

southern hung with louisville in a torrential downpour last week. boise is way worse than louisville, just watching either team can clue you in to that. boise coming a long way for this game against a team they should beat in their sleep. i think there's a good chance they don't get off the plane. they also blow in comparison to their teams of the past and almost lost at new mexico.

will be in attendance with my money on southern miss. i am hoping for an awesome environment, as it will be my first time at a game there.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I like it tex.

Line is a joke.

texhooper

i thought you might like this one, no coin. great avatar too.

funny thing about this line is i liked the game before i knew i was going. just so happened i was already going down to jackson to visit my friend (who happens to be a southern miss alum) and told him monday morning this line was probably my favorite of the weekend. and he was like "wouldn't it be cool to go?" and now we have tickets and are making the trip to hattiesburg.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Totally agree with you Tex. Boise State is not a good team at all this year, as there quarterback Southwick is beyond horrible, so they have no offense what so ever.

texhooper

down to +10 now.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I looked into this, and S. Miss offense is horrific. Lost SU to East Caro, and lost big to W. Kentucky as 3 point dogs. Last weeks game is a wash IMO due to the weather working as an equalizer. Boise's name is a factor in this number, but their defense has not lost a step. Its a top flight D , per the usual. The score in Boise's game vs New Mex is a little phony also. They were up 25 @ halftime, just no contest, then Boise inexplicably turned the ball over 2 times, and New Mex capitalized by starting those drives in the Red Zone.

I know TCU @ home can be a scary thought, but Iowa St + is my side of the week. These are the exact same teams. Shitty running teams, ok passing, and both stout vs the run/pass. You are paying for the TCU name, but their production has not been impressive, especially vs their weak competition(Kansas/Grambling/Virginia/SMU). All of those schools are finishing dead last in their respective conferences. Iowas has played a tougher schedule, and have fared well also.

Eric22174
    Eric22174's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3599

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I looked into this, and S. Miss offense is horrific. Lost SU to East Caro, and lost big to W. Kentucky as 3 point dogs. Last weeks game is a wash IMO due to the weather working as an equalizer. Boise's name is a factor in this number, but their defense has not lost a step. Its a top flight D , per the usual. The score in Boise's game vs New Mex is a little phony also. They were up 25 @ halftime, just no contest, then Boise inexplicably turned the ball over 2 times, and New Mex capitalized by starting those drives in the Red Zone.

I know TCU @ home can be a scary thought, but Iowa St + is my side of the week. These are the exact same teams. Shitty running teams, ok passing, and both stout vs the run/pass. You are paying for the TCU name, but their production has not been impressive, especially vs their weak competition(Kansas/Grambling/Virginia/SMU). All of those schools are finishing dead last in their respective conferences. Iowas has played a tougher schedule, and have fared well also.

I love Iowa State this week. First thing that grabbed my attention when i looked this week.

texhooper

good luck with iowa state, houli.

Eric22174

You may want to double check the status of the Southern Miss QB he is out. Last weeks box score doesn't show how well of a QB he really is. http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=322732572

http://www.clarionledger.com/article...nclick_check=1

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

can't touch this game, too much i don't trust about each side. could never lay double digits on the road with southwick. at the same time, southern miss' offense is putrid. boise has better run game, but southern miss HFA neutralizes that a bit. lean to the under 47 is the best i could muster here if i had to play it. gl

areallygoodnoob
    areallygoodnoob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 262

Quote Originally Posted by Eric22174 View Post
    You may want to double check the status of the Southern Miss QB he is out. Last weeks box score doesn't show how well of a QB he really is. http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=322732572

http://www.clarionledger.com/article...nclick_check=1
    USM had 3 qb's still in open competition through the first game of the year. If there's any team that a QB injury isn't very significant, it's USM. Alford is a great all-around athlete. If he plays, it may be a positive that Campbell is out.

Eric22174

Golden Eagles, are still one of the weakest passing squads in the entire nation, averaging only 108.5 ypg (117th in the country). Beaten up by the Cornhuskers and Hilltoppers, USM is surrendering 34.0 ppg as teams generate 422.3 ypg which is enough to make any opponent look good. From the looks it's the Redshirt freshmen who will take the snaps.

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

Boise State is the pick in this one, do not bet against them here. If the line drops to single digits, absolutely get all over BSU. I agree BSU is not the same team, but Southern Miss is not impressive and BSU will come back will a big win after struggling last week with a local opponent.
    Last edited by hurricane1091; 10-04-12 at 10:44 AM.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by areallygoodnoob View Post
    USM had 3 qb's still in open competition through the first game of the year. If there's any team that a QB injury isn't very significant, it's USM. Alford is a great all-around athlete. If he plays, it may be a positive that Campbell is out.
    Not according to USM fans. Alford is a true freshman who is not ready.

texhooper

down to +9.5

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by areallygoodnoob View Post
    sharpest post of the thread.

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    this game just got much more interesting now that pachall is out.