therealjmcneil
    therealjmcneil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Week 5 picks - locked and loaded!

YTD Record: 15-22-1

After an absolutely crushingly bad week 4 (3-8), it's time to bounce back and get back into the green this week. I have a feeling that I need to quit making so many bets, and concentrate more of my bankroll on the bets I feel more sure about instead of spreading it around so much. That inner action junkie just takes over sometimes...I also need to stop betting parlays...I am new to this and learning more everyday on the right way to do things.

Anyways, on with the picks.

Minn +7 @ Iowa

Obvious reasons...Iowa is awful, risky thing is Minnesota is not so great on the road..I feel like it may be a trap but giving 7 points was too good to say NO!!

Duke +3 1/2 @ Wake Forest

This one is just a hunch...Duke's offense has been hot lately and Wake Forest has impressed noone, I feel like Duke has some momentum going right now and will win by a TD.

SJ ST -2 1/2 @ Navy

SJ St has hit for me 3 weeks in a row now, they are a good offensive team and I believe won't be affected too much by travelling east. Plus Navy is awful and doesn't exactly light up the scoreboard like EVER.

Tulsa -13 1/2 @ UAB

Tulsa's high powered offense will come in and steamroll UAB's poor defense, easily covering...especially considering UAB may be hungover from going into Buckeye land and playing a tough game.

Troy -9 1/2 @ South AL

South AL is awful, I remember watching them in week 1 vs Wyoming and their defense is swiss cheese. Add in Troy's usually potent spread offense and not having to travel far down to Mobile, and I'll say Troy rolls in this one.

UL Monroe @ Tulane +20

UL Monroe has had 3 tough games in a row...I like their QB and offensive system but their defense is just too awful to beat anyone by 20 points...they gave up 30+ to both Auburn and Arkansas who have anemic offenses...Tulane, as bad as they are, will be able to score on ULM and keep it within 20.

Tex Tech -2 1/2 @ Iowa St

Tex Tech hasnt really played anyone, but their defense looks legit (at least strong enough to hold down an awful Iowa St team), and their offense should be able to do their work and put some points on the board....also a revenge game from last year where Iowa St came out of nowhere to cream Tex Tech...

Best of Luck all!!

guy Fawkes
    guy Fawkes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Welcome to the forums and best of luck to you. I appreciate you posting up your thoughts and reasoning for you posted picks as well as posting a believable record on the season so far.

Not sure if you've already booked these or not, but be careful with Tulane and Minny. Not saying your wrong or criticizing you, just saying...well, that I'm on the other side