alabasterf
    alabasterf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

FSU v Clemson +14.5

Clemson's win over Auburn doesn't look so sweet now. How good is Florida State. Should their drubbing of Wake Forest mean anything when picking this game. I like the points at first glance. Thoughts?

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Whats the total @ for this game??
    Liking over

alabasterf
    alabasterf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

O/u 58

GWOZOZO
    GWOZOZO's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by alabasterf View Post
    Clemson's win over Auburn doesn't look so sweet now. How good is Florida State. Should their drubbing of Wake Forest mean anything when picking this game. I like the points at first glance. Thoughts?
    FSU+14 looks really good. they're legit. Clemson are just not as talented. This is FSU's statement game.

KardiacKid
    KardiacKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

Quote Originally Posted by GWOZOZO View Post
    FSU+14 looks really good. they're legit. Clemson are just not as talented. This is FSU's statement game.
    We have no idea if FSU is legit as they have played nothing but high schools at home so far this season; and Manuel has simply lived on potential, and hasn't proven anything on the collegiate level.

The one thing we know is that FSU is more talented on defense, and Clemson is more talented on offense. Both teams have questions on the OL. FSU has played press-man coverage, relying on pressure from their front 4 all season. If they play the same defense, and their front 4 can't pressure Boyd, then Clemson's WR's will eat the FSU secondary alive. If they can get pressure on Boyd with their front 4, then it will be a long night for Clemson in the Doak.
    Points Awarded:

darkghost gave KardiacKid 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by GWOZOZO View Post
    fsu-14

Covy
    Covy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1430

I love FSU

Quite a bit of people thought Skinner would give the FSU D fits, but final result...massacre. I think FSU wins in a 42-14 fashion

KardiacKid

Quote Originally Posted by Covy View Post
    I love FSU

Quite a bit of people thought Skinner would give the FSU D fits, but final result...massacre. I think FSU wins in a 42-14 fashion
    I am a member of the media - nobody thought Skinner would give FSU fits last week. Nobody. Wake has no speed or playmakers on offense. Everybody was expecting a thorough whooping of the Deacons.

Clemson on the other hand has the most team speed that FSU will see all season - and what many believe is the best WR corp on the East coast. Chad Morris out-coached Stoops very badly last season, and couldn't figure out how to slow down Andre Ellington or Sammy Watkins. You also have to remember that Brent Venables completely shut down Manuel and the FSU offense each of the last two seasons.

Will Clemson win? I wouldn't take them straight-up in Tallahassee. But FSU is not beating Clemson by 14+.

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR
    BlacK_HazE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KardiacKid View Post
    I am a member of the media - nobody thought Skinner would give FSU fits last week. Nobody. Wake has no speed or playmakers on offense. Everybody was expecting a thorough whooping of the Deacons.

Clemson on the other hand has the most team speed that FSU will see all season - and what many believe is the best WR corp on the East coast. Chad Morris out-coached Stoops very badly last season, and couldn't figure out how to slow down Andre Ellington or Sammy Watkins. You also have to remember that Brent Venables completely shut down Manuel and the FSU offense each of the last two seasons.

Will Clemson win? I wouldn't take them straight-up in Tallahassee. But FSU is not beating Clemson by 14+.
    If I remember right, a lot of people thought Wake +28 was money .. What this game comes down to is ultimately revenge and FSU will be hungry and well prepared to make a statement. You can try to make exscuses to justify why we've looked so good (playing weak teams) but unlike other teams who play sorry a$$ teams we haven't struggled once thus far. IDC who you're playing, if you have only given up 3 points in your first 3 games, that is very impressive. Clemson only returns 2 starters on their offensive line which will have to go up against arguably the best front 4 in college football (yes, even without B. Jenkins). I'll admit Manuel has looked inconsistent at times this year, but our O-line has looked good thus far as well as our rushing attack. You will be surprised come this saturday when this "explosive" clemson offense looks outta wack and struggles. We also have one of the greatest secondary's in the nation and if you knew who X. Rhodes was you would know that he can hold his own against S. Watkins. Defense trumps offense. Revenge factor + at home + top 5 defense in the nation= take FSU.. The noles will get pressure on boyd every play and Chris Thompson should have another huge day (clem defense gave up 400 yards to a piss poor auburn offense)
    Last edited by BlacK_HazE; 09-18-12 at 12:55 PM.

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR

& FSU played with their back up QB, 180lb Clint Trickett, who still was able to put up 30 points on the road with a banged up offensive line

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Sammy Watkins going to be ALL OVER the highlight shows after this game. Makes dudes look silly.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Trickett is a more accurate passer than Manuel, and Trickett played great against Clemson.

KardiacKid

Quote Originally Posted by BlacK_HazE View Post
    & FSU played with their back up QB, 180lb Clint Trickett, who still was able to put up 30 points on the road with a banged up offensive line
    No sir, Trickett did not play against Oklahoma last season - where Venables was the DC. Trickett played against Clemson, where Kevin Steele was the DC. FTR - Trickett was the only reason that FSU even kept it close.

ThadCastle
    ThadCastle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Tough to gauge this one.

Who has FSU beaten? Murray State/Savannah High School, and Wake?

Just can't bet a team that hasn't played anyone yet.

Good luck to you guys on this one.

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

ran it 2wice
    fsu-16 and thats not including the 3pts for homecrowd

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR

No sir, Trickett did not play against Oklahoma last season - where Venables was the DC. Trickett played against Clemson, where Kevin Steele was the DC. FTR - Trickett was the only reason that FSU even kept it close.
    If you're referring to the Okla/FSU game last year, Manuel got hurt & Trickett played the 2nd half.. I guess I'm just not quite sure what your point is? Is Venables a good coach? Yes, but he doesn't have the 2011 Sooners squad, he has a team that ranked 71st in total defense nationally last year. Not to mention when teams implement a new system they generally struggle as they make adjustments & try to find the right pieces.. You can argue that Florida State hasn't been tested but neither has Clemson against a defense of our caliber. Clemson won't face a defense as physical or fast as us the entire year.. This isn't 2011, facing an experienced revengeful 3-0 Florida State at home will be nothing like you saw in last years contest. We both obviously know that Florida State is the better team on paper and will end up winning the game so I guess I just don't get how you are so confident in a team you know is going to lose?

Noles1992
    Noles1992's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25590

IMO 14 is alot. I am still not sold on Fsu pass blocking even in the win last week. ALSO quite a few of the starters havent played past 2.5qtrs. yet. Should be a great game and I do think FSU wins. BTW @cardiackid Trickett was in the OU game last year and threw the TD pass to make it a tie game. Anyways welcome aboard

BlacK_HazE
    #FEARtheSPEAR

Quote Originally Posted by Noles1992 View Post
    IMO 14 is alot. I am still not sold on Fsu pass blocking even in the win last week. ALSO quite a few of the starters havent played past 2.5qtrs. yet. Should be a great game and I do think FSU wins. BTW @cardiackid Trickett was in the OU game last year and threw the TD pass to make it a tie game. Anyways welcome aboard
    I know they still have issues on the o-line but I've seen a definite improvement from last year. We finally have a rushing attack again, c. thompson carried it for 197 yards last week on 9 carries lol. & James Wilder Jr is going to be a beast. Clemson has their own problems on their defensive line in which they only return 1 true starter. IMO our offense is way better than the Auburn squad they allowed 400 yards too..

KardiacKid

I know they still have issues on the o-line but I've seen a definite improvement from last year. We finally have a rushing attack again, c. thompson carried it for 197 yards last week on 9 carries lol. & James Wilder Jr is going to be a beast. Clemson has their own problems on their defensive line in which they only return 1 true starter. IMO our offense is way better than the Auburn squad they allowed 400 yards too..
    It's hard to gauge just how good your running attack is because you haven't played an even average front seven yet this season - not too mention that WF's best defender, and the glue of their entire defense, was out vs FSU.

On the other hand, I am betting that we will see plenty of option vs Clemson. Clemson has not defended the option well (e.g. see GT); and Manuel scored FSU's only TD last time the two met in Tallahassee off of an option play.

If you put a gun to my head, I would say that FSU wins this game somewhere in the area of 31-23ish. But they aren't covering. I'm just trying to save some of you from throwing money out the window.

possum11
    possum11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 948

Boyd looked like a smarter player against Auburn than all of last year. Also he learned Hopkins is a worthy go to receiver. Rhodes may be able to cover Watkins but he can't cover Hopkins too. I'm Boyd will be sacked several times in this game, but he will also come up with some big plays to make up the yardage.

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by alabasterf View Post
    Don't forget: Clemson didn't have its best player (Watkins) against Auburn. And Clemson faced AU's new DC and OC without any tape to see what they'd do with AU's players. Obviously, MSU and ULM had the advantage of seeing what the new coordinators wanted to do.

M.W.

You can argue that Florida State hasn't been tested but neither has Clemson against a defense of our caliber. Clemson won't face a defense as physical or fast as us the entire year.
    For the 104th straight year, Clemson will play South Carolina this season. USC's defense is better than FSU's.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

"NOBODY thought Skinner would give FSU fits last week. NOBODY."

"EVERYBODY was expecting a thorough whooping of the Deacons."

Hey Mickey Spillane could you be a little more specific.
    Member of the media.

KardiacKid

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    For the 104th straight year, Clemson will play South Carolina this season. USC's defense is better than FSU's.

Both FSU's DL and entire front seven is better than SCar's. When you add in FSU's secondary, there's no question who's defense is better.
    Points Awarded:

BlacK_HazE gave KardiacKid 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

KardiacKid

Quote Originally Posted by pulledclear View Post
    "NOBODY thought Skinner would give FSU fits last week. NOBODY."

"EVERYBODY was expecting a thorough whooping of the Deacons."

Hey Mickey Spillane could you be a little more specific.
    Member of the media.
    Member of the media - I write about college football and get paid for it. I have media credentials and access. Pretty simple to understand.