Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Are these lines for next week close?!

Did my best to handicap some of the biggest games and put out a few lines....

If anyone has any thoughts on if the lines are too short or way off let me know. The more info the better, yo!

Michigan St / Notre Dame (Michigan St -3)
    Like Michigan St in this spot a little bit, but it seems like a hard game to bet. Notre Dame has more overall talent and the coaches are about equal. State has a revenge angle working, but Notre Dame blew them out so revenge may not be enough....

Tennessee / Florida (Florida -3.5)
    How good is Tennessee? Is Florida better than last year? I think 3.5 is the right number here. If you go higher than that I would imagine sharps will bet Tennessee. 3.5 may be too high here.

Mississippi / Texas (Texas -5.5)
    I like Texas in this spot a lot. If the line is Texas less than a td I will be betting Texas. Mississippi has been good at home and can play with good teams, but I just don't see Texas staying at the level they have been at the past 2 years. They rebound this season and this is the first game to make a statement.

Florida St / Wake Forest (Florida St -19.5)
    This line may be short. Tough game to handicap. I think FSU is a little overrated, but Wake does not have much talent. Todays win for Wake may have been a bit lucky and not predictive of future performance.

Stanford / USC (USC -14.5)
    Huge game.
    USC has lost to Stanford 3 straight years. Most (or all) of these players have never beat Stanford. Probably would not bet this game.

Ohio St / Cal (Ohio St -15)
    Cal is falling apart while it looks like Ohio St is coming together. Cal is not any better than UCF who Ohio St just beat by 15 but not very convincingly. 15 just seems like a decent number.

USF / Rutgers (USF -8)
    Big game in the Big East. USF has revenge on its mind. Rutgers lost their head coach and is 0-2 ats so far this year. In general though this should be a close game, and 8 may be too many points. Winner of this game is early favorite to win the conference.

BYU / Utah (BYU -3)
    Rivalry. Who the hell knows? BYU looks good and Utah looks bad, but many were hyping up Utah before the season like they could possibly beat USC. Utah has been decent off su losses the past few years.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

I was a bit off with Florida, Florida St and Texas. I like Mississippi getting more than 10 and Wake getting more than 24.
    Florida/Tenn game is a true tossup. That stadium will be going off.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

inkwell, good stuff and thank you. and dovetails with alot of my early leans too. i think creating your own lines as you did is a good exercise. clears up alot of internal confusion when the lines come out.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ole miss is not that good, Texas can kill em. And RU is not a good fave ATS. As an underdog, you need to love em because of their D. USF isn't showing much either, needed a long pass to beat Nevada the other day.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

i'd love to get tenn at home +3'. more likely though, they'll be laying 3' or 4 come kick off.