grind4moneyz
    grind4moneyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 993

Utah vs Utah St 9/7 thoughts?

I've seen similar threads posted that have provided some decent insight into the games, so I wanted to do the same thing on Utah/Utah St for tomorrow night. I know a lot of people are still looking at the UC/Pitt game, but I want to get an early look at Utah/Utah St in case the line moves similar to UC/Pitt on gameday. Currently 78% of the public is on Utah at -7/-7.5 on the road and the line has only moved ~.5.

One thing I like to see is local posters providing any kind of insight that may be helpful.

Both teams won easily over weaker competition on 8/30 in their first game this year.

Utah is returning 7 starters on Defense and 9 on Offense. QB is returning from shoulder injury.

Utah State returns 6 starters on offense and defense.

Let's get a good discussion on who you are taking, or which way you are leaning, and please include why. I need to look at it more but first look I'm leaning towards Utah and possibly the O.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

in state rivalry, home dog, better QB and so on.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

utah owns utah st...kick their ass every year...best team for Utah in a while...I'll lay the chalk

grind4moneyz

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    in state rivalry, home dog, better QB and so on.
    You consider Keeton the better QB?

The in state rivalry is what concerns me most with the spread being 7 1/2.

I know that Utah's recruiting classes are rated a ton higher then Utah State-Last 3 years average Utah~30 to Utah State~100 which means they hold a significant talent advantage.

andco1
    andco1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2715

The Utes are absolutely loaded on defense, especially the D line. Utah St has not seen a defense like this, Keeton won't have much time to throw. Utah should open up their offense much more this week after not showing much last week with a QB returning and a new OC.

Utah and Under

grind4moneyz

Quote Originally Posted by andco1 View Post
    The Utes are absolutely loaded on defense, especially the D line. Utah St has not seen a defense like this, Keeton won't have much time to throw. Utah should open up their offense much more this week after not showing much last week with a QB returning and a new OC.

Utah and Under
    The line has moved to Utah -6 1/2 despite 72% of public on Utah. Since the line came down a point already I'm going to wait and see how much more it moves since I was leaning Utah.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Utah all the way. As pointed out above they have a great defense, and they have a great offensive line, which will let quarterback Jordan Wynn pass at will. Also Utah is at home. I see no reason what so ever to consider Utah State. I personally have taken Utah in this game. It should be a fun game to watch, as I expect both teams to put points up, but I just think Utah has better over all talent on both sides of the ball.

Correction: The game is being played at Utah State.
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 09-06-12 at 10:43 PM.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

take Utah St.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7882

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Utah all the way. As pointed out above they have a great defense, and they have a great offensive line, which will let quarterback Jordan Wynn pass at will. Also Utah is at home. I see no reason what so ever to consider Utah State. I personally have taken Utah in this game. It should be a fun game to watch, as I expect both teams to put points up, but I just think Utah has better over all talent on both sides of the ball.
    no they are not sir.

Urbanwildlife

@ShogunRua,
    It is easy to say take Utah State, but that means nothing unless you want to explain to us why you feel Utah State is the team to take.

Urbanwildlife

Thank you for that correction as I thought they were. Much appreciated!

grind4moneyz

It's at Utah State. If this was at Utah, my bet would be locked in

Edit: beaten like a dog

@ShogunRua,
    It is easy to say take Utah State, but that means nothing unless you want to explain to us why you feel Utah State is the team to take.
    Agree. Care to provide insight Shogun?

benibrowns
    benibrowns's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 513

I love playing home dogs in these rivalry games!!

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14497

utah ml drop pinn 315 to 255 as of late thurs while ps soft 7 flirting with 6.5

Surebet
    Utah Ute
    Surebet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

Utah State came close to betting a very competitive SEC team last year at this time while on the road. Utes really weren't all that impressive last year as new comers to the PAC-12. Quarterback is the key?? Jordan Wynn is pathetic QB-has yet and will not live up to what is was prompted to be, injury, surgery-poor response post operatively. I was in Indiana when they played ND, watching him play, once his team gets down, he gives up-seen it in his face. My favorite team in the world is UTES, but believe me-a Win only dependent on Wynn will result in a loss. D-fence and John White, whom will be the primary target once they realize the passing game is OUT!

My money-Utah; by 7. (my favorite team, mind you)
    Best of Luck...

Urbanwildlife

Nice post Surebet!

Surebet
    Utah Ute
    Surebet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

Thanks, Good Luck to us today!