chieq
    Update your status
    chieq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1534

Northwestern vs. Vandy

I didn't get to see the Vandy vs. SC game but I did get to see the northwestern game. I love them at +3 1/2. I feel like I missing something. I watched highlights and looked at the stats and Vandy didn't look like they were world beaters all of a sudden. I think Northwestern is a better program overall and they have some explosive players. I must be missing something. Anyone that saw Vandy can you chime in why you think they're favored here? Does Vandy finally have SEC quality talent? SC is always a slow starter so I think they're over valuing the defensive play by Vandy.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by chieq View Post
    I didn't get to see the Vandy vs. SC game but I did get to see the northwestern game. I love them at +3 1/2. I feel like I missing something. I watched highlights and looked at the stats and Vandy didn't look like they were world beaters all of a sudden. I think Northwestern is a better program overall and they have some explosive players. I must be missing something. Anyone that saw Vandy can you chime in why you think they're favored here? Does Vandy finally have SEC quality talent? SC is always a slow starter so I think they're over valuing the defensive play by Vandy.
    Syracuse and South Carolina are two completely different teams.
    Vandy has recruited well the past few seasons, secondary is lights out, Aaron Rodgers' little brother is the real deal.

Take Vandy if you play this game. They are an SEC team on the rise.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Vandy is more physical than NWU. I like NW offense but that's about it. I'd have to lean Vandy.

guy Fawkes
    guy Fawkes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post
    Syracuse and South Carolina are two completely different teams.
    Vandy has recruited well the past few seasons, secondary is lights out, Aaron Rodgers' little brother is the real deal.

Take Vandy if you play this game. They are an SEC team on the rise.
    I have to disagree about Jordan Rodgers. He is far from "the real deal". He rattles incredibly easily, has zero composure in the pocket and fires interceptions like he was playing for the defense. He does have a good receiving corp to throw to and they may make him look good from time to time, but the YAC make him look much better than he is (and even then his stats are far from spectacular).

I don't have much of an opinion on this game just yet, I would lean towards Vandy (without research) because of their D.
    Last edited by guy Fawkes; 09-04-12 at 11:19 PM.

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Vandy looked very tough and gave a good South Carolina team everything it could handle. I am rolling with Vandy!

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

I watched both games and agree with many of you, Vandy would be the pick for all the reasons previously stated. Not much more to add.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Northwestern's secondary is attrocious. I stopped counting how many 30yd+ passes they gave up in the 2nd half.

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

I like Vanderbilt by at least a touchdown...

Azshadios
    Azshadios's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1607

cant go against Aaron Rodger's brother

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Vandy wins in the trenches all day long. Vandy has quicker stronger players on both sides of the ball. Weak NW secondary will get exposed and the reality of going against a top 20 D will bring NW O crashing to reality. Vandy should be -7 minium here. I could write pages about the game, but to put it simply, expect a good ole fashion southern lynching.

chieq
    Update your status

I appreciate the responses. I'm staying away from this one.

Dirty Bay Player
    Dirty Bay Player's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the over (54). Northwestern's defense is soft. But they run a quick offense, the QB gets the ball out of his hands quickly, and there will be some big plays. If you didn't see them play against Syracuse, one of their backs (also a return guy who took one to the house, almost two) is a speedster who i believe will break loose at least once in this game. I think there will be frequent scoring in this game.

chieq
    Update your status

Losers like to lose.