Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capping and Discussions: Saturday October 14th, 2006

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Take Houston 1H, I know So Miss is going to sit at least one starter for disciplinary reasons, maybe two or more in the 1st half of this game. Good chance Houston will cover the spread for the game as well though I am staying off it, they are beat up in a lot of areas of this football team.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Patrick,

where did you get this information?...thanks in advance...

Patrick McIrish

Pags, actually a buddy of mine that I play poker with lives and breathes USM football, he told me about it. It was funny, we met for lunch at Popeyes and I was there taking notes the whole time, LOL. Anyway I forgot I posted this here (since I didn't post it anywhere else) and couldn't find a link the other day that backed up what he said. Tonight I just got home and looked again, this isn't real informative but it does mention it. This guy Fletcher is a freshman but he's a real stud running the ball, they are going to sorely miss him the first half. Anyway like I said this doesn't go in great detail but it does mention it and cofirm what he told me, hope this helps.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefoo...rt/USM/9720476

SCOUTING THE OFFENSE

True freshman TB Damian Fletcher ran for 95 yards in the first half against Tulsa, but once the Golden Hurricane found a way to hold him to 17 yards in the second half, Southern Miss was unable to move the ball with any consistency. QB Jeremy Young started, but a combination of turf toe, dropped passes and his own missed opportunities put him on the sideline for good late in the first half with only three completions and 25 yards on 12 attempts. QB Stephen Reaves did some positive things late in both halves, but for the most part he struggled, so the Golden Eagles are looking forward to getting Young back this week. The tough part will be getting enough offensive production to survive the start with Fletcher and TE Shawn Nelson suspended for a half.

Patrick McIrish

Here's another one Pags..

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/teamRep...gyAndPersonnel

I got a big position on Houston in the 1st half, also took a small bit 1st half under as well. USM's QB is banged up, that turf toe doesn't sound serious but it really lingers on. Without Fletcher pounding the ball on the ground think they got real problems moving the ball the first half. Also TE is not going to be playing either.....

Hope this helps.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Patrick,

I really appreciate this info...thanks...