CapperGuy
    CapperGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 698

Byu -11

After examining both of these squads I just don't see Washington State being capable of sticking around for long. Everyone is expecting Mike Leach to some how miraculously come out of nowhere and be able to "air raid" a seasoned BYU squad who happen to be returning plenty of starters. BYU will dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Provo is going to be on fire and BYU will be looking to win another home opener. The BYU secondary worries me a little bit but after researching their scouting reports it's pretty clear they have focused a lot on it (especially Marquees Wilson). I think they should be able to get some stops because they won't have a choice but to abandon the run game early and prevent Washington State from moving the chains. I have no doubt that Nelson and company will tear through Washington State's defense like swiss cheese both in the air and on the ground. In the end I think the younger team are in way over their heads against a team who I believe to be an elite team. This may be the only solid play of the night in my opinion. Please feel free to give me some feedback on this, thanks guys! BOL

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

Did you remeber to look at the WRs for WSU? look at them and then hedge your bet with the OVER

CapperGuy

Yea they are potent for sure, I believe they are too 1 dimensional and will get desperate in this game...Too much pressure for Jeff Tuel and Mike Leach at an out of control Provo stadium. I went to one of their games, they get wild out there....Very hostile environment for a team trying to find their identity.

CapperGuy

Everyone will probably think I'm crazy but the under TT Washington State seems pretty tempting as well, contrary to what most people are thinking.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Still amazed it's falling so much, a lot of BYU haters. I'm hoping it hits -10. What a change that would be.

Taco MacArthur
    Taco MacArthur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I've got them at -11.5...pretty confident with that number.

CapperGuy

Nice, yea any number under 13 I think should be good for BYU to cover IMO. WSU's Oline is going to get crushed and Tuel will have no time to make "BIG" things happen. BYU will run the ball well, roll nelson out to make smart passes and should cover double digit spread when it's over and done with! I'm so excited for this game.

ConferenceChalk
    2013 YTD: 42-35-1
    ConferenceChalk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 164

i've heard more passion from both sides of this than I can think of for any other game. I like BYU but I think I'm out...I dont know what to expect from Wazzu. Too risky

CapperGuy

Yea, too much talk about this game because it means a lot to both schools. I don't blame you CC for staying away

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leach went to Wazzu because of the instant talent he knew he had at the QB and WR spots...

You don't need that much of a line if the ball is out in 1-2 seconds... which is what his offense does...

I expect BYU to squeak by which is why I am taking Wazzu +12

People forget that this Washington State team was only only down 5 to Oregon in Austzen last season... they have talent, now they have a coach.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CapperGuy View Post
    Everyone will probably think I'm crazy but the under TT Washington State seems pretty tempting as well, contrary to what most people are thinking.
    POUND!

I decided to pull the trigger on BYU and also wanting to stab at the Under I just don't see how WSU 'air raid' is going to be successful this game

BYU is ready and wants this people counting out a senior qb their motivation is at an all time high and want to make a statement

Smutbucket

BYU secondary is how the air raid will be successfulll.....

CapperGuy

BYU needs the exposure, just signed the prime time deal with ESPN to help them do just that. Coming from an Independent division this says a lot! They are hungry and they have the talent to be amongst the elite. NO WAY in hell WSU stands a chance tonight. Everyone is drinking this hype about all the talent WSU have and their new coach going there for a reason, well it's not that simple. Things don't develop that quickly for a team, especially a team that lacks depth and has ZERO defense. this will be the stamped beatdown of the night. I just don't see this game unraveling any other way, I've spent hours breaking it down. On BYU -11 pretty big. BOL to everyone tonight

Smutbucket

you guys are crazy. Im not saying BYU wont cover....Im just saying this is BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY. do you realize the school is a PRIVATE RELIGOUS school that has MANY rules/sanctions/relgulations.....such as students are not permitted to have sex, What top recruits/athletes first though to their head is BYU? none? In fact BECAUSE OF THEIR RELIGOUS BELIEFS they have a MUCH MORE LIMITED, pool of players to recruit/would want to go to BYU than schools like WSU.....

saying all this I still think BYU could cover/be a close game at the end though....but why sweat it out? just take the over....guaranteed ;-)

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19046

I've spent hours breaking it down[/QUOTE]

... and u still came up with the losing pick

rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big number to play out of the gate. BOL if you do.

CapperGuy

I hope that money line keeps dropping to something that makes sense for me to pull the trigger on. I Can't bite on the over simply because BYU will have a lot of possession and have the lead, they'll run the ball a lot which will ultimately drain the clock. I see WSU not scoring as much as people anticipate. But if WSU break down that secondary then, yes, it can definitely become a track meet.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Provo is a tough place to play...but BYU always chokes these games. Still, -11 for me too

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    you guys are crazy. Im not saying BYU wont cover....Im just saying this is BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY. do you realize the school is a PRIVATE RELIGOUS school that has MANY rules/sanctions/relgulations.....such as students are not permitted to have sex, What top recruits/athletes first though to their head is BYU? none? In fact BECAUSE OF THEIR RELIGOUS BELIEFS they have a MUCH MORE LIMITED, pool of players to recruit/would want to go to BYU than schools like WSU.....

saying all this I still think BYU could cover/be a close game at the end though....but why sweat it out? just take the over....guaranteed ;-)

rules are made to be broken my friend, in fact some things are just more fun when you not supposed to do them ..i have byu teased down but i agree with you should be lots o points in this one..

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Think I'll try over 65
    GL

venture
    venture's Avatar Become A Pro!

spread has gone from -12 to -13.5 in last couple hours.

CapperGuy

Yea huge money has been on BYU all day, I see the line shifting another half point before kickoff! I booked them at -11 and got them big on the ML at -450 as well.

2daBank

i have them teased dont to -6 but think ill grab some str8 -13...feeling the mormons lighting up cougs d here..

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

no idea about these teams but im on board lol

CapperGuy

Yea I pounded them hard, feeling fairly confident. I still dunno about the over, it's risky with everyone so confident about that when WSU may or may not be able to turn this into a track meet. Took the ML -470 to win 5k on BYU just to be on the safe side

CapperGuy

I have them at -11 as well

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Good luck with your bets! BYU is clearly the only class team in this one. They return almost all their starters, have a huge homefield edge, and will pull away. WSU has to learn the nuances of the system.

Even in their close game against Oregon last year, WSU looked like a glorified high school team. BYU returns soo many players, Provo fans going nuts in the moutain air, all BYU's skill players returning, they are a solid team who seldom loses at home to anyone, ended last season 10-3 winning a bowl 6-1 at home, they should smash WSU. I bet 1/2 unit on BYU -11.5 and the under 66 last night, GL!

diehardfan
    diehardfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

The BYU defense sucks. Wash St had a top 10 passing offense last year and Leach has a veteran QB to work with. Wash St will put up points. Right now Wash St +13 is a solid play.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by diehardfan View Post
    The BYU defense sucks. Wash St had a top 10 passing offense last year and Leach has a veteran QB to work with. Wash St will put up points. Right now Wash St +13 is a solid play.
    certainly you are not implyin gthe suck any more than wazzo d?

CapperGuy

We are on the same page with our research it looks like. I believe the under will also cash as WSU are too 1 dimensional and will probably struggle in a hostile environment with a young team and new coaching strategies. Let's get this bro!

diehardfan

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    certainly you are not implyin gthe suck any more than wazzo d?
    I didn't say anything about the Wazzo D did I? People are acting like this is going to be a blowout and BYU is going to be pulling away. The 2 best offenses BYU played last year were TCU and Utah and they gave up a combined 92 points in those 2 games. I just don't believe this is an easy cover for BYU. Leach has a veteran QB and WRs to work with. They'll be plenty of points and Wash St could pull an outright upset.
    At +13, Wash St is a solid play.

CapperGuy

I have more on the ML than the spread, so as long as they win I'm not complaining. BOL to everyone. WSU will struggle though IMO

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by diehardfan View Post
    I didn't say anything about the Wazzo D did I? People are acting like this is going to be a blowout and BYU is going to be pulling away. The 2 best offenses BYU played last year were TCU and Utah and they gave up a combined 92 points in those 2 games. I just don't believe this is an easy cover for BYU. Leach has a veteran QB and WRs to work with. They'll be plenty of points and Wash St could pull an outright upset.
    At +13, Wash St is a solid play.

i wasnt trying to put words in your mouth bro...im not sold on total blowout as i teased byu to -6 with sc-.5....provo a tough place to play and not sure a team in such transition will be ready but i certainly been wrong before...at least one of us will cash..

Look4Cover
    Look4Cover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

I agree with the original poster of this thread.

diehardfan

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i wasnt trying to put words in your mouth bro...im not sold on total blowout as i teased byu to -6 with sc-.5....provo a tough place to play and not sure a team in such transition will be ready but i certainly been wrong before...at least one of us will cash..
    I didn't mean to sound rude. I think both defenses will struggle. And you never know what you'll see with a totally new coaching staff. Hopefully it's a good game.