CharlestonCock
    Achilles tendon rupture SUCKS!!!
    CharlestonCock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

SEC Football: Every Game, Every Week

This will be my first year making picks and posting in a thread. I tore my Achilles tendon a month ago and have been stuck doing nothing but researching SEC football, specifically the Gamecocks (Alma Mater). But I'm going to make picks for every SEC game every week and keep track of them here. I will pick against the spread and make straight up picks as well. I won't be playing every game but most of them I will. This will just be something fun for me to keep me entertained and maybe I can win some money along the way to help out with medical bills.

Some picks will have write ups, some won't. I'll try to be as objective as possible and toss out my Garnet goggles. With that said lets get started with week 1. Thursday can't come soon enough!

CharlestonCock

Week 1 Thursday Games

THURSDAY 8/30

South Carolina at Vanderbilt

This isn't your daddy's Vanderbilt team, they are stacked with returning starters with talent! Their offense returns Rodgers at QB, Stacy at RB, Matthews at WR, and a nicely experienced offensive line. Last year SC struggled against this defense that looks to be much improved this season.

Last Year: SC won 21 - 3. It was an ugly game for both sides as SC Garcia threw 4 INT's and Rodgers and Larry Smith were sacked a combined 6 times. The difference maker was SC Marcus Lattimore with a 55 yd TD reception and 20 yard rushing TD.

This Year: Vandy is improved and I expect them to be able to move the ball early on SC. I expect Vandy to hang in there for 3 quarters, however I think SC's talent and physicality will wear them down eventually.

Final Score: SC 28 - 17. Rolling with SC at -7. **I bet it a few weeks ago at -6.5 but for the record I will go with -7 as thats whats available now.

Texas A&M at Louisiana Tech

I have to admit, as Texas A&M is a new SEC school I haven't paid them much attention in the past. As it appears to me, the only question on their offense is going to be Redshirt Freshman QB Johnny Manziel. There are only 5 returning starters on the depth chart for D but a number of guys returning with PT from last season. They will start Fr CB De'Vante Harris which could play into LA Tech's strength of passing. LAT Tech won the WAC last year with an outstanding offensive team. Their QB Colby Cameron returns for his final season with top WR Quinton Patton and RB Hunter Lee.

The last time they played was 2010 with a 48-16 loss for the Bulldogs.

This year: I expect TAMU could get caught looking ahead to next week when the play Florida but I wouldn't bet on it. This is looking to be an offensive game where both teams should put up some points. Much like the SC/Van game, I expect LA Tech to hang in there with the Aggies but for TAMU to put it away in the 4th.

Final Score: TAMU 38 - 28. Take TAMU -7

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

nice info....i see the SC game close as well....but have them getting it done....a late vandy TD to cover wouldnt shock me...could see SC up 13 with 5 mins and end up not covering...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Good luck, Im against you on A&M though...

CharlestonCock

I agree Papertrail, a late Vandy cover wouldn't shock me either. I remember last season, having a nice bet on SC against Miss St, the spread was -3. We were leading 14 to 10 and with Miss St in the red zone about to score. They turned the ball over and I'm thinking, "Hell yea!" What do you know, we lose yards and get backed up in the end zone. Coach Spurrier tells Connor Shaw to run it out of the back of the end zone as time expires, thus the final score of 14 to 12. It took me a while to get over that one.

Louisville, I can see LA Tech keeping it close. Its hard to say what the Fr QB is going to do for A&M. If he struggles and the Aggies fall to the Bulldogs, I wouldn't be shocked but the Aggie faithful sure will.

I'm going to work on the write up's for the rest of the weekend's games tomorrow and Wednesday. Just two more days!

GoVols817
    GoVols817's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

USC/Vandy is a bad line. South Carolina will look nothing like they did last season and Vandy has gotten a little full of themselves over the offseason.

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

USC back down to -6.5 at bookmaker

making me paranoid

blowseq
    Status? What status?
    blowseq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Good luck! have a great season!

FrattyCapper22
    FrattyCapper22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonCock View Post
    I agree Papertrail, a late Vandy cover wouldn't shock me either. I remember last season, having a nice bet on SC against Miss St, the spread was -3. We were leading 14 to 10 and with Miss St in the red zone about to score. They turned the ball over and I'm thinking, "Hell yea!" What do you know, we lose yards and get backed up in the end zone. Coach Spurrier tells Connor Shaw to run it out of the back of the end zone as time expires, thus the final score of 14 to 12. It took me a while to get over that one.

Louisville, I can see LA Tech keeping it close. Its hard to say what the Fr QB is going to do for A&M. If he struggles and the Aggies fall to the Bulldogs, I wouldn't be shocked but the Aggie faithful sure will.

I'm going to work on the write up's for the rest of the weekend's games tomorrow and Wednesday. Just two more days!
    I was attending that game, and my buddy had bet against us, and we all gave him hell when Shaw took the safety. One of the stranger ways to cover a spread.

In other news, good luck this year. I will be checking back every once in a while, because I, myself, am an SEC guy as well. I have done pretty well in the past two years, so be sure to check my thread out as well. Also, you can look at my 2011 Thread to see documented plays from last year.

CharlestonCock

Quote Originally Posted by GoVols817 View Post
    USC/Vandy is a bad line. South Carolina will look nothing like they did last season and Vandy has gotten a little full of themselves over the offseason.
    Care to elaborate?

Pew Pew: I see its gone down to -6.5 at 5Dimes also and the ML was at -290 last night and has dropped to -260. I tend to think the public is waking up and starting to bet a little on the game but who knows, it could be the pro's??? Coach Franklin had an impressive press conference yesterday calling the game "Vandy's Super Bowl."

Thanks blows!

Yea the game really got me, it was hard to gamble again after that safety killed the spread. Thanks for the luck fratty and I will definitely check out your thread.

CharlestonCock

Week 1 Friday Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game 1

Tennessee vs. North Carolina State

I think all SEC football fans are looking forward to this one Friday night. There certainly is a lot of optimism surrounding the UT program this season and for good reason. Sure the loss of Da'Rick Rogers is going to sting a little but the Vol's have depth at WR a pair of JR's Justin Hunter, Cordarrelle Patterson and SR Zach Rogers. Throwing to them is JR Tyler Bray who has a cannon and some impressive numbers from the past two seasons (even though he missed 5 games last year.) NC State boasts about its secondary and they do have some talent there with CB David Amerson but the Pack is weak in the linebacking core. Its going to be interesting to see what they do to handle that situation b/c LB's are vital to every aspect of the defense. On offense, the Wolf Pack is lead by Mike Glennon who had a good season last year replacing Russell Wilson. The problem is he has lost almost all of his WR's from last year except for Bryan Underwood but he's out with an injury. This offense will need some guys to step up and fast. The Vol's look very good on D with a lot of experience. The Vol's brought in 7 JC transfers, 4 of which will make up the starting D-Line. We will see a transition from the 4-3 to the 3-4 base D and anyone who knows football, know this is easier said than done. There will certainly be growing pains and a learning curve but I feel good about this Vol team.

The last time they played, well was the beginning of WWII with Tenn winning 13 - 0 in 1939. In fact these teams have only played twice with NC St winning 16 - 0 in 1911.

This Year: This will be the 3rd time under Coach O'Brien that the Pack has opened up with an SEC team going 0-2 against the Gamecocks in 08 and 09. I don't see it fairing well for them this year either. The Vol's return too much experience this season and had favorable recruiting in the off season. I think the NC St D will have some issues and Tyler Bray will be able to make some big plays with the help of a solid receiving core.

Final Score: Tenn. 31 - 21. Take the Vol's to cover -3

CharlestonCock

Week 1 Saturday's Slate Part 1

Buffalo at Georgia

I'm not going to spend much time on this game. It might as well be considered a scrimmage as UGA will man handle this team regardless of suspensions. UGA has a very favorable schedule and teams like Buffalo just sweeten the cake. I guess playing Boise St last year in the opener proved to much of a challenge for the Bulldog's so they had to go back to inferior opponents. None the less, I respect this UGA team and I expect Coach Richt will come out, run the score up to keep the UGA faithful happy, and start looking ahead to week 2 when they travel to Columbia, MO.

Final Score: UGA 48 - 0. Take UGA to cover -38

Bowling Green at Florida

This will be a much needed tune up game for the Gator's as their offense seemed nonexistent towards the end of last season. It appears the QB controversy between the two Sophomores Brissett and Driskel will possibly be settled in this game as they plan to play both QB's in a rotation in the 1st half and go with the better of the two in the 2nd. Florida's D should be considered elite this year and I think time will prove it. I'll get a little more in depth with this team next week when they travel to Texas A&M.

Final Score: UF 38 - 7. Take UF to cover -29

Auburn vs. Clemson - Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game 2

Another highly anticipated game for SEC fans everywhere and certainly looking forward to it. Both teams have had some off the field issues with players resulting in early suspensions. Clemson's stud WR Sammy Watkins will be out and recently Auburn had to suspend their Center Reese Dismukes as well as Senior WR DeAngelo Benton. Auburn will start two Freshmen and two Sophomores on the O-Line Saturday night and with an unproven QB Kiehl Frazier under center, its not looking promising. Auburn was anemic on offense at times last year so the have brought in a new OC, Scott Loeffler from Temple. All I think about when it comes to Clemson defense is that Orange Bowl last year where West Va hung 70 on them, OUCH! Seven starters are back but the losses will be hard to replace. They have also brought in a new DC Brent Venables which should improve this Defense drastically. On Offense, Clemson should be just as potent in the passing attack with record setting QB Tahj Boyd. Despite WR Watkins suspension and the TE Dwayne Allen moving on to the NFL, WR Hopkins is still a threat. The O-line took the biggest hits but will be anchored by SR Center Dalton Freeman and JR Brandon Thomas who can play T or G. Auburn's defense was not good last year allowing an average 405.8 YPG. They look to be improved this season as they return 10 starters and hired a new DC Brian VanGorder from the Atlanta Falcons.

Last Year: Clemson Won 38 -24 despite being down 14-0 in the 1st Qtr. Clem QB Boyd threw for 386 yds and 4 TD's which WR Sammy Watkins accounted for 155 of those yards and 2 TD's. Auburn's D struggled to stop Clemson especially on 3rd downs, Clem was 14-18.

This Year: I see a much lower scoring game this year as both D's should be improved. Clemson is going to miss Watkins for this one and both teams have question marks on O-line. This should be a tight game and it very well could come down to the team with the final possession determining its own fate.

Final Score: Clemson 21 - 20. Take Auburn +3.5

North Texas at LSU

​The LSU Juggernaut looks to be right on par to finish in the Nation's top 5 once again this year. They will start a new QB Zach Mettenberger who's experience was basically limited to some mop up duty against Northwestern last season. He's got a cannon though and plenty of weapons on offense and of course backed up by an always incredible stable of tailbacks. North Texas isn't picked to even compete in it's conference The Sun Belt, let alone compete with likes of LSU.

Last time the played was 2008, LSU won 41 - 3.

This Year: I expect Coach Miles will be tuning up his offense in this one with the new QB at the helm. North Texas doesn't return a single Secondary starter from last season, this one could get ugly. The only thing is, Miles doesn't run the score up as often as other coaches but I expect them to score at least 40 and NT not to score at all.

Final Score: LSU 49 - 0. Take LSU to cover -43

Central Arkansas at Ole Miss

Ole Miss, where do we begin? After a dismal season in 2011 and a pretty dismal decade before, we wonder what to expect under new Coach Hugh Freeze. Ole Miss has a JC transfer QB Bo Wallace who should bring some promise to this offense although they do have a QB controversy with Barry Brunetti. They also return leading WR Donte Moncrief and WR Ja-Mes Logan. Both should be good options for the new QB. RB Jeff Scott returns as well and should make for a decent option out of the backfield. The defense has talent returning as well in LB Mike Marry and DB Charles Sawyer. I think this should be a better season for Ole Miss but hell compared to last year how could it get worse??

This will be the first meeting between these two teams and it should be a win for Ole Miss, if not....they are in huge trouble.

Final Score: Ole Miss 31 - 13. No Line Available at 5Dimes

CharlestonCock

Week 1 Saturday's Slate Part II and Sunday

Jackson State at Mississippi State

Coach Mullen thinks the future is bright for his Bulldogs and why shouldn't he? They lost a few key players on both sides of the ball from last season but they should be an improved team. I won't go too in depth on the Bulldogs as they get Auburn at home week 2. Tyler Russell will be the team's QB and he has some great targets to throw too in Chad Bumphis, Arceto Clark, and Chris Smith. They lost RB Vick Ballard but his backup Ladarius Perkins looks to continue on strong behind an experienced O-line. The Defense will have a tough secondary, a pair of great LB's and returns experience along the D-line as well.

Last time they played was Coach Mullen's debut; MSU's home opener in 2009 where they easily won 45 - 7.

This Year: Jackson St is coming off it's most successful season under Coach Comegy (9-2) but they still shouldn't pose any problems for the Bulldogs.

Final Score: MSU 52 - 10. No Line available at 5Dimes.

Jacksonville State at Arkansas

Arkansas is coming off an impressive season going 11-2 with their only losses coming from the hands of LSU and Alabama. The off season was pretty quiet other than the fact Coach Petrino was caught in an adultery scandal resulting in his disbarment from the program. None the less, the Razorback faithful have high hopes once again this season as John Smith was promoted to HC. Senior QB Tyler Wilson will be at the helm once again and will be looked to light up the scoreboard. Arkansas does lose their top WR Jarius Wright to the NFL but there are still viable targets on the field. RB Knile Davis returns after missing the entire season last year to a knee injury. Davis will provide a big threat out of the backfield. The Defense looks to improve after having to rely on the O to outscore some opponents last year. LB Alonzo Highsmith returns with S Eric Bennett and a pair of monster DT's Bryan Jones and Robert Thomas. Arkansas won't face its true test until week 3 when Alabama comes to town for a 3:30 CBS SEC game of the week. You can bet they have that game circled on the calender!

Final Score: Ark 52 - 7. No line available at 5Dimes.

Southeastern Louisiana at Missouri

Missouri makes its SEC debut against an inferior opponent and rightly so as they prepare for the UGA Bulldogs in a nationally televised night game in Week 2. Junior QB James Franklin is back this season and is a true dual threat. He has upperclassmen WR's Marcus Lucas, T.J. Moe, and L'Damian Washington to target as well Senior RB Kendial Lawrence in the backfield. The Tiger's also landed a 5 Star WR this off season Dorial Green-Beckham who's been compared to the likes of Calvin Johnson. On Defense, the Tiger's are anchored by two solid LB's Andrew Wilson and Zavier Gooden as well as DE Brian Madison. We'll look at this team more closely next week for it's big game against the Bulldogs.

Final Score: Mizz 59 - 17. No line available at 5Dimes.

Alabama vs. Michigan

A top Ten match up in Week 1 featuring the defending National Champions and traditional powerhouse at Cowboy's Stadium, what more can we ask for? This game should live up to its hype and I really don't think Michigan is garnering the respect it's due. Michigan returns six starters on O including Heisman candidate Denard Robinson at QB. The down side is his top WR's have moved on and will have to replaced by some new talent stepping up. The Defense returns 8 starters with all 3 losses on the D-line. Still this Defense returns plenty of experience, particularly in the secondary and has good depth everywhere but the D-line. Alabama on the other hand, well lets just say Coach Saban isn't letting his team, who lost plenty to the NFL, take a step back. In fact their goal is to repeat as National Champions and there are a lot of folks who think they will do just that! Junior QB A.J. McCarron returns with some viable targets in WR Kenny Bell and TE Michael Williams. The loss of RB Trent Richardson will definitely leave some big shoes to fill but Coach Saban is high on RB Eddie Lacy and he will get the majority of the carries this season. The Defense lost most of its stars to the NFL but looks to be reloaded and anchored by some key returning starters LB Nico Johnson and DB Robert Lester. Its going to be a challenge this season if the Tide plans on repeating. Road trips to LSU and Arkansas as well as this season opener don't bode well for the Tide. None the less Alabama has proved year in and year out under Saban that they just keep reloading with talented players.

Previous Meetings: These two teams have never met in the regular season, only in bowl games. Orange Bowl on Jan 1, 2000 Michigan won 35 - 34 in OT, Outback Bowl Jan 1, 1997 Alabama won 17 - 14 and the Hall of Fame Bowl Jan 2, 1988 Michigan 28 - 24.

This Year: Vegas and apparently the pro gambler's aren't giving Michigan a chance as this line has risen from -12 to -14. It's certainly going to be a difficult game for Michigan but I think they can have some success moving the ball on the Tide. The question will be, what can they do to stop the Tide? We know Alabama's game plan and they will challenge Michigan to step up and play physically. I think Michigan's D can hang but not all 4 quarters. I see Alabama sealing this one up in the 4th Qtr with a long, time killing TD Drive. I think Vegas opened this line right on the money.

Final Score: BAMA 27 - 14. Take Michigan +14 or more, as the line could still rise.

SUNDAY

Kentucky at Louisville

Kentucky is coming off a 5-7 season with their last game being a win over the Vol's that ended the nation's longest losing streak to an annual opponent (26). Coach Joker Phillips has got to be feeling the seat warming up and this season doesn't appear to be any better than the last. Looking at the schedule, there are only 3 games the look winnable on the schedule (Kent St, Western Kentucky, and Samford). They do get SC, MSU, UGA, and Vandy at home but travel to Louisville, Florida, Arkansas, Missouri, and Tennessee. The offense does return QB Maxwell Smith, RB CoShik Williams, and WR La'Rod King. The defense has plenty of holes to fill but does return its D-line back with Collins Ukwu, Taylor Wyndham, Mister Cobble, and Donte Rumph. Safety Martavious Neloms returns as well. Louisville returns starters and depth on both sides of the ball. With 8 coming back on Offense and 9 on Defense, you really have to believe Louisville is going to improve on its 7-6 record from last season. Coach Strong is an up and coming HC and he has the Cardinals moving in the right direction.

Last Year: Louisville was up 24 - 10 in the 4th before a late KY TD made the final score 24 - 17. These teams have met 24 times, and have played every year since 1994 with the record being 10-8 in Lousiville's favor.

This year: I think Louisville gets back to back wins against KY due to the fact they return a tremendous amount of experience on both sides of the ball and I'm just not completely convinced that the KY players are buying what Coach Phillips is selling up there.

Final Score: Louisville 27 - 10. Take Louisville to cover -13.5

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Nice write ups...

but the games where you have the team only covering the spread by 3 points or so shouldn't be enough of an edge for a play imo...

CharlestonCock

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Nice write ups...

but the games where you have the team only covering the spread by 3 points or so shouldn't be enough of an edge for a play imo...
    I agree, and I'm not going to play them all. I was thinking about indicating which games I was going to actually play on but I decided against it just to keep the record straight. I have been here long enough to see people come in threads and argue with you over your record. I really don't care for the childish games and all. I'm just tracking picks and making predictions and hoping to make some money along the way.

CharlestonCock

Well scratch the TAMU and LA Tech game until Oct. 13. This really hurts the Aggies in a number of ways. They lose their bye week during the middle of the season, forcing them to play 12 straight weeks. Also that bye week came a week before they hosted LSU and then go on the road for 3 weeks straight against Auburn, Miss St, and Alabama.

The only benefit I can see from it is they now have extra time to put the game plan together for Florida. The downside, redshirt freshman QB Johnny Manziel will make his first start against an intimidating Florida D that should be much improved from last season. Not to mention the Aggies have new faces in the WR spots.

GoVols817

Care to elaborate?

Pew Pew: I see its gone down to -6.5 at 5Dimes also and the ML was at -290 last night and has dropped to -260. I tend to think the public is waking up and starting to bet a little on the game but who knows, it could be the pro's??? Coach Franklin had an impressive press conference yesterday calling the game "Vandy's Super Bowl."

Thanks blows!

Yea the game really got me, it was hard to gamble again after that safety killed the spread. Thanks for the luck fratty and I will definitely check out your thread.
    Sure. Losing the guy you've based your entire preseason plan around hurts your football team and breaking in a new QB at the same time doesn't help. Shaw has had plenty of time now to be ready and Lattimore is back, not to mention they now have experienced depth behind him.

Vanderbilt's confidence has grown in the offseason and morphed into unrealistic expectations. They simply don't have the players to match what they think they'll be. Every time Vandy has a "good" season, they get this way and then crumble in the next season.

Franklin can call it whatever he wants, but they don't have the horses to run with USCjr. USC will win by two TDs or more.

CharlestonCock

Quote Originally Posted by GoVols817 View Post
    Sure. Losing the guy you've based your entire preseason plan around hurts your football team and breaking in a new QB at the same time doesn't help.
    Whom are you referring?

GoVols817

Whom are you referring?
    Last year with Lattimore. They lost Latt, broke in Shaw and it made them look inept. They don't have that issue this season.

CharlestonCock

Ohhh ok, talking about last season. I was looking through my notes for Vandy to see if I had missed something for this season but I got ya.

I think SC is getting some deserved respect this season following an 11-2 season where they beat every opponent in the East only losing to Arkansas and Auburn. Really wish we had kicked Garcia off the team before Auburn. Its pure speculation but if Shaw starts that game and we win, we would have gone to Atlanta but Garcia had to screw us one more time before he left.

I just think all the noise out of Nashville (like you said full of themselves) and the media hyping this game with some of the talking heads picking Vandy to upset has skewed the opinion of people.

I really hope, as a die hard Gamecock fan, that we come out tomorrow night, take care of the football, play stellar defense, and show the nation that we are worthy of a top 10 ranking.

tmgissy
    I SAID ITS GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!!
    tmgissy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

Good write ups Charleston, Hows it going after all that flooding downtown?

CharlestonCock

Quote Originally Posted by tmgissy View Post
    Good write ups Charleston, Hows it going after all that flooding downtown?
    Thanks tmgissy. Good luck to the Gators this season. How do you feel about your team? I wouldn't know, I moved to Columbia in January. Talked to my buddy yesterday though and he said everywhere was awful.

tmgissy

Thanks tmgissy. Good luck to the Gators this season. How do you feel about your team? I wouldn't know, I moved to Columbia in January. Talked to my buddy yesterday though and he said everywhere was awful.

I think they will be stronger than last year. Not worried about the D too much. Still got some work to do on O.

CharlestonCock

SC Vandy Wrap Up

It wasn't pretty and I think Spurrier said it best himself in post presser, "We thought we were hot stuff and we about got that stuff beat out of us." This team is highly overrated at this point and I really hope that we can improve and play up to expectations.

Key Plays of the Game

1. SC LB Shaq Wilson intercepts Rodger's pass in the 1st Qtr for a 37 yard return, setting up a 29 yard TD run for Marcus Lattimore.
    2. SC QB Connor Shaw completes a 20 yard pass to TE Justice Cunningham and is absolutely rocked by Andre Hal who gets called for a 15 yard targeting penalty which goes on to set up another Lattimore TD to put the Gamecocks ahead 17 - 13.
    3. On the ensuing kickoff, SC WR Damiere Byrd makes a TD saving tackle as Andre Hal nearly takes one to the house with a 52 yard return.

SC D-line looked very good and had 5 sacks on the night. The secondary definitely looked green out there, especially on the 78 yard TD pass to Jordan Matthews. I thought the linebackers played well on Run stop but have room for improvement in coverage.

SC O-line did just enough for run block but the pass protection was wretched. Lattimore had an outstanding game with 110 yards rushing and 2 TD's, if he's not 100% he's dam sure close. The passing game was pretty much non existent despite a few key plays. You have to give Vandy's D some credit, they really stepped up and pressured the SC QB's. As a Gamecock fan, I'm just glad to get out of there with a SEC road win.

Predicted Score: SC 28 - 17 Actual Score: SC 17 - 13 Spread: SC -7

0-1 ATS 1-0 SU

Next up, the East Carolina Pirates travel to SC for the home opener and Vandy travels to play Northwestern.
    Last edited by CharlestonCock; 08-31-12 at 10:35 AM.

tmgissy

dang that game! It is going to take me a couple of good weeks betting to recoup from that one. Oh well, im all in on the cocks taking the east!

CharlestonCock

I hope you're being sarcastic. Not if they continue to perform like that. I think they will get better down the stretch and play up to their potential but a run at the East crown certainly doesn't look promising at this point.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

great work, sir.
    excellent insight.
    good luck in 2012.
    and thanks, again.
    good luck! god speed!

Big Dave's Picks
    PASS OR FAIL, BIG WEEKEND
    Big Dave's Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not so fast on that 1. SC has alot of work to do to even think abt competing for the east right now. The game was a typical boring Vandy game and Franklin it appears has done a nice job with that program. Its funny that there are certain teams your team plays against that make you look ugly and play ugly and thats Vandy. Anyhow, Im enjoying your thread and am a big SEC guy in Kentucky. Our fball team is abysmal and yes Joker is on the hot seat. Season tix are way done for the year and I just cant see the ath dept holding on to him if he has another bad year. But, the ath dept doesnt care bc bball is what they like to invest in. Dline and Oline are pretty decent but if injuries occur lookout bc we have no depth so there is 1 hint. WR and RB are by committe we have a few talented frosh wrs that are good but young and RB is nothing to brag abt. Anyhow BOL with your year and look forward to trading info and look out for my thread through the year if you want. BOL with your leg, I had the same injury 2 years ago and I almost went brokke betting LOL. Thanks, Big Dave

CharlestonCock

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyeshamus View Post
    great work, sir.
    excellent insight.
    good luck in 2012.
    and thanks, again.
    good luck! god speed!
    Thanks blackeyeshamus, glad to hear it. Good luck to you as well.

CharlestonCock

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave's Picks View Post
    Not so fast on that 1. SC has alot of work to do to even think abt competing for the east right now. The game was a typical boring Vandy game and Franklin it appears has done a nice job with that program. Its funny that there are certain teams your team plays against that make you look ugly and play ugly and thats Vandy. Anyhow, Im enjoying your thread and am a big SEC guy in Kentucky. Our fball team is abysmal and yes Joker is on the hot seat. Season tix are way done for the year and I just cant see the ath dept holding on to him if he has another bad year. But, the ath dept doesnt care bc bball is what they like to invest in. Dline and Oline are pretty decent but if injuries occur lookout bc we have no depth so there is 1 hint. WR and RB are by committe we have a few talented frosh wrs that are good but young and RB is nothing to brag abt. Anyhow BOL with your year and look forward to trading info and look out for my thread through the year if you want. BOL with your leg, I had the same injury 2 years ago and I almost went brokke betting LOL. Thanks, Big Dave
    Thanks Big Dave! Man I appreciate the BOL with the leg. I am 3 weeks post surgery today, the incision is healing up nicely. How is the leg for you 2 years after injury?

I feel for you and Kentucky. I know it wasn't too long ago that SC fans were in that same boat, then Holtz and Spurrier came along. Thanks for the insight on the KY program, how do you feel about the game Sunday night?

Big Dave's Picks
    PASS OR FAIL, BIG WEEKEND
    Big Dave's Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!

The leg is good but gives me fits in the winter at times. Rehab sucked mainly bc i lost all muscle mass and it was difficult to build back up. But im in the construction business and didnt take to long to start feeling better again. But its something I have just learned to deal with as im sure you will as well.

As for Sunday night it cld get ugly. Joker has something up his sleeve im confident abt and it cld be a 3rd string qb Jalen Whitlow or Bookie Cobbins to run the wildcat at times. Im sure Strong knows this but not to what compacity. As for UL Dominic Brown completely fooled us last year and that wont happen again. But the team that rushes for more yards wins the game everyyear so watch the weather bc Issic is goin to move through sometime in the next few days. UL defense is probably better but physically I think we can handle it for awhile but like i said abt the depth the fans are just unsure. 1 thing is certain if the play calling dosent get better from last year from Randy Sanders everyone will be packing their bags. You gave us 10 pts and thats pretty close to what im thinking. Just havent seen or heard anything to change my mind that we might actually beable to put pts on the board.

CharlestonCock

Tennessee NC St Wrap Up

Tenn really impressed me tonight in all aspects of the game. Big improvements on both sides of the ball, Bray looking razor sharp, the WR's stepping up, Defense coming up with 4 INT's....you name it, they looked good tonight.

Key Plays of the Game

1. Following Mike Glennon's 1st INT by Prentiss Waggner in the 1st Qtr, Tyler Bray hits Zach Rogers with a 72 yd TD pass leaving CB David Amerson in disbelief. Tenn would never trail again.
    2. Late in the 1st Qtr Tenn forced a safety leading to a one play 67 yd TD run by Cordarrelle Patterson that put UT on top 22 - 7.
    3. NC St would go on to make it 22 - 14 at the half but the 3rd qtr was dominated by a long 14 play, 87 yard drive, that included key receptions by Justin Hunter and capped off with a 8 yd TD run by Rajion Neal. This would prove to be the nail in the coffin for the Pack.

Just like we thought, the Tenn passing game was on the mark. Bray was 27/41 for 332 yards and 2 TD's while spreading the ball around to 10 receivers, particularly Hunter and Patterson. They even found a running game with 193 yards on the ground.

I thought the Defense played very well tonight, stepping up and making big plays when they needed. They were able to really apply pressure to Mike Glennon and it shows with 4 INT's on the evening. If Tenn can continue to play with this same intensity and improve on the mistakes, the SEC East race could get very interesting.

Predicted Score: 31 - 21 Actual Score: 35 - 21 Spread: Tenn -3 Almost nailed it!

1-1 ATS
    2-0 SU

Next game for Tenn will be the home opener against Georgia State, a tune up before Florida comes to town in Week 3.

CharlestonCock

SEC Saturday Slate

Just a review of games, picks, and predictions for today's action. **Also lines have been posted for games that were previously unavailable. The predicted scores will remain the same and picks will be made accordingly with the spread available.

12:00 PM

Buffalo
    @ #6 Georgia

UGA 48-0. Take UGA -38
    3:30 PM Bowling Green @ #23 Florida UF 38-7. Take UF -29
    7:00 PM Southeastern Louisiana @ Missouri Mizz 59-17. Take SEL +47.5
    7:00 PM Central Arkansas @ Ole Miss Ole Miss 31-13. Take C. Ark +21.5
    7:00 PM Jackson State @ Mississippi State Miss St 52-10. Take MSU - 37.5
    7:00 PM #14 Clemson vs. Auburn* Clem 21-20. Take Auburn +3.5
    7:00 PM Jacksonville State @ #10 Arkansas Ark 52-7. Take Ark -44
    7:00 PM North Texas @ #3 LSU LSU 49-0. Take LSU -43
    8:00 PM #8 Michigan vs. #2 Alabama* Bama 27-14. Take Mich +14
    Good luck today!

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Glad to see you give some props to the UT guys. Not gonna lie, this win felt great because alot of talking heads were downplaying the Vols before this game. I will say there will be some breakdowns on that defense from time to time as it shown early tonight with Wolfpack receivers running free but the aggression Sal Sunseri showed tonight was impressive. Bray, Hunter and Patterson will be fun to watch this year. Mychael Rivera didnt get worked into the fold much tonight but I really think he will be an important cog moving forward. Best of luck to USC in the future Charleston but I had to throw in a few of my thoughts tonight.

CharlestonCock

Quote Originally Posted by utmoody10 View Post
    Glad to see you give some props to the UT guys. Not gonna lie, this win felt great because alot of talking heads were downplaying the Vols before this game. I will say there will be some breakdowns on that defense from time to time as it shown early tonight with Wolfpack receivers running free but the aggression Sal Sunseri showed tonight was impressive. Bray, Hunter and Patterson will be fun to watch this year. Mychael Rivera didnt get worked into the fold much tonight but I really think he will be an important cog moving forward. Best of luck to USC in the future Charleston but I had to throw in a few of my thoughts tonight.
    No doubt about it, you have to give credit where credit is due. Feel free to add anything to the discussion, anytime. Vol Nation needed a Win like that to start the season off on the right foot. I personally don't like the Wolf Pack, so it felt good to see them lose yet another SEC opener.

Now if Auburn can pull the upset over Clemson tonight, I will be one happy SEC fan.

12 Last