mrobertsnz
    mrobertsnz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    You are wrong

A&M went 6-6 last year, and lost 2 playmakers from that average team.

They are installing a new system, and their QB is a bonehead who has already had off the field issues.

Their first game is a Thursday night affair in Shreveport, against a criminally under rated Louisiana Tech team. This LA Tech team is the real deal, should have beat TCU in the Poinsettia Bowl last year, returns pretty much everyone from that team.

Meanwhile A&M like I said, still breaking in new parts, and are more concerned with establishing themselves in the SEC than dealing with a paltry WAC team, so A&M is more focused on Florida the next week than Louisiana Tech, I think A&M is in for a real surprise, Louisiana Tech won't be the pushover or tune up they are thinking they will get.

It is at a neutral site and the crowd should be slightly partisan toward A&M, but Louisiana Tech is going to be more fired up than A&M, since Louisiana Tech is a shoe in to win the WAC so they have bigger fish to fry, while A&M like I said is more focused on the SEC.

A&M still won't play defense, and LA Tech's offense is good enough to make them pay.

Lousiana Tech will cover here, and perhaps win outright.

A&M is not a good team, they sucked last year, they will suck this year.

As far as the Wyoming/Texas game, under should be good, Wyoming's offense won't be able to move the ball against Texas, though Brett Smith Wyoming QB is pretty good, but Wyoming doesn't have the talent at the skill positions. On the other side of the ball, Texas has no offense either, both of the QBs they will use suck, so its going to be a low scoring ugly affair, along the lines of 24-7 Texas win. I like Wyoming to cover here, +29.5 is a steal, its one of the easiest picks of Week 1, no way will Texas score enough to cover. Texas will just run the ball all game, ball control, run the clock, not light up the scoreboard.
    Sharp analysis....Looks like I found someone to follow during football season.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Keep in mind froggy they outgained Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Okla St all narrow losses except Oklahoma on the road. I'm going to tell ya they will get over 500 yards, probably over 600. A bet against AnM only makes sense if you think the turnover prone QB will keep La Tech in the game. He's a year older amd is not facing a monster pressure in this one. I think you got the wrong side.
    Not sure if LA Tech will win, but I do think they will cover

This is going to be their super bowl, they are going to throw everything and the kitchen sink to try and win this game. Trick plays, gadget plays, weird schemes, everything

This game is much bigger for LA Tech because they are a shoe in to win the WAC, that conference race is not even going to be a contest, so for LA Tech's season to have meaning they have to win this game, while A&M has the SEC slate that is their priority, so they will be really vanilla trying to install the new offense and defense systems on the fly in this game while trying not to reveal too much to their SEC opponents.

A&M not playing at home against a bad team for a tune up is going to hurt them, since Sumlin's offense is complex and can be a 3 an out disaster if its not executed properly, which hurts the offense and defense. If LA Tech wins the toss they will elect to defer, and hope A&M is bad offensively trying to run that offense against a live defense for the first time. A&M has no run game to fall back on, despite their offensive line being pretty solid, but its not a run offense and they have no playmaking running backs.

A&M's defense is nothing special either, it hasn't been good in a long time, the DBs are bad. Probably the worst secondary in the SEC. Their linebackers are good, but thats it, and LA Tech will spread A&M out anyway, so hope that those linebackers can play pass coverage. Quinton Patton is better than any A&M defender, so he will be a target all game

And the biggest x-factor, special teams. A&M has what I think is the worst special teams unit in the SEC, new place kicker in an environment like this is never good, their punter is OK, and return guys are nothing special. Meanwhile LA Tech special teams are rock solid, best punter in the country named Ryan Allen, and a place kicker Matt Nelson who has made kicks. The kicking game will swing in LA Tech's favor, huge deal for pinning A&M deep and forcing them to make long drives. And field goals, huge, those 3 points will matter.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Why would a team be looking ahead in it's first game of the year??? That makes no sense.

TAM has the better players and Sumlin knows how to put up points. TAM is a physical team, NFL practices or not. My money's on them...

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Why would a team be looking ahead in it's first game of the year??? That makes no sense.

TAM has the better players and Sumlin knows how to put up points. TAM is a physical team, NFL practices or not. My money's on them...
    Because their SEC opener at home against Florida is the next week, and the biggest question facing A&M since they were admitted to the SEC is whether or not they can compete in the SEC...

If A&M's schedule looked like Lousiana Tech, Sam Houston State, South Carolina State, and SMU, there would be no need to worry about looking ahead

But since Florida is right there in Week 2, this has all the makings of a trap game

We have seen plenty of teams "look ahead" past lesser opponents in Week 1... Michigan in 2007, Texas A&M in 2008, Oklatoma/Iowa/Virginia in 2009, Ole Miss in 2010, etc.

And Sumlin knows how to put up points, but at the expense of defense. Not saying A&M won't score in this game, they will, but its not going to be the execution that Houston had either, A&M is not there yet, its their first game using the Sumlin offense against a live defense. There are going to be some quick 3 and outs.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Listen all ya fukks

why the fukk is sirjohn betting games wheh the fukk have a masion in cr.

Some of ya fukks went on a tour at thr masion

this is crazy!

jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

From what im hearing A&M secondary is better and more physical then years past and is going to be a team strength so idk where u are getting your info from.....As for the special teams yea they lost award winning Bullock but the guy replacing him was the number one Kicker for the class of 2011....Punt returner dustin harris was one of the tops in the country and True Freshman Trey Williams will be returning kicks

Mac4Lyfe

I really don't understand how you can think a team would be looking ahead when they are just looking forward to the season to start? There is no way in hell that the team, coaches or players would look ahead or take LAt for granted. If they lose this game then it's pretty obvious that they can't compete in the SEC. This is a must win, statement game for TAM. One game at a time. They can worry about Florida the next week. I've played on a lot of football teams and I've never ever seen or heard of a team looking ahead to start the season. Your theory on this is severly flawed. Fans look ahead. Coaches prepare the players the best they can for the very next game. You will be hard pressed to ever hear a coach say that they were looking ahead. Nice excuse though. Now i do believe there's sandwich games where a team is coming off an emotional, physical game then a short turnaround week where guys are banged up and hurt. That has a huge effect but first game of the season and a team looking down the schedule??? That just doesn't happen.

Your examples of teams don't substantiate your clami... Michigan didn't look ahead. They just had the perfect storm happen to them and loss to a very good app state team. Although they played poorly, they still had a great shot at winning the game albeit a blocked FG kick. It had nothing to do with them looking ahead to Oregon which who kicked their ass the very next week anyway. UM started slow that year which happens in football.

TAM was 4-8 in 2008. They obviously wasn't looking ahead to New Mexico any more than losing to Arky State. TAM flat out sucked that year and is not a good example. Same for Ole Miss and Virginia. They couldn't look ahead. They all sucked.

Oklahoma lost 5 games in 2009 so losing to a top 20 BYU team was not unusual and they obviously wasn't looking past BYU to play Idaho State the very next game???

Iowa started 2009 with 9 straight wins?? Yeah, they had a close call with NIowa to start the season but it wasn't because they were looking ahead to lousy Iowa state???

Because their SEC opener at home against Florida is the next week, and the biggest question facing A&M since they were admitted to the SEC is whether or not they can compete in the SEC...

If A&M's schedule looked like Lousiana Tech, Sam Houston State, South Carolina State, and SMU, there would be no need to worry about looking ahead

But since Florida is right there in Week 2, this has all the makings of a trap game

We have seen plenty of teams "look ahead" past lesser opponents in Week 1... Michigan in 2007, Texas A&M in 2008, Oklatoma/Iowa/Virginia in 2009, Ole Miss in 2010, etc.

And Sumlin knows how to put up points, but at the expense of defense. Not saying A&M won't score in this game, they will, but its not going to be the execution that Houston had either, A&M is not there yet, its their first game using the Sumlin offense against a live defense. There are going to be some quick 3 and outs.

larojoes
    larojoes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1332

The very first line released on this game--the one I saw anyway--was La. Tech +9.5. It then proceeded to drop to as low as +6.5. Now it's back up to +7.5 at most shops. Who is betting the number back up? The public?

jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

Yall do realize that tcu hasn't beaten a&m since 72 so for the most part I sense that froggy wants aggy to fail

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

I think people on this board are overlooking the fact that Christine Michael is back for Texas A&M. He will be one of the top rushers in the SEC behind Lattimore if he can stay healthy. The past two years Michael has had amazing starts to his season averaging 6 yards per carry but unfortunately injuries have kept him off the field. He had over 200 yards against Arkansas last year. This is his senior year and you can bet he wants to show how good he really is.

Not only that but Trey Williams a five star running back recruit has been showing a lot of promise. Also Manziel (The starting QB for A&M) is a running style quarterback. Sure Sumlin will have the Aggies passing but don't think for a second that they won't destroy La Tech at the line and run the ball at them. With offensive tackles like Joeckel returning A&M will dominate LA Techs defensive line.

Also to everyone saying La Tech should have beat TCU last year. Do you really think TCU cared about that game. They felt they got screwed in terms of bowl games and didn't show up to play. I think you guys are over analyzing already. The beginning of the season the lines aren't nearly as sharp as they should be. Good Luck to everyone but don't over look these facts as well.

I'm on A&M - 6 BIG (bought a point)

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by jakeloftin2186 View Post
    Yall do realize that tcu hasn't beaten a&m since 72 so for the most part I sense that froggy wants aggy to fail
    And they haven't played since 2001, what's your point?

Counterfeit Cash
    Bets the under 95% of the time...
    Counterfeit Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    And the game has now officially been mushed and unplayable
    Brock Lander's kiss of death, ladies & gents
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Urbanwildlife

Counterfeit Cash
    Bets the under 95% of the time...
    Counterfeit Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Listen all ya fukks

why the fukk is sirjohn betting games wheh the fukk have a masion in cr.

Some of ya fukks went on a tour at thr masion

this is crazy!
    Why on earth do most SBR members type up posts like goddamn 12 year olds?

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Because as the poster in your quote shows, they have the mentality of a 12 year old, and that is giving they wayyyyyyy to much credit.

Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

Found some good information on this game to start the week

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Taking the points and LA TECH all day!! Can't wait

Texas A & I is ALWAYS over rated, can't remember when they actually had a good football team. Yes I said A & I
    unreal

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Louisiana Tech
    After breaking through with a long-awaited WAC title, the Bulldogs are looking to control the watered-down league once again. It’s Year 3 for head coach Sonny Dykes, whose fast-paced offensive system has started to sink in with the personnel. Tech will go about as far as the attack will take it, which could be a long way. QB Colby Cameron caught a lot of folks by surprise last fall, supplanting Nick Isham, and helping guide his team to seven straight wins. He’ll be flanked by a solid supporting cast that includes a veteran O-line and next-level WR Quinton Patton. With Texas A&M, Illinois and Virginia on the docket, Dykes is capable of notching a signature win in the first month.
    On Upset Alert: Texas A&M (Aug. 30)

Urbanwildlife

Hey Balco,
    You posted on another thread that you could get Oregon at -34 so why are you not responding to us inquiring minds that want to know where you saw this line, could it be because it never existed??????

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Hey Balco,
    You posted on another thread that you could get Oregon at -34 so why are you not responding to us inquiring minds that want to know where you saw this line, could it be because it never existed??????
    Check out Odd Shark as they have the opening line at -33. Vegasinsider had them at -31.

Urbanwildlife

Thank you, and my apologies.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Walker trying to bury the forum

Louisiana Tech for the max!

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

this is the way the forum should be...not betting on the over under on romneys dirty underwear

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

None of the ESPN guys think A&M is even going to win the 7 games they need to win to make a bowl game

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Is there a chance this game will be cancelled?

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

None of the ESPN guys think A&M is even going to win the 7 games they need to win to make a bowl game
    Of course not, they are nearly the worse team in their conference.

Everyone and granny jumping on the over. I'm cooling down on that over. In fact I love Under 32 in the first half. A&M is pretty strong on the D line.

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

When have they ever thought A&M was going to win or given A&M any credit in anything (not saying they deserve much but still). ESPN pays the TEXAS LONGHORNS for a network that nobody buys because the longhorns are awfully overrated every year and the Longhorns hate any other Texas school in the media. The only reason Baylor got hype was because RGIII. The Longhorns hlep control ESPN and the Longhorns hate ESPN.

Also when is ESPN ever right? They say what everyone wants to hear to make more money. ESPN is very BIAS. I hope people don't actually cap their games from what a guy on ESPN is told to read off a teleprompter.

Mac4Lyfe

Are you really using ESPN guys as a guide???

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

line is down to -7 now. interesting

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

cause of the weather a lot of people are saying if they still play it on that date the under is the best bet

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    cause of the weather a lot of people are saying if they still play it on that date the under is the best bet
    I didn't realize how slow this Trop storm is moving. Its gonna still be in LA on Thursday morning. **** this storm if it messes this game up. At least it shouldnt be Katrina damage though.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Ugh, I hope the storm doesn't mess this game up

If the field conditions are wet and sloppy, A&M should be favored due to the bigger offensive lines and Louisiana Tech will have a harder time exploiting A&M's weak secondary in the passing game. Also I think A&M'S QB sucks so if he doesn't throw the ball, he won't throw the interceptions LA Tech will need in this game.

First 12