SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tony George: Take Tigers at Texas Tech

Take Tigers at Texas Tech

Game Time: 10/7/2006 7:00:00 PM
    By: Tony George
    http://www.phoenixsports.com

Article Actions

Take the points and Missouri on Saturday when the Tigers head to Lubbock to face Texas Tech.

I like the vesting Tigers in this game, as Chad Daniels has done a terrific job of filling the shoes of all world QB Brad Smith (now with the Jets), at quarterback this season, and the Tigers are 5-0 for the first time since 1981.

Missouri leads the way with a very balanced attack, one of the best defense's by the numbers in Division I right now, and face a Tech team that has not met expectations and struggled in every game they played against a quality opponent. The Raiders lost to TCU and were outplayed huge last week but snuck out a win at Texas A&M.

The Tigers have put up more points per game than Tech, which is a shocker, and Tech only runs the ball for 80 yards a game. More balance, a solid defense and a good QB, not discounting Harrell's numbers for Tech at 15 TDs and two picks, but overall the better fundamentals are with the Tigers.

Missouri 33 Texas Tech 30 - The Dog Bites on Saturday in Lubbock

Play: Missouri +4½

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Missouri can not win on the road. With that being said I like Texas Tech in this spot.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Is it possible that the Missouri Tigers are overrated? I think so. The Red Raiders should win this one.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

no opinion here, but it should be one helluva game...