gwills
    gwills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

GWills' NCAAF Thread 2012-13

How's it going guys?

I had an NCAA basketball thread where i posted my plays last season, and I think some people got something out of it. I have always bet football even more heavily than basketball, but have never made a thread with my plays. I know a lot of these things get ignored, thats fine, but it just helps me keep track of stuff when I make a thread, and personally, I just enjoy hearing what other people have to say about my picks.

If you want to follow season-long, cool. If not, ok. Tryin' to make a season long profit here, so any comments, thoughts, whatever are welcome! I bet the same amount every game, and rarely will make a 2X play.

I don't usually like future bets, but I do like these to start this season, I have already put these down cause I like them so much. I won't be making any more most likely and will wait to bet week-by-week until the season starts.

Picks:
    National Championship - LSU +400
    Big Ten Champion - Wisconsin +200
    ACC Coastal Div. Champion - Va. Tech EV

I like LSU a lot. Not buying the USC preseason hype. If its those two teams matched up at the end I LOVE my chances. USC has an unproven defense and will not have seen an SEC, LSU caliber defense all season. The Tigers get Bama at home and I don't see them losing elsewhere.

Wisconsin is honestly a lock to get to the Big Ten Championship game. Penn St. and Ohio St. have postseason bans. I don't know about you guys, but Illinois, Indiana and Purdue are not exactly stiff competition. With that said, I liked the Badgers to win the Big Ten without these bans, but the fact that they only have to essentially win one game makes it a good future bet in my opinion.

VaTech wins the Coastal easily. All the other teams in their division are just gonna beat each other up.

Peace. Feel free to post thoughts.

gwills

Week 1 plays:

Michigan State -7
    Washington -14

Considering Rutgers -20 but not sure yet. Honestly I will probably just pass on that. Also considering Western Michigan +10.5.

Washington is underhyped going into this season in my opinion. They lost that good back Polk but their offense is returning back strong. This feels like a game where Washington's offense will be lead by Price and will just be runnin' up a score for the hometown fans. -14 is tasty.

Michigan State looks great to me too. Boise lost all their leaders and playmakers on offense, and I believe they have very few returning starters on D. The "Chris Peterson factor" scares me, but I just don't think they'll have enough. MSU's defense will be awesome this year.

ConferenceChalk
    2013 YTD: 42-35-1
    ConferenceChalk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 164

Those are my two favorite plays as well. Great minds think alike.

I also feel great about Nebraska -19, Ohio State -22.5, and Iowa State +1. Tulsa is breaking in a new QB, and Iowa State isn't dreadful. Why they are a home dog to rebuilding C-USA team is beyond me.

Starting to also feel that Penn State -6.5 is too low to pass up but hard to sort out logically with the mess they are in.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Gl

gwills

Thanks guys.

Chalk, I was also looking at Iowa State and Ohio State too with the same thoughts.

gwills

Updated Week 1 plays:

Michigan State - 7
    Washington -14
    South Carolina -5.5
    Nebraska -19.5

Good luck to all. I'm pretty tired so I'm not gonna write up the SC game, but will probably make some comments about Nebraska - So. Miss sometime soon.

gwills

Rough start, 1-2 so far.

Adding Michigan +14