SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike Rose: UCF, Marshall Over 44

UCF, Marshall Over 44

Game Time: 10/4/2006 7:30:00 PM
    By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com

With both defenses suspect, look for the Central Florida-Marshall matchup tonight to go over 44 points in West Virginia.

With each club having major deficiencies on the defensive side of the ball, I'm expecting both offensive units to put forth their best efforts of the young season.

This series has historically been low scoring, but I'm looking for a wrench to be thrown into that trend this evening. This certainly isn't the prettiest matchup ESPN could have dished out on a Wednesday night, but it's weeknight college football and many across the land will no doubt have a rooting interest. Both of these squads are flat-out dawgs, but I have a gut feeling that this could turn out to be one of the more entertaining games of the midweek games to date.

Marshall's offensive bread and butter has been its ground attack. However, the Golden Knights defend the run well, but they're an absolute sieve when it comes to defending pigskins thrown in the air. Central Florida is allowing opponents to pass for 298 YPG, and of the 12 TDs they've surrendered this year, nine came via the pass.

Marshall's defense has been balanced all year long in that it gives up a ton of yardage on the ground and in the air. They've allowed opponents to convert 45% of their 3rd-down tries and a whopping 94% of their red zone chances. In other words, the only time the Thundering Herd's defense has gotten off the field is after they allowed their opponent to score.

Play: UCF-Marshall Over 44

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a small lean towards Marshall in this game myself tonight.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

hopefully we'll see more points than last night...