SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ross Benjamin: Take Home Tigers & Points vs. Vols

Take Home Tigers & Points vs. Vols

Game Time: 9/30/2006 12:00:00 PM
    By: Ross Benjamin
    http://www.phoenixsports.com

Memphis, playing at home, will hang close enough to the Tennessee Vols to make those 13½ points the Tigers are getting more than enough.

Tennessee plays its first road game of the season after beginning the season with four straight home games.

They won’t have to go far to play in-state rival Memphis. As per usual, this game takes on a whole lot more meaning for Memphis than it does for the Volunteers. Memphis comes off a 35-20 loss at East Carolina that resulted in the firing of veteran defensive coordinator Joe Lee Dunn.

Tennessee enters the game knowing they have a big SEC showdown at Athens next week where they take on the Georgia Bulldogs. Memphis is 6-0 ATS in their last six meetings versus Tennessee. The Tigers are also 4-0 ATS in the last four seasons as a home underdog.

Tennessee is not a very good value as a favorite in recent years going just 4-14 ATS in their last 18 games in that role.

Play: Memphis +13½

Don Dollars
    Don Dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would like it to hit 14. With all of the public attention on Tennessee....one would think it will.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wanted to take them earlier this week, but they didn't make the cut for me...