SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pacific Star: EMU +4½ vs. CMU

EMU +4½ vs. CMU

Game Time: 9/23/2006 3:30:00 PM
    By: Pacific Star
    http://www.who2beton.com

Look for Eastern Michigan to prove to be rude hosts when Central Michigan comes calling this Saturday.

We really liked this matchup when we saw it a week ago before the line came out.

Eastern Michigan 4-2 ATS in their last six vs. the Chippawaws and won last year 23-20 after a a 61-58 win in 2004.

The Eagles gave Michigan St all they could handle for more than three quarters before losing, led at Ball State 20-0 before they completely tanked, and they lost 38-20 despite winning the stats in that game 435-389. Last week they held Northwestern to 266 total yards and Wildcats RB Tyrel Sutton to 91 yards rushing for the game only to lose 14-6.

EMU WR Deslauriers has been absolutely dominant the last two years against the Chips, catching 14 balls for 207 yards and four TDs '04 and 10 catches for 135 yds in '05. The Chips really have nobody in their secondary that can cover him and he is capable of taking over the game by himself.

Central Michigan is in a spot ripe for the picking coming off a smoke-and-mirrors win against Akron, 24-21, in a game in which they needed a 100 yard interception return for a TD with just four seconds left in the first half and two other red zone turnovers to help with the win. They were outgained by the Zips 436-291 in that game, giving up 391 yards passing to QB Luke Getsy. This was a huge emotional victory for Central Michigan and we expect them to come back down to earth a bit in today's contest.

We don't think the points will be necessary but will take them anyways as insurance.

Play: Eastern Michigan +4½

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd take the Chippawaws in this game myself. I feel they have alot more team depth, and should have no problem covering that number.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think CMU's a good team as well, but this one could be a tough game for them...