SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pacific Star: Minnesota -41½

Pacific Star: Minnesota -41½

Game Time: 9/16/2006 2:00:00 PM (EST)
    By: Pacific Star
    http://www.who2beton.com

Look for Minnesota to beat up on lowly Temple this Saturday when the Golden Gophers host the Owls at the Metrodome in Minneapolis.

Ball State simply let one get away last week against a pretty decent First things first. We certainly aren't in the habit of laying 40+ point chalk in College Football (or any sport for that matter), and we certainly aren't throwing a dart and simply taking the better team here.

We are making a play on Minnesota because if there ever was a strong case for this big of a favorite to cover, this is it. Plain and simple, Temple is awful. In last week's 62-0 home loss to Louisville, they gave up 672 total yards and trailed 42-0 at halftime. They surrendered 300+ yards both in the air and on the ground and didn't come close to scoring.

Last week, Minnesota (coming off a 44-0 road whipping of Kent St) went into Berkley fully expecting to beat Cal and got humiliated 42-17. Temple is the perfect punching bag for a Minnesota team that is known for laying it on bad teams to take out their frustrations on.

We fully expect Minnesota to come close to covering this number at halftime and not letting up. Considering Temple has scored a grand total of three points this season we see little chance of the backdoor even being slightly ajar. Minnesota is 22-4 ATS in the first three games of the season against non-conference opponents. This one gets ugly.

Play: Minnesota -41½

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know there playing probably the worst team in college football this week in Temple, but theres no way i'd even consider laying that many points. If anything I would consider taking those 42 points.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

line seems a tad high, but can't take Temple here...

Mr Nuts
    Mr Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm with you on that one dan too many points

pags11

Temple is so bad it's ridiculous...two weeks in a row and they have been beat by the spread at halftime...

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

How can a Div I football team be SO bad? I just don't get it... What's wrong with that university that no one wants to go to school there? They should drop their football program.

pags11

they may have to drop down to D2 or something...the big east kicked them out of the conference a couple of years ago they were so bad...