jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Friday Night Football (Sep 15)

08:00 PM EST

Kansas +4.0 vs Toledo -4.0
    Total 48
    Last edited by jjgold; 09-15-06 at 06:01 AM.

TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I'm from the Kansas City area so I got to watch the Jayhawks play both games this year. Neither game has impressed me that much. Based on this and the fact that Toledo played Iowa State to a 3rd overtime, I would lean towards taking Toledo. However, they did not fare to well last week. If I was going to play the game, I would play the over 48 looking for both teams to put up points close to 30 each. I'm going with the Over 48 more than likely and will leave the game alone. The golden rule in college was "Never play on or against the Jayhawks" and I have held to that even 10 years later. Good luck to everyone!

jjgold

Good advice guy, I will throw a few bucks on Toledo

Locals have way more of an edge than do guys that live in other areas, if it loses I will not feel bad though because solid info on game. The over is the play too.

GL

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Kansas ML.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

why not, its the only game tonight....
    i will put a couple of bucks on Kansas, at least i will have a reason to watch.

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey TheGambler,

I live in Lawrence. Cool to hear a fellow poster in the area.

I like your rule on never playing on or against them. Any team I am at all close to usually makes sense.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll wait to hear from BBD before I pick a side on this one because he's always in good touch with the teams from this region.

TheGambler has me sold on the over.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I think the over is probably a solid choice...although I think it will be close. I worry about Kansas putting up points on the board. Plus the line could be inflated. People look at Toledo's 45-43 score and tend to forget that was after three overtimes. I like Toledo myself in this one.

TheGambler

Hey Lakerfan, I also live in Lawrence. I just said Kansas City b/c I figured not everyone would know where Lawrence was located. We need to get together some time and watch some of these games. Headed to Ziggy's and Max's tonight for the game. It is located in the old Tanner's building.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    Kansas ML.
    That would be the way I'd play this game.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I capped this @ Toledo (-1). I think KU is the play and I'll concur with the OVER. I'll be playing both of these very small tonight.

E

joe blow
    joe blow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 99

The game jumped up to 5

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

yep total upto 49 also......i wonder if people have last nights game in their minds aswell.

moses millsap

Ouch. LOL.

jjgold

Great calls Gambler!!

TheGambler

Okay, so i'm a little intoxicated right now but still sober enough to type. I've been at a bar 6 hours now watching KU piss this game down their leg just like I thought they would. HOwever, I want to congratulate those that took the over 48 and those that were brave enough to bet on Toledo. I really thought my Hawks were going to pull it out in the end but obviously they need to learn how to hand off the ball during crunch time. JJ, I hope you played both plays (Over/Toledo) and cashed in even though Toledo was kind of a lucky bet. I only played the over as I had capped that both teams would score around 30. Like I said, I can't bet on or against KU so I just sat back and cheered for touchdowns!! Well I guess we will have to get our 6 wins by defeating Florida Atlantic, Okla St, Baylor and Kansas St.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

I think the Kansas qb completed more passes to Toledo players than the Toledo qb did lol.

ok I'm just bitter because I had KU +5 and on the moneyline.

TheGambler

you should be bitter. i can't explain what the hell my freshman quarterback was doing. every other throw would look like a normal pass. however, the Jayhawk defense had about 5 opportunities to pick off passes as well but couldn't seem to hold on. that's what I would be working on come MOnday practice!!

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by gummo
    I think the Kansas qb completed more passes to Toledo players than the Toledo qb did lol.

ok I'm just bitter because I had KU +5 and on the moneyline.
    Shake it off gummo. You seem to know your stuff, so just get em back tomorrow. I plan on doing so.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

what an unbelievable game that was...

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

The OVER was easy money. I knew I was OK when Toledo had 4th and 12 and decided to go for it before the half for the TD. Then they went for 2. I knew I was golden. Those two coaches make Friedgen look like Kate Moss.

The KU quarterback has a NFL type arm. His decision making will come along. Jayhawks backers should be happy to have this guy leading the team for a few years.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah istecap, i like Meier, he's the brother of KSU's Dylan Meyer...he's got to cut down on the picks, but he's alright...