SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike Rose: Nebraska +18˝

Mike Rose: Nebraska +18˝

By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com

The Huskers travel to Southern Cal this week to take on the Trojans, and the points Nebraska's being given are too much to pass up.

Alright Big Red. I’ve casually observed you play the first two weeks of the season, and I came away quite impressed.

The offense finally looks to be at a level head coach Bill Callahan wants it at, and the defense looks stifling. That being said, can you bring this same type of play with you on the road against the men of Troy?

I believe you can, and I believe the boatload of points you’re receiving in this matchup should really anger you. Anger you so much that you go out and beat these guys in their own backyard! How you like ‘dem apples?

Alright, I’ll stop talking to Nebraska like it was a person next to me but, bottom line, Nebraska should in no way get rolled up and smoked in this game. They return the more experienced squad overall, and they’ve upgraded their talent on both sides of the ball.

USC struggled in the first half of their game at Arkansas before steamrolling them in the second stanza. Big Red has the tools offensively to control the tempo in this one, and they’ve got the big Blackshirt defense to hopefully get a hand on QB Booty and force the Trojans into a couple of mistakes.

Either way, 18+ points is an utter slap in the face, and I’m expecting the Cornhuskers to react positively in this spot. I’m not calling for the outright win, but to definitely stay within this ridiculous number.

Play: Nebraska +18˝

misteve
    misteve's Avatar Become A Pro!

I certainly agree with this one and has all week been one of my biggest plays.
    Take Neb +18.5 or better this week!

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I so want to take Nebraska here, but just can't...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I too would take the Huskers plus the points in this game myself.

imastud2
    imastud2's Avatar Become A Pro!

This looks so appealling, however we're talking usc here and it's if they can turn it on or off...however it does look appealling on the way Nebraska has come out this year and playing like yeaster year....Go Nebraska....can't lay the points though

JohnnyBoy928
    JohnnyBoy928's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have USC covering the points at -18... It will be close... Probably decided by a couple of points...

pags11

I'm afraid that Johnny's right here...Carroll will look to make a statement in this game...

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Im scared of Neb getting the backdoor cover in this one.

rolemand
    rolemand's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy928
    I have USC covering the points at -18... It will be close... Probably decided by a couple of points...

absolutely right they'll only up by 21 at halftime. Then they'll win the 2nd half by 14 to 17. I don't see how USC doesn't win by 30.

pags11

USC may be as loaded as they've ever been...scary to think about, really...