SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

LT Profits: SMU -5.0

LT Profits: SMU -5.0

Both of these teams were destroyed in their season openers, but both losses came to powerful schools, and we feel that SMU has the toughness edge here coming from the much stronger conference.

North Texas comes out of the South Belt Conference, a league that is just 47-139 SU in non-conference games since 2001 while losing those contests by an average of 14.4 points! North Texas is only 4-24 SU and 9-17, 34.6 percent ATS out of conference during this span. The Eagles could not manage a single thing in a 56-7 loss to second ranked Texas last week.

Now SMU was also routed 35-3 by Texas Tech, but this assignment looks much easier. Yes the Mustangs are 0-8 SU in non-conference road games since 2001, but take a look at their eight opponents: Texas A&M, Oklahoma State (twice), TCU (twice), Baylor, Texas Tech, North Carolina. Those are all quality schools from quality conferences that generally all play well at home. This is the weakest non-conference opponent that SMU has faced in a long time, and we look for the Mustangs to take advantage of this rare breather.

Game Time: Sep 9 '06 7:00PM

Play: SMU -5.0

By: LT Profits
    http://www.who2beton.com

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

tricky game here...not sure to make of this one...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is one of those games I was just looking at.

I just can't see North Texas comming out that flat in this game. I'm thinking North Texas on the ML just might be worth a shot.

pags11

No. Texas is just so bad dan...SMU isn't world beaters, but I think there not completely terrible...why one would even want to bet this game is beyond me...

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

North Texas is worse than many Div I-AA teams. They really are that bad. I followed all the Texas teams last year and got a pretty good handle on this team. I think they are worse this year and should lose by double digits.

pags11

No. Texas actually showed a little life...I was surprised...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't see how you were suprised about this one myself. As I posted above I felt that North Texas was clearly the better team in this matchup, and even posted I liked the ML in this thread above.

pags11

Dan,

North Texas has been dogshit for 2 years now, how could I expect them to change so dramitcally?...yes, they did play well, congrats...the question is, did you actually bet on it?...

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I was pretty surprised. I followed NT pretty closely last year and while occasionally showing signs of being a solid team, they were mostly crap.