SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Akron at NC State - Sep 9th

Akron +10

By: Tony George
    http://www.phoenixsports.com
    The Zips should be able to hang with the Wolfpack in a close game, and that makes Akron plus the points the play.

I am not sold on the NC State Wolfpack, especially on offense, and especially since struggling with Appalachian State to a wishy washy 23-10 win last week when Wolfpack QB Marcus Stone passed for a deplorable 44 yards.

The strength of NC State is running the ball, which plays to the strength of the Zips from Akron whose run defense shut down Penn State last week to 76 yards on the ground, a game Akron was in until late in the 3rd quarter.

NC State is 5-15 ATS at home their last 20 games, and QB Getsy from Akron is NFL material and is the better QB in this game by far. A young and inexperienced Wolfpack defense will be tested here. A close one, I'll grab the points here.

Play: Akron +10

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

think that this is a pretty solid pick as well...thought Akron showed a lot of fight at PSU last week and NCSU has some major issues on offense...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree pags. I feel the zips is the right side of this game as well.

The zips had a tough test last weekend against Penn St, and I feel this will give them a great advantage this week. It's not like they played a cupcake at all either in there loss.