SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tennessee +2.0

Tennessee +2.0

Tennessee has won 11 straight season openers, and while Cal is an exceptional team this year, I think they extend that streak by one.

I just don't like the idea of a rookie QB (Longshore) making his second career start in such a hostile environment. I know the Bears have a talented backfield with RB's Lynch and Forsett, but I don't like the retooling on the O-Line. It can lead to a couple of mental errors be it penalties or missed assignments that causes a crucial turnover.
    Tennessee +2.0

The other factor that has me leaning towards the home chalk is the huge trip out east that Cal has to take, and the humidity that's sure to have an effect. The Vols had a season they'd much rather forget in '06, and the folks in Knoxville aren't too happy about what transpired. They suffered their first losing season since 1998, and saw its 16-year bowl streak snapped in the process. They're a squad out for redemption this season, and there's not a bigger stage than Rocky Top to reclaim your dominance within the college football ranks. I love the reacquisition of David Cutcliffe as Offensive Coordinator, and QB Erik Ainge will benefit greatly from it. I'm expecting a huge turnaround in offensive production this year.

The Bears are yet to have a huge win on the road yet in the HC Tedford era, and I'm betting that doesn't happen this evening. If it does, my hat goes off to the Bears, as this win could catapult them towards a very special season.

Game Time: 9/2/2006 5:30:00 PM

Play: Tennessee

By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com

rightsideup
    rightsideup's Avatar Become A Pro!

Redemption

you can redeem yourself only when you have the horses to lead to the water...if you dont have the horses, then the water dont matter.. tennessee has no game breakers and fulmer has absolutely no imagination....cal beats them up pretty good.... in my humble opinion

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

why make a ML play if the line is +2?...just a thought...

GoBlue
    GoBlue's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cal wins the game with EASE

So go play the Vols and lose your $$$$......

pags11

goblue,

Cal may very well come out and play great, but I really think people are discounting Tennessee's home field and track record early in the season (especially ATS) under fat phil's tenure...as I've stated in other threads, this is a no play for me...I just don't see the reasoning in taking a dog +2 in college football...just saying you might as well make a ML play...

rightsideup
    rightsideup's Avatar Become A Pro!

fat phil

does not cover against top 10 teams out of conference at home or away..and remember, fat phil isnt playing. tennessee was pretty bad last year and lost riggs and clausen and six d starters..i think if the only way tennessee wins as if they have SEC officials...thats good for 10 points right there...lmao

pags11

I guess we'll just have to wait and see rightside up...GL...