SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

USC vs. Arkansas

USC vs. Arkansas

This is a dangerous spot for USC in its first game of the post-Bush-Leinart era.

Yes the team is still loaded offensively, but it may take a game or two for all of the new faces to form any cohesion. Remember that they are starting a freshman running back in C.J. Gable, and who knows how quarterback John David Booty will react to his first start. In fact it may be the underrated Trojans DEFENSE that may carry it for the first few weeks, meaning that this game could be much lower scoring than many people think.

The Arkansas defense is formidable and experienced, and it will probably play a bit over its head here remembering the embarrassing 70-17 loss to USC at Los Angeles last season. Offensively the Razorbacks are all about running, as in a powerful conference full of good running teams it was Arkansas that led the SEC in rushing last season. This reliance on the run is not only the best chance for an Arkansas upset, but it also shortens the game by taking valuable time off, which is very beneficial to the UNDER.

By: L.T. Profit Sports Group
    http://www.who2beton.com

BRUIN PRIDE
    BRUIN PRIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!

don't forget that arkansas will be playing this game without Darren Mcfadden their freshman all american running back from last year who will be sitting this game out due to a broken toe. he rushed for 1,113 yards last year for them. They do have another sophomore running back named felix jones who rushed for 600 yards last year but is said to lack the speed that mcfadden posseses.

koko
    koko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Quote Originally Posted by BRUIN PRIDE
    don't forget that arkansas will be playing this game without Darren Mcfadden their freshman all american running back from last year who will be sitting this game out due to a broken toe. he rushed for 1,113 yards last year for them. They do have another sophomore running back named felix jones who rushed for 600 yards last year but is said to lack the speed that mcfadden posseses.
    USC's defense appears to be too fast for Jones, and perhaps even too fast for Mcfadden.

I'm not sure the Hogs are going to be moving the ball all that well again the Trojans. If they can't, and SC puts up a couple of early scores, this one could go the way of last year's game. Ok, I doubt they hang 70, but, if Booty lives up to the hype, this one could be ugly.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

am I hearing correctly that RB McFadden may now play in this one?...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pags11
    am I hearing correctly that RB McFadden may now play in this one?...
    yep, I heard the same thing pags. there now saying he's probable now.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

oh boy, just another reason college football handicapping is tough...no true injury report...I hope they don't ruin the kid's career...he's pretty damn talented...

rightsideup
    rightsideup's Avatar Become A Pro!

Under, Under, Under

NERVES,NERVES,NERVES AND ARKANSAS IS GOING TO TRY AND RUN IT DOWN USCs throat....