pittviper
    pittviper's Avatar Become A Pro!

PittVipers WEEK 1 CFB Plays (with write-ups)

YTD RECORD: 0-0 +0 UNITS

Will be playing all plays at pinnacle this year, I will provide write-ups from time to time. I will only be posting a write-up for the Central Michigan game this week. I like it the most, besides there are other people on other sites who have made good points/write-ups for some of the other games.. GL to all this season, and I am positve it will be a profitable one! I may have an add or two before game time....

Central Michigan +13.5 -105 (11 units/ 10 units)

Georgia Tech +7.5 -125 (7.5 units/6 units) (I BOUGHT THE HALF)

Tennessee -1 -111 (4.44 units/4 units)

Arkansas State +5.5 -105 (4.2 units/4 units)

Kent State +16.5 -102 (4.08 units/4 units)

Marshall +21.5 +105 (2 units/2.1 units)

GL TO ALL this season, and I hope to start off 6-0, lol.

Central Michigan +13.5 @ home vs. Boston College

On center stage in front of all of North America to see (ESPN2), Central Michigan should keep this game with the Eagles of Boston College within a touchdown at home. Boston College will be without one of the best college defensive players of all time this season, when they try to defend Central Michigan without DE Mathias Kiwanuka. Last year, as stated by the Boston College coach “The attention that had to be paid to him by opposing offenses was considerable.”, offenses constantly were on watch for Mathias and would set their game plan differently knowing he would be around. That all changes this year as Jim Ramella, who had 36 lest tackles and 9 less sacks than Kiwanuka, is expected to fill his shoes this season. He is touted as being a very good player, but there is no way in hell he lives up to these expectations. One major setback to Jim having a stellar season is that hewill miss the first week vs. Central Michigan, and could even be off the field for the entire season, due to the shoulder surgery he had done earlier in the summer. To add to this, senior strong safety Ryan Glasper (hip surgery in April), defensive tackle Justin Bell (Achilles) and safety Brian Young (knee), will all be missing the week 1 game. “It’s the most we’ve ever had coming into a year,” O’Brien (Boston College coach) said of the injuries. What does this mean? Freshman Austin Giles, yet to make a start on the college level, will be replacing Mathias Kiwanuka. Haha. I am not saying that Boston College’s defense will be a push-over, but opposing offenses will no longer be afraid, and can now capitalize on Boston College’s weaknesses. Central Michigan’s offense, however, returns fairly intact. The only place Central Michigan needed a change is at quarterback, with Kent Smith going to the Oakland Raiders. IMO, this is not a big loss for Central Michigan, and it may actually prove to be a big + as I expect Brian Brunner to perform well. He watched from the sidelines last year learning the Central Michigan’s offensive system, and made a brief appearance in which he looked sharp (going 3-3 for 21 yards). Two future NFL players/potential stars in Joe Staley and Drew Mormino will be protecting Brunner this season, this combined with their 22nd ranked ground crew (they were ranked 22nd in rushing yards per game last season at 113.7 per game) will keep the clock moving and should keep them in this game. A few more things. First, Boston College lost a few more players to the NFL this off-season when their all-star return man, Will Blackmon, was taken in the NFL draft along with their long snapper Francis Brochu. As well, it will be difficult for Boston College’s offensive line to perform at the rate that they did last year, with left tackle Jeremy Trueblood and center Pat Ross now both in the NFL. With this, and the fact that Central Michigan only allowed 113.7 yards per game on the ground last year (ranked 22nd in the country, fist in the M.A.C) and only 104 per game @ home, Boston College has to hope that their receivers don’t have first game jitters as the ground is not the way for them to go in this game. Central Michigan will still be solid on defense as six of their front seven return this season. Boston College’s team is obviously not as good as their 8-3 team last year (6-5 A.T.S) and will fight to the end, most likely, with an improved Central Michigan team who finished 6-5 last year (6-3-2 A.T.S, 3-1 S.U as an underdog).

Now for the line… The line opened at Boston College -13.5 -109 (@ Pinnacle). This is an interesting opening line, as to me it seems that they are baiting bettors to bet Boston College, as a two touchdown Boston College win would cover the -13.5. If the line were -14.5 things would be completely different, IMO. What I like even more about this line is that it is on ESPN2, so most of Joe Public will be on this game. They see a well known Boston College team laying only a -13.5 favourite vs. an under the radar team in Central Michigan. This is why it has been the most betted game of the Week 1 list so far, and as of now 82% of the public is on Boston College. With this being a very popular game to bet, and there being 82% on Boston College, the line should have moved up a point or two. Or at least a half point, but no budge! In fact, the line opened up at -13.5 -107, but even with all these people on Boston College the line has moved down to -103. Bizarre!

In conclusion…………… Boston College will be missing MANY players in this game (due to injuries, and the NFL draft) including their top defensive player of all time, while Central Michigan has most of the same men/boys this year. I like Central Michigan to make a statement at home in front of their home crowd, they have been looking forward to this game all off-season and should keep this game within a touchdown, even POSSIBLY winning outright. Sure Boston College has been looking at this game too, but not as much as Central Michigan. In my opinion, they have probably thought more about their second week game home-opener game vs. #18 ranked Clemson Tigers. This along with, all the injuries and players gone, I do not believe their minds have truly been focused on this game with Central Michigan. Watch for Cent. Mich. to keep this game close.

MY PLAY………… Central Michigan +13.5 (-105)

BOL
    PV

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do like your Tennessee play bud.

good luck to you sir

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

descent looking card there bud...GL pittviper...

BRUIN PRIDE
    BRUIN PRIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cal is beating Tennessee, and Notre Dame is going to throw all over the Georgia Tech Defense and they will win by more than 10...

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

not so sure about Cal, but I lean ND's way at this point (especially under 7)...

BRUIN PRIDE
    BRUIN PRIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im prolly not going to bet on Cal, but they should beat tennessee,The only thing holding me back is the fact it is in Tennessee and Tennessee has been waiting all offseason to prove that they aren't as bad as they performed last season. Cal has one of the top running games in college football and they also have the #1 rated defensive line, so they will be tough against the run. If they can get by Tennessee I could see them being a dark horse for the National championship. They always play USC tough and if they're ever going to beat them this would be the year when USC is (so called down from the past couple years). Longshore is a pretty good quarterback who didnt get to play all of last season due to injury, but Tedford consistantly produces top notch qb's.

taurus
    taurus's Avatar Become A Pro!

including their top defensive player of all time

I don't disagree with your conclusion but I do not agree that Kiawanuka is their best defensive palyer of all time.
    I'm terrible at remembering names but the Eagles drafted BC defensive end some years back - his pro career has been so so - and Chris Hovan was a real good one and has done well in the pros.
    That's a small detail, however, and I agree that CM could be an attractive dog. But if BC plays up to its capabilities _ they won 20-3 at Provo last year_ then my play on BC will turn out better than your play on CM.
    Good post and Good Luck ( on the rest of your plays, that is. )